Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

greek soccer player throws a HH salute

View Poll Results: What do you think of the punishment?
Keep it. 14 24.56%
Doesn't need to be lifetime ban. 12 21.05%
Why do people care? 9 15.79%
I don't care. 13 22.81%
Where in the world is Carmen Sandiego? 9 15.79%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-18-2013, 11:14 AM   #21
Victory is reserved...
THExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: GOO5E
THExBUSxDRIVER's Tacoma Gallery
Doesn't count. He never brought his forearm across his chest first. All is forgiven, move along.

Life tip #24: life is just as bad as the internets. Get over the butthurt and continue on.
Old 03-18-2013, 11:17 AM   #22
JustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
JustinL's Tacoma Gallery
This dude is 20 years old and clearly makes good decisions like getting "get rich or die tryin' " tattooed below his waist. That said, we shouldn't spend anymore time on this subject.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/soccer...4969--sow.html
Old 03-18-2013, 11:24 AM   #24
Defend Hawaii
HIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: PJ
HIst8ofMIND's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Did this incident occur while the player was playing for Greece or his club team ?
It appears he was playing for his club and his action got him banned from the national team.

Now lets stir the pot a bit. If he was a really really really good player that can help Greece win a World Cup. Would his punishment be as severe as it is now.
Old 03-18-2013, 11:57 AM   #25
SnwTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnwTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnwTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnwTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnwTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnwTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnwTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnwTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnwTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnwTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnwTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bry
SnwTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIst8ofMIND View Post
It appears he was playing for his club and his action got him banned from the national team.

Now lets stir the pot a bit. If he was a really really really good player that can help Greece win a World Cup. Would his punishment be as severe as it is now.
Oh I bet you it wouldn't be as harsh.
Old 03-18-2013, 12:03 PM   #26
SnwTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnwTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnwTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnwTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnwTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnwTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnwTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnwTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnwTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnwTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnwTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SnwTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmed109 View Post
I didn't know that role models are exempt from free speech. Well how often do you watch Greek soccer? And are you sure it was a racial gesture? Is the swastika a racial symbol? Not until the SS demonized it. We should remember that our culture here in the "western" world is very young. The traditions and symbology of other ancient cultures like Greece are different but yet easy to exploit and demonize like the way Hitler did with traditional symbols. Just because the western media portrayed him and this as a racial gesture doesn't give me the knowledge or the right to judge and agree with punishment given. This post is like the media, stirring up crap just to give a rise and to open discussion about how controlling people want to be over others. This happened on the other side of the world and not in my back yard so I could give two shits.
Plus, who are we to judge? It's only obnoxious when you witness it and don't agree with the message. Opinions very...
I have to say I like your point of view, you make a lot of good points. I created the post just to see what people generally thought about it. Everyone's entitled to their opinions... Mine is that kid is a f**ktard. Others is they don't care.
Old 03-18-2013, 02:35 PM   #27
Specalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Specalt's Tacoma Gallery
I am so glad I live in a country that I don't need to worry about this crap.

I think it is time we take back symbols and salutes back. Almost like the black word I cant say that black people are reclaiming.

a symbol only has power if we give it power ( I think I heard that in Harry Potter)

This is the same man the world feared giving the same salute. I don't think he gives a crap any more.

Old 03-18-2013, 02:44 PM   #28
'Stralia! Riding Roo's and wrangling koalas
Redfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Conner
Redfox1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinL View Post
This dude is 20 years old and clearly makes good decisions like getting "get rich or die tryin' " tattooed below his waist. That said, we shouldn't spend anymore time on this subject.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/soccer...4969--sow.html
Thats what I was thinking... Unfortunately there are quite a few completely retarded people who can still be good at sports
Old 03-18-2013, 02:48 PM   #29
Fisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Fisher's Tacoma Gallery
Its a simple hand gesture. It only has power to upset because people let it. It is nothing more.

Don't like it, don't watch.
Old 03-18-2013, 02:59 PM   #30
Bush Pusher
Hairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Hairy Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgs2k2 View Post
hmm... the kid honestly looks dumb enough to not know about its meaning.
this. It is ridiculous to punish him. He has already learned a lesson he will never forget, and taught a lot of others something in the process.
Old 03-18-2013, 03:55 PM   #32

SnwTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by V5ioV View Post
funny that they blowing this up….. there is alot of racism in European soccer….
not that I agree with but i can understand a fine and/or a suspension but not a permanent ban

Honestly, I think the permanent ban comes from the fact that Greece doesn't want someone who would do that representing their country
Old 03-18-2013, 08:47 PM   #33
Get to tha Choppa!
Jmed109 is on a distinguished road

Army: Medic, OIF/OEF Veteran, EMT-I Grad
Name: Jeremy
Jmed109's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnwTaco View Post
I have to say I like your point of view, you make a lot of good points. I created the post just to see what people generally thought about it. Everyone's entitled to their opinions... Mine is that kid is a f**ktard. Others is they don't care.
WORD
Old 03-18-2013, 09:03 PM   #34
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
if you're going to represent a sport or team in a broadcast in front of the rest of the world.... flashing a HH salute isnt the best thing to do.

then to protect their image in the public eye, he was permanently banned. Don't see what there is to misunderstand.

If a NFL player's touchdown celebration was to pretend to lynch someone, he'd probably get the same thing.
Old 03-18-2013, 09:16 PM   #35
Recklessly tired
Fightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luke
Fightnfire's Tacoma Gallery
Freedom of speech is all fine and dandy but it doesn't play here. This is nothing more than an employee getting fired for for a racial slur or getting an offensive tattoo on their face. The employer, the soccer club, has every right to fire the employee.
Old 03-19-2013, 08:05 AM   #36
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
if you're going to represent a sport or team in a broadcast in front of the rest of the world.... flashing a HH salute isnt the best thing to do.

then to protect their image in the public eye, he was permanently banned. Don't see what there is to misunderstand.

If a NFL player's touchdown celebration was to pretend to lynch someone, he'd probably get the same thing.
Not a lynch imitation, but I don't recall any one from the NFL getting permanently banned from the countless "throat slicing" gestures.
Old 03-19-2013, 08:51 AM   #37
Recklessly tired
Fightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by t4daddy View Post
Not a lynch imitation, but I don't recall any one from the NFL getting permanently banned from the countless "throat slicing" gestures.
So you think a throat slicing gesture is the same as a HH salute?
Old 03-19-2013, 09:29 AM   #38
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightnfire View Post
So you think a throat slicing gesture is the same as a HH salute?
I think the Nazi salute is the same as the Roman salute
Old 03-19-2013, 09:40 AM   #39
Recklessly tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
I think the Nazi salute is the same as the Roman salute
I think your right, pretty close at least. Are people still using the Roman in places?
Old 03-19-2013, 10:31 AM   #40
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightnfire View Post
I think your right, pretty close at least. Are people still using the Roman in places?
I'm honestly more disgusted by Micheal Vick , dog killer , than this clown

That is about all I've gotta say about that