any one have a mountain bike for sell?

Old 08-06-2013, 05:46 PM   #1
josepenajr has a spectacular aura aboutjosepenajr has a spectacular aura about
josepenajr's Tacoma Gallery
any one have a mountain bike for sell?

any pictures would be great .. looking to buy thanks guys

want it for trail rides ..26inch
Old 08-06-2013, 05:49 PM   #2
TailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TailDrag's Tacoma Gallery
What size do you need? Budget? Hard tail or soft? Front suspension or rigid fork? Ready to ride or needs some work?
Old 08-06-2013, 05:53 PM   #3
stmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jimmy
stmpjmpr's Tacoma Gallery
XC AM DH???
Old 08-06-2013, 05:53 PM   #4
wow great questions.. needs to ride lookingo soft tail and a 26inch and about $500
thanks
Old 08-06-2013, 06:12 PM   #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by stmpjmpr View Post
XC AM DH???
not sure what that is ...
Old 08-06-2013, 07:02 PM   #6
se7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shedse7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shedse7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shedse7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shedse7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shedse7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shedse7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shedse7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shedse7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shedse7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shedse7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shed

se7enine's Tacoma Gallery
cross country, all mountain or downhill
Old 08-06-2013, 07:12 PM   #7
mountain/ down hill
Old 08-07-2013, 11:12 AM   #9
how much??$$$$
Old 08-07-2013, 11:21 AM   #10
FASTK is a name known to allFASTK is a name known to allFASTK is a name known to allFASTK is a name known to allFASTK is a name known to allFASTK is a name known to all
Name: Gregg
FASTK's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by josepenajr View Post
mountain/ down hill
Just a guess here but I think you actually want a cross country bike. A DH bike is a highly specialized rig, made for just going downhill, take the ski lift back up. They weigh a ton and are not geared for climbing.

Might be worth your time to familiarize yourself with terminology and different bike styles before spending any money. Not sure why you would require a 26 inch wheel size but it will more likely fit your budget if not your needs.

That Stumpjumper is actually a nice rig.
Old 08-07-2013, 11:28 AM   #11
TailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Truth.

And if you don't need full squishy, new to mountain biking and have a 5 bill budget, maybe check a new Specialized Hardrock.

Just an assumption that you are new to the MB hobby.
Old 08-07-2013, 12:45 PM   #12
se7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shedse7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shedse7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shedse7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shedse7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shedse7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shedse7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shedse7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shedse7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shedse7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shedse7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Just a thought but Craigslist has many bikes at a great price when you know what to look for and how much to spend.
Old 08-07-2013, 04:48 PM   #13
yeah im new to it and i just want a new hobby .. and my city's craiglists sucks lol
Old 08-07-2013, 05:46 PM   #14
Go to a local shop and do test rides. Tell them your budget and go from there.

Steer away from used unless/until you know exactly what you are looking at and what to watch out for.
Old 08-07-2013, 05:49 PM   #15
oh okay thanks
Old 08-07-2013, 05:51 PM   #16
Hey good luck and have fun. I spent way too much on my bike and I don't really mountain bike ever.

Be more practical than I am!
Old 08-07-2013, 06:03 PM   #17

PinkBike is good, Just pay with paypal or find a seller close buy. Buying used is fine so long as you can inspect the bike to find cracks and what not. Just like buying a used car, not all previous owners take care of their stuff so you have to be careful. I don't buy new mt. bikes and I've never had any problems, but I'm the kinda guy that grew up around bikes and can build one piece by piece. For a beginner It is recommended that you go to a bike shop but not all shops are the same, many are single minded and only know about one type of riding. Plus they are way over priced IMO. If you know someone who rides I would ask them for advice and maybe they have a spare bike you can try out. Demo days at bike parks are nice too.
Old 08-08-2013, 05:15 AM   #18
Quote:
Originally Posted by se7enine View Post
PinkBike is good, Just pay with paypal or find a seller close buy. Buying used is fine so long as you can inspect the bike to find cracks and what not. Just like buying a used car, not all previous owners take care of their stuff so you have to be careful. I don't buy new mt. bikes and I've never had any problems, but I'm the kinda guy that grew up around bikes and can build one piece by piece. For a beginner It is recommended that you go to a bike shop but not all shops are the same, many are single minded and only know about one type of riding. Plus they are way over priced IMO. If you know someone who rides I would ask them for advice and maybe they have a spare bike you can try out. Demo days at bike parks are nice too.
thank you!
Old 08-08-2013, 01:20 PM   #19
Ditch Doctor
medic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Murph
medic2230's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by se7enine View Post
Yeah thanks!! I had never heard of that site. Some good deals on there.
Old 08-08-2013, 05:44 PM   #20

mtbr.com has some good reviews if you find something you like and want to know how it rates.