Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

Airsoft anyone?

Old 05-13-2013, 06:21 AM   #1
bonafide
sk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
sk8rjess's Tacoma Gallery
Airsoft anyone?

After playing paintball for 5 years while in grade school we all moved to air soft because of how much cheaper it is. Don't get me wrong, the rush of playing a front off break(for my speedball brothers) is amazing but I enjoy air soft much more.

Who else plays?!
Old 05-13-2013, 06:52 AM   #2
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
My husband and I used to play and we still have all of our gear (LOTS of gear). We haven't played since 2008. It was a lot of fun...... But, at our age.... it was hard to keep up with the younger 'faster' kids. It was a great work out. When you're taking ALEVE every time you play....you begin to accept the fact that you're too old for such high intensity physical activity.

I shoot left handed and my husband built me a left handed sniper rifle. I was good at hiding, being patient, and waiting for the target. Sometimes, the enemy would be within 10 feet of where I was positioned...and never see me.

A shot of me hiding in the brush....

We played with a group called C3.
www.c3airsoft.com in southeastern PA.
Old 05-13-2013, 07:44 PM   #3
bonafide
sk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shed

That's awesome! We played for the first time in two years over the weekend and I caught the bug again
Old 05-13-2013, 07:46 PM   #4
Master Navigator/Zipper Operator
Germ is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Germ's Tacoma Gallery
I did when I lived in SoCal. Now that I'm in AZ nobody plays and I just have alot of expensive gear.
Old 05-13-2013, 07:48 PM   #5
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jake
95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
i've never played, i have owned a few airsoft pistols over the years though, and i'd like to play, the problem is cost, i have almost all the gear to play paintball, but none for airsoft.
Old 05-13-2013, 07:49 PM   #6
Germ is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Germ's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Jake, next time I'm in town(Crest) I'll hit you up. Me and my buddies got enough extra guns to equip you for the day.
Old 05-13-2013, 08:13 PM   #7
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jake
95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Germ View Post
Hey Jake, next time I'm in town(Crest) I'll hit you up. Me and my buddies got enough extra guns to equip you for the day.
Heck yeah, my summers pretty much full, but gimme a holler when y'all are over and I might be able to get free.
Old 05-13-2013, 08:22 PM   #8
Dorthy left Kansas for a reason
somethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Parker
somethinboutayota's Tacoma Gallery
Did... Sold my gear last year ill find my pics of a few years ago and post them tomorrow or something
Old 05-13-2013, 09:50 PM   #9
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8rjess View Post
That's awesome! We played for the first time in two years over the weekend and I caught the bug again
I'd do it again... we just always seem to have other things going on.

I think we played just about every other weekend for a few years, including in the winter. Talk about burn-out.

I think the best time we had was playing at an Military Urban training facility. I can't remember where it was (out of state). Our group got special access to have a 'big game' there.

More photos
http://www.lieblweb.com/cpg/thumbnai...bum=148&page=1

If you're really into airsoft... Find a local airsoft group/club. Hopefully, you'll find an organized group who sets up big games where you have an entire day "Operation" similar to the military where you have Leaders, squads, and missions to accomplish.
Old 05-13-2013, 10:35 PM   #10

Germ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
I'd do it again... we just always seem to have other things going on.

I think we played just about every other weekend for a few years, including in the winter. Talk about burn-out.

I think the best time we had was playing at an Military Urban training facility. I can't remember where it was (out of state). Our group got special access to have a 'big game' there.

More photos
http://www.lieblweb.com/cpg/thumbnai...bum=148&page=1

If you're really into airsoft... Find a local airsoft group/club. Hopefully, you'll find an organized group who sets up big games where you have an entire day "Operation" similar to the military where you have Leaders, squads, and missions to accomplish.
That place looks sweet! I could never get into milsim style games though. I think the local place I went to just had crappy people coordinating the games. Man I'd kill to play airsoft or paintball there though.
Old 05-14-2013, 06:15 AM   #11
bonafide

That does look awesome. When I lived in Kentucky we took a giant empty hay barn and set up obstacles. I remember spending almost all night playing once.
I still have a handful of my old paintball stuff but good thing about air soft is you spend a few hundred on a gun and you're good to play. Its so much cheaper than paintball even with sponsorships, at least for me.
Rumor has it there is a local indoor place somewhere, I need to find it.
Old 05-31-2013, 11:31 AM   #12
bonafide

incase anyone in the middle tn area is wanting to play, we are starting to play regularly and have a big game tomo.

also i'll share my old loadout since it's the only pic i have of it

Old 05-31-2013, 11:39 AM   #13
bonafide

i lied, i just found another pic on my facebook

Old 10-03-2013, 09:24 PM   #14
Codemonkey3 is on a distinguished road

Codemonkey3's Tacoma Gallery
Oh damn. Airsoft, now we're talking. Here are a few of my kits:

Start it off with a Tacoma picture. I was donating tractor tires to my local field.

My Japanese Gound Self Defense Force Special Forces kit (JGSDF SOG)

Woodland Kit

Private Military Contractor kit

The kit I used to wear in the winter.

My Terrorist getup (I'm on the right)

The kit I wore to Operation Blacksheep. (3rd from right)