Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

Anyone into R/C?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-03-2013, 01:18 PM   #9981
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
unfortunately my buggy, 2 SCTs, and crawler are all sitting in a storage unit in florida at the moment, but in the last few weeks i've picked up some new stuff.

got a Losi trail trekker, the 1/24 scale crawler. played around with the frame and suspension to squeeze a little more travel out of the suspension. then i removed some lugs on the tires and got better grip. then built a 1/24 scale gmc pickup body for a more scale look. real fun little truck.

also got a Helimax 1SQ quad copter (v-cam) version with the built in camera.

and the most recent is a DJI Phantom.

got a lot of spare parts for the quads and set them up with some nice cases for transporting

small enough for some fun at the office

The mini quad setup

picture taken with the built-in camera on the mini one

and the phantom (painted for better visibility)

first flight/flips after tweaking the manual mode settings.

brushless gimbal and vibration reducing mount coming very soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXiOI...NKXW9QrIeVfuyQ
Old 10-03-2013, 01:20 PM   #9982
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Michael, that buggy looks awesome. does that share components with any other existing platforms, or is it 100% new from the ground up?
Old 10-06-2013, 10:52 PM   #9983
Pabst knows best
banditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: patrick
banditstpk's Tacoma Gallery
looking to sell my SC10 4x4
tons of upgrades
shock oils and diff oils
two lipos and balance charger
rpm control arms all around
chassis brace
proline trencher tires
hitech hi torque servo
strc belt tensioners
flow tek body

asking 350$ OBO

Old 10-07-2013, 03:40 AM   #9984
low and slow
mjbtaco has a brilliant futuremjbtaco has a brilliant futuremjbtaco has a brilliant futuremjbtaco has a brilliant futuremjbtaco has a brilliant futuremjbtaco has a brilliant futuremjbtaco has a brilliant futuremjbtaco has a brilliant futuremjbtaco has a brilliant futuremjbtaco has a brilliant futuremjbtaco has a brilliant future

Name: Michael
mjbtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by colinb17 View Post
Michael, that buggy looks awesome. does that share components with any other existing platforms, or is it 100% new from the ground up?
It's 100% brand new. Doesn't even share parts with our previous model of 4wd buggy lol.
Old 10-08-2013, 07:36 PM   #9985
Pabst knows best
banditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: patrick
banditstpk's Tacoma Gallery
Also willing to trade gopro stuff for my truck
Old 10-12-2013, 02:43 PM   #9986
05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Devin
05tundra13's Tacoma Gallery
Hey guys, so my sc104x4 electric is out of commission and I can't figure out why. I think the brakes are locked up or the diff is. When it's on the ground and I give it throttle it moves but with struggle and it seems to be locked up. When it's off the ground I can spin the wheels freely with ease. Any ideas on why it's locking up and where should I start taking things apart.

Thanks for the help!
Old 10-12-2013, 03:17 PM   #9987
Dcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Dcpsychobilly's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05tundra13 View Post
Hey guys, so my sc104x4 electric is out of commission and I can't figure out why. I think the brakes are locked up or the diff is. When it's on the ground and I give it throttle it moves but with struggle and it seems to be locked up. When it's off the ground I can spin the wheels freely with ease. Any ideas on why it's locking up and where should I start taking things apart.

Thanks for the help!
Sounds to me like you stripped a gear or something is loose
Isn't it belt driven? Check the belt/pinion gear
Old 10-12-2013, 03:22 PM   #9988
The Slow But Getting Somewhere Build
tacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AC-130W Crew Chief
Name: Dane
tacodane's Tacoma Gallery
selling my traxxas rustler if anyone is interested.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/buy...stler-vxl.html
Old 10-12-2013, 03:23 PM   #9989
05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcpsychobilly View Post
Sounds to me like you stripped a gear or something is loose
Isn't it belt driven? Check the belt/pinion gear
Yes it is. Will do.
Old 10-12-2013, 09:48 PM   #9990
Dcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Yes it is. Will do.
Did you find the problem ?
Old 10-13-2013, 04:03 PM   #9991

Quote:
Did you find the problem ?
found out that the belt was flipped inside and that it wasnt on the wheel. but even after then it still now makes this noise when i gas it. i think the clutch is slipping possibly.
Old 10-13-2013, 04:43 PM   #9993

Quote:
found out that the belt was flipped inside and that it wasnt on the wheel. but even after then it still now makes this noise when i gas it. i think the clutch is slipping possibly.
Maybe belt is damaged?
I wonder how it flipped?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelsisTaco View Post
I AM I AM!! I work at a local shop in IA!

Old 10-13-2013, 06:45 PM   #9994

Quote:
Maybe belt is damaged?
I wonder how it flipped?

not sure. it sounds like the clutch/belt is slipping. trial and error at this point. but im getting close. at least now i can mash it a bit.
Old 10-13-2013, 06:55 PM   #9995
Live Fast, Die Young
superwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

superwhite10's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimwood Shady View Post
Think I am about to finally drop some coin on a SCX10....anyone know anyone selling one? I want the honcho
I hate you...

going to my local shop i found tomorrow to see if they price match...
Old 10-13-2013, 07:27 PM   #9996
I love your mom!
Slimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Sergeant First Class
Name: Linwood
Slimwood Shady's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by superwhite10 View Post
I hate you...

going to my local shop i found tomorrow to see if they price match...
mine ships on Tues
Old 10-13-2013, 08:44 PM   #9997

Quote:
not sure. it sounds like the clutch/belt is slipping. trial and error at this point. but im getting close. at least now i can mash it a bit.
You can't just adjust it/tighten it?

And I been wanting a Scx10 but need to get rid of the slash to fund that purchase. Anyone want a slash
Old 10-13-2013, 08:56 PM   #9998

what kind of street cars do yall have? been looking at cars since I already have 4 off road RCs. I really like the Traxxas XO-1, but i'm not sure I want a 1/5 scale.
Old 10-13-2013, 09:06 PM   #9999
Do you know Tyler Durden?
FearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
FearNothing321's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by colinb17 View Post
what kind of street cars do yall have? been looking at cars since I already have 4 off road RCs. I really like the Traxxas XO-1, but i'm not sure I want a 1/5 scale.
I want to get this

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXCZTD&P=0
Old 10-13-2013, 09:15 PM   #10000

ooooooohhhh

their cars live up to the reputation of their trucks?

Products Discussed in this Thread