LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

Anyone into R/C?

Old 12-10-2013, 12:02 PM   #10201
ride BMX!
littledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
littledvl's Tacoma Gallery
Really any 3x6mm or 3x8mm screw will work, I am sure you have something lying around you can use.

This is all you need essentially
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...Screw-Black-10
Old 12-10-2013, 12:09 PM   #10202
ride BMX!
littledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hunter View Post
Thanks Eric I check RPP and they didn't have anything even in the "screw" search that looked close to those lol... And the only screws I have are for the body or for the cage none of which will fit in any of the other servo's I have... I will be ordering a few more 25T horns so I can just swap them out and not have to worry about this shit ever again lol

http://www.rpphobby.com/product_p/axa0113.htm

Always good to keep extra everything, haha
Old 12-10-2013, 12:57 PM   #10203
Motorboatin' SOB
Fink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Former FF/EMT
Name: Chris
Fink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by littledvl View Post
http://www.rpphobby.com/product_p/axa0113.htm

Always good to keep extra everything, haha
So damn true. I used to have at least two screw sets for each of my trucks on-hand at all times.

Fink
Old 12-10-2013, 01:16 PM   #10204
ride BMX!

Aint been able to run anything in awhile, after getting sent home from work with a "bad attitude" haha, I charged up a lipo and had some fun with my ridgecrest around my house and the field out bad.

Old 12-10-2013, 01:38 PM   #10205
Motorboatin' SOB
Fink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Fink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Aint been able to run anything in awhile, after getting sent home from work with a "bad attitude" haha, I charged up a lipo and had some fun with my ridgecrest around my house and the field out bad.

Bad attitude. What a douche.

That's a badass pic.

I've found myself sitting on TowerHobbies.com most of the day at work...the itch is back.

Fink
Old 12-10-2013, 01:46 PM   #10206
Do you know Tyler Durden?
FearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
FearNothing321's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fink View Post

That's a badass pic.

I've found myself sitting on TowerHobbies.com most of the day at work...the itch is back.

Fink
They make meds for that lol
Old 12-10-2013, 01:57 PM   #10207
Motorboatin' SOB

Fink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearNothing321 View Post
They make meds for that lol
I've only got a day left of the cream...it's not red anymore.

Fink
Old 12-10-2013, 02:30 PM   #10208
ride BMX!

Quote:
Ok so what would you guys value a traxxas stampede at? My buddy wants to get a wraith after seeing mine
Need a lil more info, 2wd or 4x4, any upgrades, vxl?
Old 12-10-2013, 02:31 PM   #10209
ride BMX!

Quote:

That's a badass pic.

Fink
Hahaha meh I didn't wanna work today

What are you looking to get into this go around?
Old 12-10-2013, 02:41 PM   #10210
Motorboatin' SOB

Fink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hahaha meh I didn't wanna work today

What are you looking to get into this go around?
Twin Hammers is calling my name, but so is the Wraith. Truthfully, I never really ran my old Wraith with all the Vanquish shwag on it. I'd love to have one that I don't invest quite as much money into that I can feel comfortable beating the shit out of.

I'm just not sure the crew I used to crawl with is still going out. Would need to log into RCC to check the threads and see.

Typical R/C stuff...you're balls deep in it for like a year and then you realize how much money you've spent on shit you've broken and you vow to stay away from it. Then about 3-8 months later you regret it and get back into it...then a year later, the cycle repeats.

Fink
Old 12-10-2013, 02:50 PM   #10211
ride BMX!

Quote:
Twin Hammers is calling my name, but so is the Wraith. Truthfully, I never really ran my old Wraith with all the Vanquish shwag on it. I'd love to have one that I don't invest quite as much money into that I can feel comfortable beating the shit out of.

I'm just not sure the crew I used to crawl with is still going out. Would need to log into RCC to check the threads and see.

Typical R/C stuff...you're balls deep in it for like a year and then you realize how much money you've spent on shit you've broken and you vow to stay away from it. Then about 3-8 months later you regret it and get back into it...then a year later, the cycle repeats.

Fink

Yeah that's the truth. I spent way to much over the past 2yrs but I didn't sell off anything I truly wanted so when I get the urge I can still run whatever.

