Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

flatland freestyle bmx

Old 04-17-2013, 08:33 PM   #1
Fiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Crew Chief
Name: Chad
Fiend13's Tacoma Gallery
flatland freestyle bmx

Looking to get back into flatland freestyle biking again but its been about 10 years now and having trouble finding a bike. Question for those who are current or know more than I do about bikes, is this a good one just to mess around with in the street and just have fun doing tricks like flatland tailwhips and what not?

http://www.albes.com/eastern-shock-2...land-bike.aspx
Old 04-18-2013, 05:27 AM   #2
Fiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Fiend13's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone?
Old 04-18-2013, 08:52 PM   #3
Master Jedi Member I am...
chad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to behold

chad68's Tacoma Gallery
About 30 years ago if I recall, GT's were the shit for Freestyle. Nowadays I have no idea. Going back a few years beyond 30, a PK Ripper was the Holy grail of BMX bikes anyway, Redline bikes too.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:04 PM   #4

Fiend13's Tacoma Gallery
Right on. Well either I'm typing in the wrong thing in search bars or they're just not popular but I'm having a hell of a time trying to find a flatland bmx bike, everything that pulls up is for racing with a back brake only. The bike I listed in my OP is sold out everywhere I look for it online.
Old 05-01-2013, 05:11 PM   #5
VA6DCO
IgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
IgnorantlyAlberta's Tacoma Gallery
Fly Bikes was pretty good a few years back.
Old 05-01-2013, 06:27 PM   #6

Fiend13's Tacoma Gallery
I'm noticing that almost none of them come with front brakes anymore or handle bars that spin around without getting the cables tangled up
Old 05-01-2013, 10:56 PM   #7
Master Jedi Member I am...
chad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to behold

chad68's Tacoma Gallery
I just checked out Haro bikes site. I was curious if they were still around and they are. I remember them doing BMX and maybe freestyle bikes back in the 1980's. They have the types of bike you're looking for. They have the pegs, front and rear and that 'rotor style' neck so the front brake cable doesn't wrap around when you're doing bar spins etc. And yes they come with front brakes too. Of course it doesnt answer your question about that brand you were asking about but at least there are some examples still being made.
Old 05-01-2013, 11:00 PM   #8
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Matt the "condor" hoffman has some doesnt he?
Old 05-02-2013, 03:38 AM   #9

Fiend13's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad68 View Post
I just checked out Haro bikes site. I was curious if they were still around and they are. I remember them doing BMX and maybe freestyle bikes back in the 1980's. They have the types of bike you're looking for. They have the pegs, front and rear and that 'rotor style' neck so the front brake cable doesn't wrap around when you're doing bar spins etc. And yes they come with front brakes too. Of course it doesnt answer your question about that brand you were asking about but at least there are some examples still being made.
I've looked at a few Haro's but heard that for the money Eastern is a better built bike. Just based off of reviews and some quick searching.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus View Post
Matt the "condor" hoffman has some doesnt he?
He does, that's what I rode 12 years ago but I'm not looking to get back into hardcore, just something to keep me busy with on the weekends and have fun with so I don't want to spend $600+ on a bike. They are nice bikes though!
Old 05-13-2013, 05:56 AM   #10
MGMTaco2012 will become famous soon enough
MGMTaco2012's Tacoma Gallery
http://fortmyers.craigslist.org/col/bik/3796882268.html

Here's one for sale down in FL.
Old 05-13-2013, 06:20 AM   #11
The Past Through Tomorrow
JohnnyWayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyWayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyWayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyWayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyWayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyWayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyWayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyWayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyWayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyWayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyWayne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Johnny
JohnnyWayne's Tacoma Gallery
I too got back into it OP, bought a Hoffman a couple years ago and it was relatively inexpensive, bought online for around or under $300

Used to ride a LOT back in highschool, can still do the tailwhips, grasshoppers and other stuff too - go for it man

Used to have a Haro Master too back in the day , this is the bike I have now:

Even made it into my highschool yearbook (but this is over 20 years ago ):
Old 05-13-2013, 07:20 AM   #15
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
I know I'm late to the party but are you looking more for a trials bike?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53Mqw4wZbnU

You can also get a lot of info here http://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php/13-BMX on my site.