Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

Fish Keepers Thread!!!

Old 09-03-2013, 10:37 PM   #21
blake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Blake
blake5995's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
Need suggestions, I am moving soon and have to drive 8 hours to my destination. What would be the best way to transport 1 betta fish, 5 Cory catfish, neon tetras, and 2 dwarf frogs? I would hate to have to sell these guys
Package them well in plastic bags, IDK how big the fish are, and fill the bag with oxygen from the local fish store or gas supply place. 8 hours isnt too bad as long as you dont stop for a couple hours for lunch in the heat.
Old 09-03-2013, 10:42 PM   #22
blake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
blake5995's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by T Fades View Post
Yea, pretty much. I am considered overstocked, lol.

You can maintain slightly overstocking by doing weekly waterchanges, and making sure not to overfeed.

livingreefs.com is a great forum
The inch per 10 gallons has always been a weird thought to me. if you have adequate filtration and a good protein skimmer you can support more fish.
Currently i have
Yellow tang
Purple tang
3 clowns
4 chromis
4 fire fish
cleaner goby
and that is a lot of fish for a 90 gallon tank. now i do have a big sump and frag tank in the same loop but that is almost inch per 5 and i have been fine with that many for the last 3 years. it all depends on the maintenance and how good your filtration system is. i spend about 4-8 hours a week on basic tank maintenance.
Old 09-08-2013, 12:36 AM   #24
Maximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: D
Maximus's Tacoma Gallery
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake5995 View Post
Package them well in plastic bags, IDK how big the fish are, and fill the bag with oxygen from the local fish store or gas supply place. 8 hours isnt too bad as long as you dont stop for a couple hours for lunch in the heat.
I put them in plastic bags from the pet store and didnt use any additional air oxygen to fill the bags. Then I placed them snugly in a styrofoam cooler filled with an inch of water. The entire ride was about 9 hours from time of bagging to arrival. So far all fish are looking good *figers crossed* only fatality was my aquarium which suffered a crack on the bottom from sitting in the bumpy trailer.
Old 09-08-2013, 02:45 AM   #26
tam is one of the sharper tools in the shedtam is one of the sharper tools in the shedtam is one of the sharper tools in the shedtam is one of the sharper tools in the shedtam is one of the sharper tools in the shedtam is one of the sharper tools in the shedtam is one of the sharper tools in the shedtam is one of the sharper tools in the shedtam is one of the sharper tools in the shedtam is one of the sharper tools in the shedtam is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: tam
tam's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
Need suggestions, I am moving soon and have to drive 8 hours to my destination. What would be the best way to transport 1 betta fish, 5 Cory catfish, neon tetras, and 2 dwarf frogs? I would hate to have to sell these guys
Take them to a fish store and have them bagged up with oxygen, or http://www.kordon.com/kordon/product...bags#suppliers! and transport them in a cooler to maintain temps. I think my buddy buys these bags on ebay.

Here's a moving thread you might find helpful, but it's a reef related one. http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/20572...moving-a-tank/
Old 10-04-2013, 07:30 AM   #27
ThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ThatGuy18's Tacoma Gallery
Bump. Let me see your saltwater fishies. I want some.
Old 11-01-2013, 09:19 AM   #28
Large Member
Werloc is a glorious beacon of lightWerloc is a glorious beacon of lightWerloc is a glorious beacon of lightWerloc is a glorious beacon of lightWerloc is a glorious beacon of lightWerloc is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Bob
Werloc's Tacoma Gallery
I have all wild fish that I caught while fishing. Smallmouth bass, sun fish, blue gills, and about 10 or so craw fish. I raise my own meal worms/beetles to feed them. Free big fish, and free food. I'll take a few pics and post later when I'm home.
Old 12-09-2013, 01:12 PM   #29
D.ont I.nsult C.razy K.illers
KevbekTacoma has much to be proud ofKevbekTacoma has much to be proud ofKevbekTacoma has much to be proud ofKevbekTacoma has much to be proud ofKevbekTacoma has much to be proud ofKevbekTacoma has much to be proud ofKevbekTacoma has much to be proud ofKevbekTacoma has much to be proud ofKevbekTacoma has much to be proud of

Name: Kev
KevbekTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Hey guys, im lagging balls on my suspension and am officially too impatient. For anyone interested, im selling my aquarium and all of my fish. Here is the CL add. Feel free to ask me questions if your interested. So sad

SOCAL
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv...236410322.html
Old 02-06-2014, 11:03 AM   #30
Can't re-MEMBER
ZEROPILOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedZEROPILOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedZEROPILOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedZEROPILOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedZEROPILOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedZEROPILOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedZEROPILOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedZEROPILOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedZEROPILOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedZEROPILOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedZEROPILOT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ED
ZEROPILOT's Tacoma Gallery
Crap! I just found this fish tank thread and it went belly up like a guppy from Walmart!!
Old 06-10-2014, 09:09 PM   #31
wardjj is on a distinguished road

Name: Joe
wardjj's Tacoma Gallery
Great tanks and fish!!! Wow!!
Old 08-13-2014, 09:48 AM   #32
D.ont I.nsult C.razy K.illers
KevbekTacoma has much to be proud ofKevbekTacoma has much to be proud ofKevbekTacoma has much to be proud ofKevbekTacoma has much to be proud ofKevbekTacoma has much to be proud ofKevbekTacoma has much to be proud ofKevbekTacoma has much to be proud ofKevbekTacoma has much to be proud ofKevbekTacoma has much to be proud of

Name: Kev
KevbekTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
bump for shits and giggles.