Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

Paintball anything!

Old 02-27-2013, 09:20 PM   #1
Nothin' Special
especk is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Erik
especk's Tacoma Gallery
Paintball anything!

Let's make a straight up paintball thread. Excuse me that I start with a question.

So it's been about 6 years since I played hardcore speedball. I owned a $2,000 Dark Angle with all the goodies but sold it when I stopped playing years back.

Now my old paintballin buddy moved up near me and wants me to get back into it. He does all the competitions and everything.

So I'm looking for a decent gun but nothing too expensive. I think paying about $400 will get me a good gun for now (plus the other accessories will cost just as much).

So what's a good gun out there? I've been looking at the Invert Mini $325, Proto Rail $249, and GOG envy $199 (much cheaper). Any pros or cons on these or other recommendations? I want a reliable gun that doesn't chop.

And feel free to post what you got

Here are the 3, respectively, I am looking at:
Attached Thumbnails
Paintball anything!-invertminidustolive-2.jpg   Paintball anything!-protorail2011olive-2.jpg   Paintball anything!-gogpaintballgunenvy-2.jpg  
Old 02-27-2013, 09:32 PM   #2
Large "member"
NC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
NC15TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Used to play too. Never got super into it. I have an ICON E (semi, 3 or 6 burst, full auto) plus mask, pods, hopper, 20oz and 16oz tanks, repair parts extra barrel that I'm trying to sell cause I have no use for it anymore
Old 02-27-2013, 09:36 PM   #3
jimmybee1108 will become famous soon enough
Name: JM
jimmybee1108's Tacoma Gallery
I've got a eclipse etha, pretty silent in my opinion and a good all around gun. About $400 depending on where ya go. Not too many upgrades. My buddy has got an all out axe, and that thing pounds. The trigger is sensative AF, our refs constantly ask him to take it off auto, but it's not.
Old 02-27-2013, 09:38 PM   #4
And a chick friend of mine has got a rail, heard nothing but bad things about it.
Old 03-22-2013, 10:04 AM   #6
crazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: patrick
crazyengineer's Tacoma Gallery
I current run a pair of tippman 98s, I'm about th trade them in for the new till and crossover, anyone else tried one yet?

I rented a demo for a day in November, and I was really impressed...then again, I did move from a 98
Old 03-22-2013, 03:08 PM   #7
Indffrnce will be the fall of manknd but who cares
Drunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Retribution
Drunknsloth's Tacoma Gallery
I use a Smart Parts Epiphany with a Freak Barrel. I try to conserve paint and go more for accuracy and sneaking up on people so I never really got a high end hopper. Just a cheap gravity feed with a spinner inside. It's been a while since I have been paintballing. I wish I still had the time!
Old 04-02-2013, 02:42 PM   #8
clc clc is on a distinguished road
Name: Paul
clc clc's Tacoma Gallery
I have several guns but I played almost exclusively stock class last year. This coming season ill probably stick with my pumps.
Old 04-28-2013, 07:39 PM   #9
98cbtacoma is on a distinguished road

Name: Austin
98cbtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Looking to sell off all my paintball gear, been sitting for a couple years and i just dont play anymore, and i need to help fund my college. I worked at a paintball park in san antonio and bought several things there and what i bought i didnt use much so just about everything ive got is pretty new and lightly used.
Ballpark figure of what ive got and wanting to sell it for, anyone local wanna buy PM me, shipping is a last resort.
-2009 dust red invert mini- $250
-2010 Empire LTD plaid paints-80-90
-2010 Empire LTD jersey-40-50
-Nijna air tank-100-125
-eclipse gear bag-100-125
-eclipse arm/elbow pads ( two are brand new) 20 bucks per set
-red jt proflex mask-30-40
-redz pod belt-30
-tippman 98 custom with 16 inch barrel and swivell buttstock
-halo hopper
Old 04-28-2013, 07:46 PM   #10
CIAGDDS is a jewel in the roughCIAGDDS is a jewel in the roughCIAGDDS is a jewel in the roughCIAGDDS is a jewel in the rough
CIAGDDS's Tacoma Gallery
I have an Invert Mini. It's a badass gun for the price.
Old 04-28-2013, 09:14 PM   #11
98cbtacoma, pm me. I live in sa an might be interested if I can check some of that stuff out
Old 04-29-2013, 05:47 AM   #12
shutterbug is one of the sharper tools in the shedshutterbug is one of the sharper tools in the shedshutterbug is one of the sharper tools in the shedshutterbug is one of the sharper tools in the shedshutterbug is one of the sharper tools in the shedshutterbug is one of the sharper tools in the shedshutterbug is one of the sharper tools in the shedshutterbug is one of the sharper tools in the shedshutterbug is one of the sharper tools in the shedshutterbug is one of the sharper tools in the shedshutterbug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cameron
shutterbug's Tacoma Gallery
Don't mean to thread jack, but here's my setup for sale if anyone is interested.

