Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

Anyone into R/C?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-07-2009, 12:18 AM   #1
Desert Riding Ninja
A.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Graphics Artist
A.D.'s Tacoma Gallery
Anyone into R/C?

Just wondering if anyone else is into R/C cars? I love them, and have been playing with them since i was real young, i even joined a league at one time and raced them, LOL. I have had a bunch of different cars, stadium trucks, monster trucks, buggies, even and onroad car. I really like 1/8 scale buggies though, and i'll have to get some shots of mine, but just wanted to see if anyone else was into them?
Old 02-07-2009, 12:51 AM   #2
SoCal Tacomas
HBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oscar
HBtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to HBtacoma
i use to be when i lived out in AZ, i recently took out my traxxas and took it to the local hobby shop n spent like 150 on parts n when i came back i installed evrything n still didnt work! lol i was pissed and havent messed with it since....thinking about working on it soon.

u use electric or gas?
Old 02-07-2009, 12:56 AM   #3
Desert Riding Ninja
A.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Graphics Artist
A.D.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quick pic i found of my buggy. Its kinda tattered right now, but needs some cleaning and a new body, this one has had it, LOL.

Old 02-07-2009, 01:07 AM   #4
SoCal Tacomas
HBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oscar
HBtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to HBtacoma
nice! my cousin has one like that...

heres mine...i been looking for a tacoma body but cant find one

Old 02-07-2009, 03:53 PM   #5
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
I am. But the sad thing is that i kept on buying them to early and i ended up with Stadium Trucks(no fun to me) but i hve had:

Traxxas Rustler (electric)
Traxxas Jato
HPI RS4 on-road
HPI MT2 G3.0 (current and being sold) (look in my gallery)

My next one is the new Traxxas Summit. Awesome Truck and plan to put some Novak Li-Po Motors in it
Old 02-07-2009, 03:55 PM   #6
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBtacoma View Post
nice! my cousin has one like that...

heres mine...i been looking for a tacoma body but cant find one

That is a dirty airfilter.... T-Maxx=nice. what motor? looks like the 2.5 with the aftermarket enigne head
Old 02-07-2009, 03:57 PM   #7
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I have an RC18B that I screw around with every once in a while. All 4 tires are bald now, and need to find replacements.
Old 02-07-2009, 04:11 PM   #8
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Associated Buggy Chris?

Hey go to this website: http://www.rcplanet.com

They have replacement and aftermarket parts cheap
Old 02-07-2009, 04:11 PM   #9
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery

Im not "into it" but I bought this thing about 10 years ago and break it out for fun now and then. Definately not a serious one like your gassers but it'll do around 25-30MPH with the electric motors in it
Old 02-07-2009, 04:14 PM   #10
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
thats fast for a kind like that
Old 02-07-2009, 04:23 PM   #11
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentsnh View Post
thats fast for a kind like that
Yeah it's a Nitto special-but I paid good money for it then-like 130 bucks. It has pretty good motors on each axle-it rips pretty good on full charge.
Old 02-07-2009, 04:23 PM   #12
Dirty White Boy
Marc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marc
Marc M's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Marc M
When I was younger I had a Tamiya Boomerang. I actually still have it. My brother and I had the same cars and a couple of kids from the hood had cars as well.

We used to race at indoor tracks every Sunday on astroturf. My brother and I always left with 1st and 2nd place trophies.

I now have 3 of those 1/6 scale Nylint Rockcrawlers.

Marc M
Old 02-07-2009, 04:26 PM   #13
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Here's my T-Maxx. Haven't used it in a while. Not enough fires lately! Oh and this Engine can put out cigarette butts like no other! Anything bigger is a no no for this little guy!
Old 02-07-2009, 04:29 PM   #14
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgerunner View Post
Yeah it's a Nitto special-but I paid good money for it then-like 130 bucks. It has pretty good motors on each axle-it rips pretty good on full charge.
it has motors on each AXLE!!!!

i didnt know they did that
Old 02-07-2009, 04:30 PM   #15
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WW_FIREFIGHTER View Post
Here's my T-Maxx. Haven't used it in a while. Not enough fires lately! Oh and this Engine can put out cigarette butts like no other! Anything bigger is a no no for this little guy!
The shell is perfect... did you paint it?
Old 02-07-2009, 04:32 PM   #17
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentsnh View Post
The shell is perfect... did you paint it?
Yeah, it came clear like all the others. But I fugged up on cutting it out. The wheel wells are all nasty looking!
Old 02-07-2009, 04:36 PM   #18
Lieutenant Dan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmarva View Post
I fly R/C planes and helos if that counts...
HAha!! I have those little helo choppers too!!! But my friggin dogs bit the sh-- out of them so they fly all akward!
Old 02-07-2009, 04:36 PM   #19
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
as long as it looks good from the outside is all that matters... I cant really see that the wheel wells are that bad
Old 02-07-2009, 04:37 PM   #20
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmarva View Post
I fly R/C planes and helos if that counts...
Of course it does Delmarva!!

Products Discussed in this Thread