Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

damn!! i want a pilot's license!!

Old 03-25-2013, 08:31 PM   #1
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
damn!! i want a pilot's license!!

i flew a plane yesterday!! my wife got me a Christmas present that was a day of flying lessons. i played on a simulator, and then climbed into the seat of a plane with a pilot next to me. he let me taxi down the friggen runway!!

i lined up on the runway and he said the scariest words i have ever heard. "you take it up cliff"...wtf?..i took it up to sixty and pulled back on the stick. the plane took off..i took off!! my wife in the back almost feinted. hahaha.

i flew over Oakland, over the bay bridge..and hooked over the golden gate bridge. he said i was kicking butt..he gave me input, but rarely touched his stick. he left me alone and told me were to go..and which heading. i have never sweated so much when he said.."let's see how you land!" WTF!!!????

i flew it over an intersection and landed the plane. he let me line it up and touch all the wheels down. he did help me a tad, but not much. i taxied it to the parking spot. right next to some guy windexing his high end plane..glad i didnt cusinart his plan with my prop.

i may be hooked fellas.
Old 03-25-2013, 08:33 PM   #2
got 5VZFE?
taco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Austen
taco terror's Tacoma Gallery
Wow, that's an awesome present. I want to fly now!
Old 03-25-2013, 08:36 PM   #3
Kick A$$ Member
LoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter
LoadedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome! Look like your old lady know you pretty well.
Old 03-25-2013, 08:43 PM   #4
S)(AKALO)(AWAII
RMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Reid
RMAN808's Tacoma Gallery
That's my plan also when I get back home after graduating next month. Got to fly a my cousins Cessna(?) over winter break. Flew between Moloka'i, Lana'i, and Oahu

It was fricken awesome!

Old 03-25-2013, 08:47 PM   #5
"... Intercepting The Localizer"
File IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
File IFR's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats! My first flight like yours was in '87

Maybe a new pilot is in our future here????
Old 03-25-2013, 08:49 PM   #6
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
My uncle took me up a few years ago in his Cessna, one of the best experiences of my life taking control.
Old 03-25-2013, 08:53 PM   #7
Tail Striker
flyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cam
flyboy.co2's Tacoma Gallery
Do it! (Get your license) Worked my butt off back in high school and got my pilots license! Best thing I've ever done! Still working through my ratings, only a few more lessons and I'll have my commercial rating, then I'm off to Florida to get the rest so I can be a flight instructor and give tour rides where I live. It's all I've wanted to do for as long as I can remember.

It's too much fun. Hooked is by far the best way to describe it. You either have it or you don't.
Old 03-25-2013, 08:54 PM   #8
S)(AKALO)(AWAII
RMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Reid
RMAN808's Tacoma Gallery
Seems like the right thread for this --->>

Old 03-25-2013, 08:58 PM   #10
ASUAviator is one of the sharper tools in the shedASUAviator is one of the sharper tools in the shedASUAviator is one of the sharper tools in the shedASUAviator is one of the sharper tools in the shedASUAviator is one of the sharper tools in the shedASUAviator is one of the sharper tools in the shedASUAviator is one of the sharper tools in the shedASUAviator is one of the sharper tools in the shedASUAviator is one of the sharper tools in the shedASUAviator is one of the sharper tools in the shedASUAviator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ASUAviator's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats on the flight! I remember my first! My first solo was the most memorable. It is alot of fun but so damn expensive. Its alot easier if you know a guy that got a plane lol
Old 03-25-2013, 09:00 PM   #11
169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

169.254.255.201's Tacoma Gallery
Don't forget to give us TW members some sweet airfare discounts..
Old 03-25-2013, 09:04 PM   #13
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
sounds like a fun day op you lucky Bas****

I would love to fly a plain, or a helicopter. lol i have only been in plain one tim that was when i was prob 7 or something idk how i was.
Old 03-25-2013, 09:04 PM   #14
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
sounds like a fun day op you lucky Bas****

I would love to fly a plain, or a helicopter. lol i have only been in plain one tim that was when i was prob 7 or something idk how i was.
Old 03-25-2013, 09:06 PM   #15
llibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
llibrm's Tacoma Gallery
My first solo was the most memorable but the most terrifying was when I took my wife for the first time.

She loved it. She'd rather fly with me than ride on the back of the bike.

I dunno, whatever. She likes to fly. Makes much easier to do.

Go and fly, you won't regret it! The worst day flying is still a day flying.
Old 03-26-2013, 12:02 PM   #16
Hardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
Hardscrabble's Tacoma Gallery
Wow, very nice present from your wife.

You can make a good living flying, or just have a very good hobby.