LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

MLB - No steroids, No Home Runs

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2013, 07:26 PM   #1
Banned
denali climber is one of the sharper tools in the sheddenali climber is one of the sharper tools in the sheddenali climber is one of the sharper tools in the sheddenali climber is one of the sharper tools in the sheddenali climber is one of the sharper tools in the sheddenali climber is one of the sharper tools in the sheddenali climber is one of the sharper tools in the sheddenali climber is one of the sharper tools in the sheddenali climber is one of the sharper tools in the sheddenali climber is one of the sharper tools in the sheddenali climber is one of the sharper tools in the shed
denali climber's Tacoma Gallery
MLB - No steroids, No Home Runs

In the last 4 years, since MLB has enacted new testing policies and greatly enchanced penalties, home runs are down almost 30%.

I dont like steroids but the game is kinda more boring now.

Old 05-03-2013, 07:02 AM   #2
Hardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
Hardscrabble's Tacoma Gallery
Hitters weren't the only players taking steroids.

Old 05-03-2013, 07:04 AM   #3
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
That game always has been boring... Steriods just made the headlines more interesting.

Old 05-03-2013, 07:21 AM   #4
Lazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
Lazylegs's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Lazylegs
The game is not boring if the announcers make it fun. Steriods have played a role in most sports since forever. Remove them and remove the"excitement" I dont think soo.
You all just need to be cheering for the correct teams that is all.

Old 05-04-2013, 12:48 AM   #5
Banned
denali climber is one of the sharper tools in the sheddenali climber is one of the sharper tools in the sheddenali climber is one of the sharper tools in the sheddenali climber is one of the sharper tools in the sheddenali climber is one of the sharper tools in the sheddenali climber is one of the sharper tools in the sheddenali climber is one of the sharper tools in the sheddenali climber is one of the sharper tools in the sheddenali climber is one of the sharper tools in the sheddenali climber is one of the sharper tools in the sheddenali climber is one of the sharper tools in the shed
denali climber's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardscrabble View Post
Hitters weren't the only players taking steroids.
Thats true. Pitchers were as well.

However, research has shown hitters gained a much bigger advantage than pitchers from using anabolic steroids.

Pitchers have shown they can still throw the same mph without using steroids and pitches requiering more technique didnt seem to suffer at all.

Old 05-04-2013, 01:32 AM   #6
nagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nagorb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by denali climber View Post
In the last 4 years, since MLB has enacted new testing policies and greatly enchanced penalties, home runs are down almost 30%.

really? Baseball Can get More Boring? You Kid Me!? so Without Steroids The Guys Just Stand Around?

Old 05-04-2013, 02:06 AM   #7
Adventurer
ffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
ffdawson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagorb View Post
really? Baseball Can get More Boring? You Kid Me!? so Without Steroids The Guys Just Stand Around?
Man, that's pretty shameful coming from a Bay Area sports fan... You watch tonight's Giants win over the hated Dodgers? Ace pitching duel, Multiple close plays at home, capped off by a Buster Posey walk off homer to win it? Doesn't get much better than that...

Honestly just as exciting as that awesome playoff win by the Sharkies. Last minute heroics in both games.

Sorry fellas, baseball is every bit as exciting as any other sport if you follow the game.

For the record I'm a fan of almost all sports, and find positive attributes to each one.

Old 05-04-2013, 02:09 AM   #8
nagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nagorb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffdawson View Post
Man, that's pretty shameful coming from a Bay Area sports fan... You watch tonight's Giants win over the hated Dodgers? Ace pitching duel, Multiple close plays at home, capped off by a Buster Posey walk off homer to win it? Doesn't get much better than that...

Honestly just as exciting as that awesome playoff win by the Sharkies. Last minute heroics in both games.

Sorry fellas, baseball is every bit as exciting as any other sport if you follow the game.

For the record I'm a fan of almost all sports, and find positive attributes to each one.
Um Lol... No

Old 05-04-2013, 02:14 AM   #9

nagorb's Tacoma Gallery
Even Chess Is exciting To some, To Each His Own. But To Want Drugs In A Sport, Fuck That.

Old 05-04-2013, 02:49 AM   #10
Pick your poison
okie is one of the sharper tools in the shedokie is one of the sharper tools in the shedokie is one of the sharper tools in the shedokie is one of the sharper tools in the shedokie is one of the sharper tools in the shedokie is one of the sharper tools in the shedokie is one of the sharper tools in the shedokie is one of the sharper tools in the shedokie is one of the sharper tools in the shedokie is one of the sharper tools in the shedokie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
okie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffdawson View Post
.Sorry fellas, baseball is every bit as exciting as any other sport if you follow the game.
Agree.

I enjoy watching MLB.

Like the 17 hit, 7-0 beatdown the Rangers handed Boston.

Old 05-04-2013, 03:47 AM   #11
Gearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gearheadesw's Tacoma Gallery
Just my opinion, I think it has cast a horrible light on most sports. Not to mention, IT KILLS PEOPLE. A terrible rage filled lingering death.

Old 05-04-2013, 04:39 AM   #12
CASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gabe
CASTRATE's Tacoma Gallery
When I was 14, I caught pens for a guy that was an OU pitcher. He later got signed to the pros, and then got busted for steroids. He used to play at the same high school I did, and would throw there in the off season. That was my first taste of mid/upper 90s. Kinda sucks he was juicin' but I think he was able to get clean and continues to pitch somewhere int the bigs

Old 05-04-2013, 04:58 AM   #13
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Polymerhead's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by denali climber View Post

Interesting. I haven't noticed one bit. I still love to watch the Cards play. What's your source for this stat?

Closed Thread