Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

Anyone into R/C?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-20-2013, 12:10 PM   #9841
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
Whoa! Havent been in here in a while! Anyway, I recently bought a HPI Apache C1 from Tower. I'll throw up pics later!
Old 07-20-2013, 12:44 PM   #9842
Dcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Dcpsychobilly's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by banditstpk View Post
can anyone tell me what kind of things i should get to keep up on maintenance on the truck i just got. its my first R/C and i have no idea

like oils and tools or anything.
what did you end up getting?
just keep it clean, dont leave a battery connected when not in use. Not sure what else to suggest, maybe lube bearings also
Old 07-20-2013, 01:31 PM   #9843
Gear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
Gear Head's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
can anyone tell me what kind of things i should get to keep up on maintenance on the truck i just got. its my first R/C and i have no idea

like oils and tools or anything.
Use a dry lubricant on things like hinge pins ect. Don't use wd40, it's a dirt magnet! It's easiest to clean with compressed air too. Just blow it off everytime you use it unless you get it muddy. Then just wipe it down with a wet rag. As far as bearings go I used to take the rubber seals out and put marine grease in there. Protects them from rusting if water gets in there and dirt gets caught in the grease instead of in the bearing.
Old 07-20-2013, 07:37 PM   #9844
ride BMX!
littledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
littledvl's Tacoma Gallery
Mostly done, still gotta paint the mirrors and add some more stickers, far from perfect but I like it.

Old 07-20-2013, 11:30 PM   #9845
Pabst knows best
banditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: patrick
banditstpk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcpsychobilly View Post
what did you end up getting?
just keep it clean, dont leave a battery connected when not in use. Not sure what else to suggest, maybe lube bearings also
i got the associated sc10 4x4 brushless lipo combo

thing is a beast!!

im mainly asking about tools and oils because i would like to build a small work table or have a tackle box with everything i would need to do a complete tear down and rebuild

and i run my truck in a dusty area and it gets awfully dirty.. after every run i have to flip over the truck and bang out the rocks and dirt lol

my truck
Old 07-21-2013, 12:56 AM   #9846
BMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paden
BMOC's Tacoma Gallery
They don't need much maintanance as long as it doesn't get wet. Blow it off with compressed air should be good to go. Replace bearings as needed and service shocks once in a while.
Old 07-21-2013, 01:26 PM   #9847
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMOC View Post
They don't need much maintanance as long as it doesn't get wet. Blow it off with compressed air should be good to go. Replace bearings as needed and service shocks once in a while.
X2

Not much maintenance needed with electric rc's. Just replace whatever gets worn out.
Old 07-21-2013, 04:37 PM   #9848
Pabst knows best
banditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

awesome sounds good to me
Old 07-21-2013, 06:52 PM   #9849

^ That's one advantage of electric over nitro r/c's, a lot less maintenance! Just pop in a fresh battery and go!
Old 07-21-2013, 07:47 PM   #9850
EODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Explosive Ordnanace Disposal
Name: Dave
EODTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by littledvl View Post
Mostly done, still gotta paint the mirrors and add some more stickers, far from perfect but I like it.

Looks bad ass. I am really impressed.
Old 07-21-2013, 07:49 PM   #9851
Dcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomanator View Post
^ That's one advantage of electric over nitro r/c's, a lot less maintenance! Just pop in a fresh battery and go!
x2
Old 07-21-2013, 11:42 PM   #9852
Pabst knows best

just out and about in my back yard

Old 07-22-2013, 06:19 PM   #9853

wow that's your backyard. Arizona here I come
Old 07-23-2013, 12:16 AM   #9854
Pabst knows best

thats not even the start of it lol. im slowly building a track kinda running each part and finding a good line that works with each obstacle

sorry for the big pictures
Old 07-24-2013, 11:12 PM   #9855
Pabst knows best

just a small video i made with the gopro
http://youtu.be/tv78TLRiN6I
Old 07-25-2013, 08:19 AM   #9856
Taco42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
Taco42's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
just a small video i made with the gopro
Awesome! What did you use to attach the gopro? I tried one of the adhesive mounts and it fell off after a few mins.
Old 07-25-2013, 09:25 AM   #9857
Pabst knows best

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco42 View Post
Awesome! What did you use to attach the gopro? I tried one of the adhesive mounts and it fell off after a few mins.
i also used one of the adhesive mounts, you just have to make sure the area is clean and apply pressure for about 30 to 45 seconds so it can adhere better.

i need to come up with a way to mount it from the chassis and come up through the top, because being mounted on the body makes the video really shaky
Old 07-25-2013, 09:26 PM   #9858
epa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eduardo
epa4wd's Tacoma Gallery
So my T4.1 has been sitting in the closet for the past months... A friend of mine just opened a carpet track so I might be going next weekend for the opening. Never ran carpet, any setup suggestions? (tires etc..)
Old 07-26-2013, 05:56 AM   #9859
TenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
TenBeers's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by epa4wd View Post
So my T4.1 has been sitting in the closet for the past months... A friend of mine just opened a carpet track so I might be going next weekend for the opening. Never ran carpet, any setup suggestions? (tires etc..)
Never ran carpet either, but the TLR 22 can be configured for mid-engine, which is supposedly good for carpet. I guess this is because carpet is just grippier, with less chance of the back end sliding around. So anything you can do to get weight forward a bit would be my guess. I think the Europeans run carpet a lot, so maybe someone has posted a good setup for you vehicle somewhere on the interwebs.
Old 07-26-2013, 03:27 PM   #9860
epa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eduardo
epa4wd's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks I'll google around, I know there is a kit (the X60 I think) for making the T4 mid motor, if I start going frequently to that track I might consider it.

Products Discussed in this Thread