Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

>>>UFC 158: GSP VS. DIAZ<<<ANYONE WATCHING?

Old 03-15-2013, 07:00 AM   #21
GP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

GP3's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by THExBUSxDRIVER View Post
I swear the Diaz brothers are a bit retarded or play it well.
It's funny to me the standards that fans hold the fighters up to.

They beat each other up for god's sake... They don't need to be geniuses.

Fight skills are the only requirements for a job in MMA. The Diaz brothers are more than qualified for the position.
Old 03-15-2013, 08:27 AM   #22
Reads more than posts
sofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
sofiasdad11's Tacoma Gallery
Anticipation................

Even the weigh-in this afternoon should be good. It's easy to dislike Diaz, and easy to pick GSP, as i do, but Diaz does have some advantages----slightly taller w/ longer reach, throws more punches, and has perhaps even better cardio than GSP throw in an iron chin and the fact that he is after all a blackbelt under the Gracie brand..............and i at least give him a shot. the attached vid is great, from when they were to fight the FIRST time, lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-EopA7AwSk
Old 03-15-2013, 08:40 AM   #23
SCTacomaCA is on a distinguished road
SCTacomaCA's Tacoma Gallery
GSP by boring lay and pray decision. It's going to be a good card overall though. Hendricks vs. Condit will probably steal the show
Old 03-15-2013, 06:53 PM   #25
I feel so Devo
tinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tinker_troy's Tacoma Gallery
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mfz3_MrrxkU
Old 03-15-2013, 06:57 PM   #26
Young Padawan
Jonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EMS: Was EMT Cert. for 2 years in CO.
Name: Spencer
Jonesn13's Tacoma Gallery
The guy sat my gym have been talking about this all day.

Most favor GSP, with the general concern about his recent injuries. Most of my pro fighters have been injured, they say it never really "fully heals".

A few like Diaz, however the general opinion is that
we all HATE the Diaz brothers and are tired of their loud mouthed bullshit.

It will certainly be a good match. Hopefully a long, bloody, technical fight.
Old 03-15-2013, 07:02 PM   #27
Young Padawan
Jonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EMS: Was EMT Cert. for 2 years in CO.
Name: Spencer
Jonesn13's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GP3 View Post
It's funny to me the standards that fans hold the fighters up to.

They beat each other up for god's sake... They don't need to be geniuses.

Fight skills are the only requirements for a job in MMA. The Diaz brothers are more than qualified for the position.
I would have to disagree with this. There is a lot more to the current MMA scene than meets the eye.

There are a LOT of Scary smart guys in the field now. They all have a coached strategy both in and out of the ring. Yes, over time they have short term memory problems, but there is more to it than being able to punch/kick really hard.
Old 03-15-2013, 07:14 PM   #28
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
This thread is retarted.

Just watched he weigh in. I foresee them not touching gloves haha. It'll be interesting, but I bet gsp risks a bit more to get a ko which has got me excited. Always thought he held back to get decisions. I think he'll try and finish this one.
Old 03-15-2013, 07:17 PM   #29
Foward momentum
tx novice is on a distinguished road

Name: Ron
tx novice's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintdiddy View Post
the big fucking dummy can't put a full sentence together. My brain hurts Trying to listen to this retart.
Nick was smooth in the press conference by getting under GSP's skin, than calling him out on his ground and pound. Saying that true MMA fighters (himself) dont G&P, they stand -up and bang. I hope GSP sticks to his game plan and fights his fight. GSP for the win.
Old 03-15-2013, 08:08 PM   #30
Just a man and his truck
FLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant future

Navy: GSM
Name: JJ
FLtaco24's Tacoma Gallery
I would love to see GSP knockout diaz, would be funny to see diaz talk sh*t after be knocked out cold
Old 03-16-2013, 08:57 PM   #31
I feel so Devo
tinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

damn
the hendrix/condit fight was great!
Old 03-16-2013, 09:58 PM   #32
Banff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
Banff2007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinker_troy View Post
damn
the hendrix/condit fight was great!
I agree that was one of the better fights of the night.

I thought Condit did enough to win though. I know Hendrix took him down a lot but did nothing once he got him there. Condit I thought did more damage in the second and third rounds.

I thought GSP looked a little tired in the 4th and 5th round as well. However this is just his second fight back from his injury. GSP's next fight against Hendrix scares me a bit with his power.
Old 03-16-2013, 10:09 PM   #34
I feel so Devo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banff2007Tacoma View Post
I agree that was one of the better fights of the night.

I thought Condit did enough to win though. I know Hendrix took him down a lot but did nothing once he got him there. Condit I thought did more damage in the second and third rounds.

I thought GSP looked a little tired in the 4th and 5th round as well. However this is just his second fight back from his injury. GSP's next fight against Hendrix scares me a bit with his power.
this is the first time I've watched Hendrix and yeah that guy is a powerhouse. Also glad I didn't have to be one of the judges of tonights fight on that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx novice View Post
Mahhah! GSP made Nick retire
I doubt it but we'll see
Old 03-16-2013, 10:10 PM   #35
Banff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
Banff2007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinker_troy View Post
this is the first time I've watched Hendrix and yeah that guy is a powerhouse. Also glad I didn't have to be one of the judges of tonights fight on that one.

Yeah I have to see that fight again. It was a tough one to judge. I guess it could of gone either way depending on how you judge it.
Old 03-16-2013, 10:29 PM   #36
I feel so Devo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banff2007Tacoma View Post
Yeah I have to see that fight again. It was a tough one to judge. I guess it could of gone either way depending on how you judge it.
of course if I wasn't watching a sh*tty stream on the computer maybe it would have been a little more clear
Old 03-16-2013, 10:46 PM   #37
I'll be your huckleberry!
Millertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Iraq vet
Name: David
Millertime187's Tacoma Gallery
Damn I was so on Diaz side!!!! He just give up now it sounds. GSP give him a hell if a fight. Not what I wanted to see!!
Old 03-25-2013, 01:55 PM   #38
kingrob1990 is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
kingrob1990's Tacoma Gallery
gsp completely dominated this fight in every way shape and form