View Poll Results: Gloves
"new" knuckle open gloves 0 0%
BKB = NO GLOVES!!! 9 69.23%
I just wana see someone punched 3 23.08%
BKB? we already have Boxing and MMA 1 7.69%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-22-2013, 05:14 PM   #1
NorthWest Member
J88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonnie
J88logue's Tacoma Gallery
"BKB" *Bare Knuckle Boxing* Thread

AFTER 114 years "Bare Knuckle Boxing" is being brought to modern entertainment. However - they are using gloves with cut out holes which will enable the knuckles to contact the skin while protecting the rest of the hand. Not exactly traditional like this guy here.

Here's a link to a lil youtube adv. The premier is in 5 days time. I personally think if they are gonna bring this back and call it Bare Knuckle, then it better ass be BARE knuckle!!!! Also as you can tell the ring has ZERO ropes....interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYMCbVt76m4

Old 07-22-2013, 05:58 PM   #2
Pavement Princess
Warputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet - 1st Inf. Div.
Name: Chris
Warputer's Tacoma Gallery
Hmmmmm, more padding on the gloves than the MMA though.
Attached Thumbnails
"BKB" *Bare Knuckle Boxing* Thread-classic_mma_gloves_red.jpg  
Old 07-22-2013, 06:00 PM   #3
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
My grandfather Bare knuckle boxed in the NAVY when he served during Korea. One tough son of a bitch.
Old 07-22-2013, 06:02 PM   #4
NorthWest Member
J88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

If it was true bare knuckle i'd be all over that!!
Old 07-22-2013, 06:14 PM   #5
Pavement Princess
Warputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet - 1st Inf. Div.
Warputer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by J88logue View Post
If it was true bare knuckle i'd be all over that!!
That makes 2 of us.....kind of like the Ultimate Fighting of the late 80's or early 90's!
Old 07-22-2013, 06:18 PM   #6
NorthWest Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warputer View Post
That makes 2 of us.....kind of like the Ultimate Fighting of the late 80's or early 90's!
He'll ya!! Shit why not bring back gladiators lol
Old 07-23-2013, 03:15 PM   #7
"GO DUCKS" Edition
Oregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
Oregon TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warputer View Post
I was thinking about getting this on PPV but after seeing the gloves.....fuck that. To me BKB means NO GLOVES.

I've seen every UFC since the very first UFC 1. Those were the shit. And Elite Combat Fighting was brutal shit. Those were the good old days.

I have UFC 1 - 10 on dvd still that I recorded from VHS. The time wasted in between fights is unreal..LOL. Such good shit though.
Old 07-23-2013, 07:08 PM   #8
NorthWest Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPR View Post
I was thinking about getting this on PPV but after seeing the gloves.....fuck that. To me BKB means NO GLOVES.

I've seen every UFC since the very first UFC 1. Those were the shit. And Elite Combat Fighting was brutal shit. Those were the good old days.

I have UFC 1 - 10 on dvd still that I recorded from VHS. The time wasted in between fights is unreal..LOL. Such good shit though.
Yeah I'm curious to see how this event takes off
Old 08-06-2013, 07:18 PM   #9
se7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shedse7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shedse7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shedse7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shedse7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shedse7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shedse7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shedse7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shedse7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shedse7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shedse7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shed

se7enine's Tacoma Gallery
I would rather watch Muay Thai . It still is going to be boring ass boxing I think. I find it hard to watch boxing after the introduction of MMA, it's like watching entertainment wrestling.

Old 08-06-2013, 07:25 PM   #10
drunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Sage
drunktaco's Tacoma Gallery
Gloves = bitch mittens

I say if you're going to call it bare knuckle then no gloves. But if they went by the old traditional rules then it might be alright I think. There were no set number of rounds and the rounds weren't timed but when a competitor fell, the round ended and they were given 30 seconds I believe to get back up and get back out there.
Old 08-13-2013, 08:56 AM   #11
Tuctaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Todd
Tuctaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by se7enine View Post
I would rather watch Muay Thai . It still is going to be boring ass boxing I think. I find it hard to watch boxing after the introduction of MMA, it's like watching entertainment wrestling.

I agree 100%