Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

Go Pro Hero 3 VS Go Pro 3

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-20-2013, 07:32 PM   #1
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Kevin
fireturk41's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fireturk41
Go Pro Hero 3 VS Go Pro 3

how do they compare as far as picture/video clarity and quality?

is it worth the extra cost of a 3?

is it worth the money period?

Old 07-20-2013, 07:36 PM   #2
I doughnut belong here.
Bennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Bennett707's Tacoma Gallery
http://gopro.com/product-comparison-hero3-cameras
Old 07-20-2013, 07:36 PM   #3
subaru of america
rickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ricky
rickmeseke's Tacoma Gallery
I'm assuming you mean gopro hero 3 vs hero 2?

If your gonna get a 3, get black, white and silver suck IMO. I plan on picking up a hero 2 hd which I feel is better quality then 3 white/silver.

I'm also leaning towards a drift hd though.
Old 07-20-2013, 07:37 PM   #4
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: A1C
Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
What do you mean by GoPro 3? They are all GoPro Heros...

There are currently 3 version of the Hero 3. The White, Silver, and black.

I have the Hero 3 Black Edition and love it. My reasoning for going with the Black Edition was because it has the best picture quality and comes with the wifi remote.

I didn't want to buy the white or silver edition and regret not getting the camera with a higher quality picture/video.

Also, since the Wifi remote that comes with the Black Edition costs $80, you are really only paying $20 extra for the Black Edition that has better picture quality versus the Silver Edition since the Silver Edition does not come with the wifi remote.
Old 07-20-2013, 07:38 PM   #6
SOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Helicopter Pilot - RVN
SOSHeloPilot's Tacoma Gallery
. . .
Old 07-20-2013, 08:11 PM   #7
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
I MEANT HERO 3, i DIDNT KNow there were different versions lol

I was looking at the black, but wasnt sure if its worth 400 bones
Old 07-20-2013, 08:12 PM   #8
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireturk41 View Post
I MEANT HERO 3, i DIDNT KNow there were different versions lol

I was looking at the black, but wasnt sure if its worth 400 bones
No point in getting the Silver Edition like I said. Since for, technically, $20 you're getting a way better camera in the Black Edition.
Old 07-20-2013, 08:20 PM   #9
chich2000 is on a distinguished road
chich2000's Tacoma Gallery
I have the Gopro 2 and Gopro 3 Black edition, and you can't compare the two in video quality. The Gopro 3 is far crisper, and can record 1080p at 60fps. It also does higher quality video like 4K. It is about half the size and it comes with the Wi-fi pack built-in. I had to buy the Wi-fi for the Gopro 2 and it adds a lot of bulk to it. It is definitely worth if if you care about quality video.
Old 07-20-2013, 08:29 PM   #10
I like to break shit!

Firefighter:
well looks like im gonna hafta save a few paychecks and get a Hero 3 black edition... I hate you guys

thanks for the help
Old 07-21-2013, 11:06 AM   #11
I like to break shit!

Firefighter:
lookin at hero 3s do i need to buy anything else to make it water proof?

i was also lookin at gettin this and the extra battery
http://www.amazon.com/GoPro-AHDWH-30.../ref=pd_cp_p_0

this is the camera

http://www.amazon.com/GoPro-CHDHX-30...s=go+pro+black
Old 07-21-2013, 12:26 PM   #12

Quote:
lookin at hero 3s do i need to buy anything else to make it water proof?

i was also lookin at gettin this and the extra battery
http://www.amazon.com/GoPro-AHDWH-30.../ref=pd_cp_p_0

this is the camera

http://www.amazon.com/GoPro-CHDHX-30...s=go+pro+black
Nope, it comes with the case to make it waterproof. It also comes with something they call a skeleton back door. The skeleton back door is great for when you want audio. I just leave the skeleton back door on and carry the waterproof back door with me just in case.

If you want extra batteries, I recommend getting these. They are a LOT cheaper and the reviews and tests show that they work and last just as long as the official GoPro batteries.
http://www.amazon.com/Wasabi-Power-B...i+gopro+hero+3
Old 07-21-2013, 01:07 PM   #13
I like to break shit!

Firefighter:
Those are the ones I wa gonna get audio ain't too important, ill be under water the whole time lol
Old 07-21-2013, 01:23 PM   #14

Quote:
Those are the ones I wa gonna get audio ain't too important, ill be under water the whole time lol
Don't be surprised. You can use these things for a LOT of stuff.
Old 07-21-2013, 01:25 PM   #15
TacoBurrito07 has much to be proud ofTacoBurrito07 has much to be proud ofTacoBurrito07 has much to be proud ofTacoBurrito07 has much to be proud ofTacoBurrito07 has much to be proud ofTacoBurrito07 has much to be proud ofTacoBurrito07 has much to be proud ofTacoBurrito07 has much to be proud ofTacoBurrito07 has much to be proud of

Name: Jake
TacoBurrito07's Tacoma Gallery
I've got a Hero 3 Black edition and its freaking awesome. I got the suction cup mount for wheeling and its great. Super reliable and it'll hang on up to 150 mph if you put it on a dry, clean surface (make sure you put it on before you start wheeling too hard or this can be hard to find.) You can use the App on your phone to start it or the wifi remote. Definitely the way to go.

And as suggested above, I would really consider those extra batteries. Thats the only thing thats a pain about it. I'm probably going to get some myself.
Old 07-21-2013, 01:26 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoBurrito07 View Post
I've got a Hero 3 Black edition and its freaking awesome. I got the suction cup mount for wheeling and its great. Super reliable and it'll hang on up to 150 mph if you put it on a dry, clean surface (make sure you put it on before you start wheeling too hard or this can be hard to find.) You can use the App on your phone to start it or the wifi remote. Definitely the way to go.
I LOVE the phone app haha
Old 07-21-2013, 01:28 PM   #17
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
What everyone said... I fucking love my hero 3 black.

Use it for trail videos of the truck
Was my tourist camera through Japan
Was my car camera through several car shows
gonna use it next month to record my run through the spartan race

And the pic quality is great for a tiny non dslr
Old 09-02-2013, 08:27 AM   #19
zmnypit is on a distinguished road

zmnypit's Tacoma Gallery
I'm sure you already bought one but you can't go wrong with the silver or black. I have both and honestly the silver minus a couple resolutuion and fps settings is the same. The black does come with a remote but I sold it on eBay since I use my phone. So if you don't care about 4k or 120fps and a remote go silver

Products Discussed in this Thread