The twin hammers is a awesome rig. But a brushless system is a must. I don't own a wraith so I can't compare them, but the twin hammers to my ridgecrest is night and day. Wraith is a great crawler, TH is a speed crawler that uses its speed and power to crawl which it does well.
Old 12-10-2013, 03:05 PM   #10212
Motorboatin' SOB

Fink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah that's the truth. I spent way to much over the past 2yrs but I didn't sell off anything I truly wanted so when I get the urge I can still run whatever.

The twin hammers is a awesome rig. But a brushless system is a must. I don't own a wraith so I can't compare them, but the twin hammers to my ridgecrest is night and day. Wraith is a great crawler, TH is a speed crawler that uses its speed and power to crawl which it does well.
I typically sell my stuff to fund new projects. Keeps the overall cost low and teaches me more about all the various rigs and platforms. For me, learning new technology is part of the fun. It's when I catch stuff on fire or break stuff, while learning that new technology, that I get myself in trouble.

Thanks for the rundown on the Twin Hammers. Personally, I really enjoy the technical, slow crawling and trail runs. Much more fun than just hammering down and going for it. I think my SCX10 and Wraith combo was nearly perfect - take both out for a good mix of both driving styles.

The SCX10 was my hands down favorite R/C truck I've owned and I've had a ton of them. Not sure what it is...just love those things. I hope they come out with a redesigned version sometime soon. That would instantly make me get back into it.

Fink
Old 12-10-2013, 03:16 PM   #10213
ride BMX!

Quote:
4x4 almost totally stock but the gearing is way out of whack he thinks it is a 12t traxxas brushless motor he replaced it thinking it was a crawling geared motor when actually its retarded fast now lol

I'd guess somewhere in the ballpark of $250-300
Old 12-10-2013, 03:25 PM   #10214
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
you're balls deep in it for like a year and then you realize how much money you've spent on shit you've broken and you vow to stay away from it. Then about 3-8 months later you regret it and get back into it...then a year later, the cycle repeats.
you just summed up my life in 3 sentences.....
Old 12-11-2013, 07:56 AM   #10215
Motorboatin' SOB

Fink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by colinb17 View Post
you just summed up my life in 3 sentences.....

Seriously one of the best posts on this entire forum. Sig worthy...

Fink
Old 12-12-2013, 06:51 AM   #10216
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:

Seriously one of the best posts on this entire forum. Sig worthy...

Fink
Old 12-12-2013, 09:40 AM   #10217
kbauman92 is on a distinguished road

Name: Kyle
kbauman92's Tacoma Gallery
First body ive ever made for my ridgecrest, i think it turned out good

Old 12-12-2013, 10:12 AM   #10218

cool little rock area you have right by the house. i'd love to be able to crawl every day, sitting on the porch, with a beer by my side
Old 12-12-2013, 10:19 AM   #10219
Motorboatin' SOB

Fink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbauman92 View Post
First body ive ever made for my ridgecrest, i think it turned out good

That looks awesome. Amazing how much better it looks without the weirdly shaped stock body.

How are you liking it for crawling and such so far?

Quote:
Originally Posted by colinb17 View Post
cool little rock area you have right by the house. i'd love to be able to crawl every day, sitting on the porch, with a beer by my side

Fink
Old 12-12-2013, 10:44 AM   #10220

just got an email from RC4WD. always thought the scale winches were cool. this one really got me when i saw that you can get the same wireless controller as a real warn uses

Email:

New Exciting Licensed Product Release from RC4WD

1/10 Warn Winch and Controllers

RC4WD is now teamed up with Warn Industries to bring you a top of the line scale detailed 1/10 Warn Winch, Wired Controller, and Wireless Controller.

The truly first licensed winch to hit the RC market. Licensed from Warn Industries. This new scale winch and wireless controller has unmatched detail. Your scale build will never be the same once get pulling with this winch.

Winch Specifications:

• Cast Aluminum Case
  • Stamped Steel Components
  • Working Spring Loaded Warn Hook
  • Synthetic Winch Rope
  • Highly Detailed
  • Full Warn Decals Installed
  • Voltage: 6v to 11.1v
  • Can operate on 3 Cell Lipo
  • Easily Rebuildable
  • 30 Day Warranty
  • Length: 2.9in / 73.68mm