Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

Anyone into R/C?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-04-2013, 06:13 PM   #9981
Motorboatin' SOB
Fink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Former FF/EMT
Name: Chris
Fink's Tacoma Gallery
Anybody interested in some Gens Aces LiPos?

(1) 3S 5000mAh 40C Hard Case (Deans) - $35
(2) 3S 2200mAh 60C (Deans) - $20/ea
(1) 2S 5000mAh 40C Hard Case (Deans) - $25
(1) 2S 4000mAh 30C Hard Case (Deans) - $20
(2) 2S 2200mAh 25C (Deans) - $10/ea

They are all in near perfect condition and have been kept at storage voltage using a Thunder AC680 charger. The hard case ones are the "direct" version, not the kind with the removable leads that have had issues in the past. They were all converted over to Deans by a local hobby shop so the soldering is done well.

Free shipping to lower 48.

Figured I'd start here before I really tried too hard to sell them.

Fink
Old 09-04-2013, 06:15 PM   #9982
TACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelly
TACO TX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadeInMaine View Post
I picked those two just after research on my own and from you guys here mentioning stuff.
I would like to keep the price under $250, but lower the better unless I have to, to get what I want.
Who makes slash?
Traxxas makes the slash but your probaly gonna be over budget with it. I got this ECX torment about a month ago, i paid $169 for it ready to run with charger and everything. The battery that came with it sucked so i bought two Venom 3300mah's for $24 a piece to go with it. Alot better performance than the 1800mah that came with it. Its not brushless but for a basher/starter truck its great. Cant really run Lipo batterys since the ESC doesnt have a low voltage cutoff but oh well. Also most Traxxas slash parts fit it with little to no mods.
Old 09-04-2013, 06:25 PM   #9983
Dcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Dcpsychobilly's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I picked those two just after research on my own and from you guys here mentioning stuff.
I would like to keep the price under $250, but lower the better unless I have to, to get what I want.
Who makes slash?
A 2wd traxxas slash with a brushed xl5 and 2.4ghz radio and a battery go around the 225 new I'll look gimme a minute

Check it out MadeInMaine
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...attery-Charger

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACO TX View Post
Traxxas makes the slash but your probaly gonna be over budget with it.
X2 traxxas, depends a rtr with battery is possible new under 250
Old 09-04-2013, 06:28 PM   #9984
Dcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Traxxas makes the slash but your probaly gonna be over budget with it. I got this ECX torment about a month ago, i paid $169 for it ready to run with charger and everything. The battery that came with it sucked so i bought two Venom 3300mah's for $24 a piece to go with it. Alot better performance than the 1800mah that came with it. Its not brushless but for a basher/starter truck its great. Cant really run Lipo batterys since the ESC doesnt have a low voltage cutoff but oh well. Also most Traxxas slash parts fit it with little to no mods
Careful running with no lipo cutoff the batteries won't last long going under certain voltage.
Old 09-04-2013, 06:28 PM   #9985
TACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TACO TX's Tacoma Gallery
Or just bite the bullet and get one of these!
Old 09-04-2013, 06:30 PM   #9986

TACO TX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcpsychobilly View Post
Careful running with no lipo cutoff the batteries won't last long going under certain voltage.
Im running nimh's.
Old 09-04-2013, 06:34 PM   #9987

Quote:
Im running nimh's.
I saw venom (it's what I got) and thought lipo lol Nvm
Old 09-04-2013, 06:38 PM   #9988
EODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Explosive Ordnanace Disposal
Name: Dave
EODTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Or just bite the bullet and get one of these!
This looks pretty cool.
Old 09-04-2013, 08:34 PM   #9989
ride BMX!
littledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
littledvl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjbtaco View Post
So the company I am a Team Manager for made me a Michael Barrios Edition 1/8 Scale Buggy wing. Im SUPER excited about it.

Congrats man!
Old 09-05-2013, 06:18 AM   #9992
stroked383z has a spectacular aura aboutstroked383z has a spectacular aura about
stroked383z's Tacoma Gallery
After running the Brushless 2wd slash and my 1/10 E-Revo Brushless... My Revo is alot better for bashing, running off-road, doesn't flip near as much (the slash flips everywhere), will go a ton more places with the 4wd, and is actually faster (slash 3S... Revo 4S)

E-Revo is a awesome RC.
Old 09-05-2013, 06:37 AM   #9993
zmnypit is on a distinguished road

zmnypit's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hey guys,
I was hoping to get some "expert" opinions, since I have no experience with RC cars since I was 8 y/o.

I am looking into two choices right now....
Traxx Stampede XL-5 ($220ish)
LOSI 1/10 Desert Truck ($150ish)

What I want to do with it...
- attach my gopro to it, and have some fun with video making and playing/chase with my dog.
- some dirt/gravel, some grass, maybe a bit of snow/water... but nothing serious
- something that I could upgrade pieces on would be fun, but not putting lots of money into it, more for fun, or if pieces break (don't have to throw out entire vehicle)
- some speed would be fun, but nothing for the race track, purely for fun.

what are your thoughts on those two choices, and also do they meet my needs, etc...

Thanks in advice, form this rookie RC kid.

Cheers
Id go with the Losi or a slash. The Stampede is more of a monster truck.

Here's my slash after I finished painting it last year
Attached Thumbnails
Anyone into R/C?-img_20120325_181806.jpg  
Old 09-05-2013, 07:55 AM   #9995

Quote:
Originally Posted by stroked383z View Post
After running the Brushless 2wd slash and my 1/10 E-Revo Brushless... My Revo is alot better for bashing, running off-road, doesn't flip near as much (the slash flips everywhere), will go a ton more places with the 4wd, and is actually faster (slash 3S... Revo 4S)

E-Revo is a awesome RC.
That's just because the revo is wider/funny looking

Quote:
No one in here races anymore huh? lol
Nah it cost more money to do it with so much seriousness lol I just see this as a hobby
Old 09-05-2013, 08:50 AM   #9996
Do you know Tyler Durden?
FearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
FearNothing321's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'd race if I could afford it. Too many hobbies lol
Old 09-05-2013, 07:40 PM   #9998

Wow that's a freak accident
You really never know what can happen
Old 09-06-2013, 08:55 AM   #9999
T Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T Fades's Tacoma Gallery
Anybody flying rc planes? Used to fly gas planes about 15 years ago, and have been thinking about getting a little electric park flyer.

Recently, at the hobby store, saw they now have digital radios instead of the old school analog. Any opinions on this newer technology?

Looking at this little guy for a starter:
http://secure.hobbyzone.com/rcplanes...r/HBZ4900.html

And this little guy is analog:
http://secure.hobbyzone.com/rcplanes...r/HBZ4800.html
Old 09-06-2013, 10:05 AM   #10000
it's about the off-road miles
tacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Blang
tacokid09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i would if i hard closer tracks to me.. closest one is about an hour or 2 away. i have a b4 and b44 just waiting for some indoor

along with an 18r if any places have indoor on road tracks.

edit: if anyone is interested in any, let me know. ill sell them pretty RTR w/ lipo or lipos.

Products Discussed in this Thread