2 tippmann A5's that I sunk a lot of money into.
Old 04-29-2013, 06:10 AM   #13
Monkey Sweat
Bubbarr is on a distinguished road

Marines: Sgt
Name: Duane
Bubbarr's Tacoma Gallery
I have a Smart Parts Shocker and an Autococker.
Old 04-30-2013, 10:50 AM   #14
Vaginas are rad.
Boone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Boone's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone have opinions on the Spyder Fenix Electronic? Looking for a entry level electronic and the reviews seem to be pretty decent.
Old 05-26-2013, 05:08 AM   #15
I like turtlessss
cflks411 is on a distinguished road

Army: 1st Cav
Name: Kris
cflks411's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boone Taco View Post
Anyone have opinions on the Spyder Fenix Electronic? Looking for a entry level electronic and the reviews seem to be pretty decent.
Bringing the paintball back into TW lol How much are you looking to spend on a gun? You can find a lot for decent prices. I have a Dangerous Power G4 im selling for 180. The spyder is a good gun if you don't plan on playing a lot. Typically what parents buy their kids for their first game when theyre 12. You give me a price on what youre trying to spend for what Ill help out. Been playing 13 years lol I need a new hobby
Old 07-13-2013, 01:22 PM   #16
kevine is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevine is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevine is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevine is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevine is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevine is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevine is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevine is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevine is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevine is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevine is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sgt., Stinger missile gunner, 86-94
kevine's Tacoma Gallery
I've been playing since the mid-80's. Got out of it in the 90s and back into it around 2000/2001, started doing NPPL tourneys with my buddies/team (Chubby Chasers out of So Cal). Did alright in the small stuff, could hold our own as we've all been ballin' for 10+ years each.

Now that I've hit a certain age, I'm also getting out of it. Have loaders, an Autococker STO with pump kit (like new), an Infinity Legend, pads, pants, etc. Just too hard to recoup after a day and my knees/back just can't take it. Sad...

Anyways, as for getting an electronic, I'd advise finding a high end one that someone is selling used on CL. Ego's are nice, not sure what else is out there nowadays. To the first post on this thread, my first electronic was a 2002/2003 Dark Angel IR3, then traded up for an Angel Fly. Those were some badass guns that Glenn and Jingle at Warped hooked me up with, including trigger jobs. Miss those days...
Old 08-24-2013, 04:05 PM   #17
I like turtlessss
cflks411 is on a distinguished road

Army: 1st Cav
Name: Kris
cflks411's Tacoma Gallery
There is a lot out there now. Im currently shooting a Macdev Clone GT. A lot of new companies have popped up and a lot have disappeared. Smart Parts is gone now, its patents were bought by GoG and empire bought some small ones like the Freak barrel they redid in their own name.
Old 08-24-2013, 05:45 PM   #18
bluedust is on a distinguished road
Name: Patrick
bluedust's Tacoma Gallery
Smile

I like to paintball at the boy, as he flies down the hill into the woods on his 250 2 stroke.

He thinks I can't shoot, cause they always fly right past his head.

But, that pretty good shooting to place them so close and not hit him.
Old 08-24-2013, 10:27 PM   #19
Nothin' Special
especk is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Erik
especk's Tacoma Gallery
I've been playin with a Invert Mini with 4500/68 ci tank and Invert Prophecy loader all summer. I freakin love that thing. Got a 14" Stiffi Metal Free carbon barrel. Performs just as well as much more expensive guns and I love the looks and feel of it.
Old 08-24-2013, 10:33 PM   #20
Toyota Technician
That Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud of

That Dude Tim's Tacoma Gallery
I use a planet Eclipse Etek 3 with the stainless Freak barrel backs with a Stiffi carbon front tip for 16in and 14in lengths. Dye rotor with extended cap and Gorilla carbon fiber tank. Also added the POPS system to it. Shoots really good.