Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

STRAVA

Old 05-07-2013, 02:54 PM   #1
I'd rather be skiing...
teneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
teneighty's Tacoma Gallery
STRAVA

Any STRAVA users on here??!! Just started using it a week or so ago. Very cool APP. Im on STRAVA Bike and Run.
Attached Thumbnails
STRAVA-iphone-341.jpg  
Old 06-08-2013, 12:49 PM   #2
I'd rather be skiing...
teneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Anyone?...
Old 06-08-2013, 12:51 PM   #3
Low and slow
dually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 14S
dually's Tacoma Gallery
Im a religious Strava user.
Old 06-08-2013, 01:42 PM   #4
I'd rather be skiing...

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dually View Post
Im a religious Strava user.
Nice! It's very cool. Everytime run or ride I use it. Been busy last 3 weeks with wedding and honeymoon but no excuses anymore. I'll be starting up again soon.
Old 06-08-2013, 03:52 PM   #5
alwaysfaded is on a distinguished road

Name: Adam
alwaysfaded's Tacoma Gallery
Just downloaded it. Will check it out to record my rides
Old 06-08-2013, 05:00 PM   #6
I'd rather be skiing...

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysfaded View Post
Just downloaded it. Will check it out to record my rides
Cool
Old 06-09-2013, 05:44 PM   #7
alwaysfaded is on a distinguished road

Name: Adam
alwaysfaded's Tacoma Gallery
Used it today, really cool app. However, do you ever have issues with say listening to Pandora and starva either seems like it stops or shuts off?

After I came home, I looked at the app and it was shut off.. and I was like ahhh WTF! But than I opened it again and it was all good. I did go close to my old work and it picked up the wifi signal, but I didn't enter the password. I think that's what messed it up..
Old 06-09-2013, 05:50 PM   #8
I'd rather be skiing...

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysfaded View Post
Used it today, really cool app. However, do you ever have issues with say listening to Pandora and starva either seems like it stops or shuts off?

After I came home, I looked at the app and it was shut off.. and I was like ahhh WTF! But than I opened it again and it was all good. I did go close to my old work and it picked up the wifi signal, but I didn't enter the password. I think that's what messed it up..
Never used it with Pandora. I just listen to my own music. I haven't had any problems other than sometimes It doesn't update right away... Pretty cool APP. Fun to try and beat your friends or people in your area. Makes it a little more fun and competitive and makes you push a little harder.
Old 06-21-2013, 12:00 PM   #9
blysccr is on a distinguished road
blysccr's Tacoma Gallery
Strava made me dope
Old 06-21-2013, 12:47 PM   #10
I'd rather be skiing...

Law Enforcement:
Lol

It's pretty cool. My buddy an I have a pretty good competition going right now on a downhill on our Mt bikes... It's starting to get scary! Haha
Old 08-28-2014, 09:41 PM   #11
I'd rather be skiing...

Law Enforcement:
Bump, nobody uses STRAVA??!!
Old 09-05-2014, 10:59 AM   #12
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
I use to use strava but since I got my Nike gps watch I use it pretty much exclusivly.
Old 09-05-2014, 11:11 AM   #13
CMan is a glorious beacon of lightCMan is a glorious beacon of lightCMan is a glorious beacon of lightCMan is a glorious beacon of lightCMan is a glorious beacon of light
CMan's Tacoma Gallery
I upload my rides to it and like to look at how I did on various segments. But, that's about the extent of it.
Old 09-05-2014, 11:11 AM   #14
matadorCE is one of the sharper tools in the shedmatadorCE is one of the sharper tools in the shedmatadorCE is one of the sharper tools in the shedmatadorCE is one of the sharper tools in the shedmatadorCE is one of the sharper tools in the shedmatadorCE is one of the sharper tools in the shedmatadorCE is one of the sharper tools in the shedmatadorCE is one of the sharper tools in the shedmatadorCE is one of the sharper tools in the shedmatadorCE is one of the sharper tools in the shedmatadorCE is one of the sharper tools in the shed
matadorCE's Tacoma Gallery
I use it to basically keep in touch with a friend of mine in another state. I've also used it find trails in other cities, which has been very helpful.
Old 09-05-2014, 12:58 PM   #15
I'd rather be skiing...

Law Enforcement:
Yeah, I like to see how I improve on runs and rides. I like to keep track of my stats and see where I was slow or fast and especially on longer runs or rides determine where I'm weak.
It's fun to go out and segment hunt and try to beat your buddies too
Old 09-09-2014, 01:18 PM   #17
TheEh-Team.ca
buck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuck is one of the sharper tools in the shed
buck's Tacoma Gallery
I use strava on xc and road rides. I hate how the KOM on some segments are like twice as fast. Crazy dopers with internal motors.

It's fun for downhilling also. Watch progression over the season as I get is less fat shape.
Old 09-09-2014, 01:21 PM   #18
2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Grant
2ski4life7's Tacoma Gallery
I have strava, its a great motivating tool but I hate it. hahaha. I try to get top 10 all the time now, but it takes away from enjoying the actual ride and company.
Old 09-09-2014, 01:54 PM   #19
I'd rather be skiing...

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ski4life7 View Post
I have strava, its a great motivating tool but I hate it. hahaha. I try to get top 10 all the time now, but it takes away from enjoying the actual ride and company.
True haha
I broke my collar bone trying to get a KOM... Haha