Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

Generators!

Old 08-11-2013, 08:36 PM   #1
rotorwind is on a distinguished road

Name: Brandon
rotorwind's Tacoma Gallery
Generators!

Just bought a toy hauler and need a generator or inverter that's at least 3000 watts. What are you guys using? Want something quiet so I don't piss off everyone I camp near but don't want to spend $2000 on honda or yamaha. $1000 or under is the budget. Sugestions?

Thanks
Old 08-11-2013, 09:21 PM   #2
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
quiet = expensive.

get two, EU2000's..that way you can run one, or both as needed. you have to buy that parallel kit tho..again..expensive.

you running AC?
Old 08-12-2013, 12:21 AM   #3

Yeah AC. I've seen those parallel honda units. Pretty good idea. No electronics (yet) just AC, fridge/freezer, lights etc.
Old 08-12-2013, 12:24 AM   #4
AZ it is a "dry heat"
supriseaztacoma is on a distinguished road
Name: Aaron
supriseaztacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I would go Yamaha all day long! Honda is good.. Cant knock them but the Yamaha is better!! I have owned both! Though this is just my opinion..
Old 08-12-2013, 03:52 PM   #5

I've heard good things about yamaha. I was hoping for suggestions other than Honda/Yamaha (less expensive)....anyone?
Old 08-12-2013, 04:04 PM   #6
Mr Thundermaker is about to start barking fire!
RCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RCBS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotorwind View Post
I've heard good things about yamaha. I was hoping for suggestions other than Honda/Yamaha (less expensive)....anyone?
Robin/Subaru...not less expensive, but on par with quality.

Nothing out there for under a G that is quiet, durable and makes 3000 running watts.

All three of the above utilize Sawafuji generator sets...best on market that I'm aware of.

Honda eu3000 would be my suggestion Double your budget, but quiet and will last a lifetime.
Old 08-12-2013, 08:47 PM   #7

Thanks for the replies!
Old 08-12-2013, 08:50 PM   #8

I've heard good things about this brand. Anyone have one?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000RUOY2S
Old 08-12-2013, 09:14 PM   #9
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
An eu3000 is so heavy. Moving two 2000's is so much easier. Just my opinion. The 3000 is amazing.