Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

Quadcopters anyone?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-09-2013, 07:50 AM   #41
Benjamin Newman
Btnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Benjamin
Btnewman's Tacoma Gallery
Have you guys seen the vids of guys racing these things through fpv?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ith7...e_gdata_player
Old 10-09-2013, 09:18 AM   #42
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Btnewman View Post
Have you guys seen the vids of guys racing these things through fpv?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ith7...e_gdata_player
he's ballsy...
Old 10-09-2013, 09:54 AM   #45
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
i like how it tripoded itself on the crash.

i need to practice flying mine more in manual mode. so much speed when it allows you to tilt past 45 degrees and doesn't limit your motor speed. only used manual for flips and rolls so far though.
Old 10-09-2013, 09:56 AM   #46
PinkTaco69 is a glorious beacon of lightPinkTaco69 is a glorious beacon of lightPinkTaco69 is a glorious beacon of lightPinkTaco69 is a glorious beacon of lightPinkTaco69 is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Luke
PinkTaco69's Tacoma Gallery
I have a DJI Phantom which is a ton of fun.
Old 10-09-2013, 09:57 AM   #47
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkTaco69 View Post
I have a DJI Phantom which is a ton of fun.
you played around with the settings on the computer yet?
Old 10-09-2013, 09:57 AM   #48
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by colinb17 View Post
i like how it tripoded itself on the crash.

i need to practice flying mine more in manual mode. so much speed when it allows you to tilt past 45 degrees and doesn't limit your motor speed. only used manual for flips and rolls so far though.
ya that was a good one... lol
Old 10-09-2013, 10:05 AM   #49
DHwreckage is a splendid one to beholdDHwreckage is a splendid one to beholdDHwreckage is a splendid one to beholdDHwreckage is a splendid one to beholdDHwreckage is a splendid one to beholdDHwreckage is a splendid one to beholdDHwreckage is a splendid one to behold

DHwreckage's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Btnewman View Post
So, will this be enough protection for flying a 7 cm quadcopter?
Is that a halliburton hard hat booo!
Old 10-09-2013, 10:13 AM   #50
No longer anonymous. D'oh!
carcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shed

carcharias's Tacoma Gallery
Videos you've made, please?
I'd love to know how to use these! (Someone else) used one with me this summer - both were pretty rocky images so we couldn't use the footage, but it was the pilots' inexperience. One was a GoPro helicopter, and the other was ..... bigger. I'm ignorant of this stuff at the moment.
Old 10-09-2013, 10:27 AM   #51
Paleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Paleus's Tacoma Gallery
Quadcopters are awesome. I have experience flying R/C planes and helis, but have never flown a quad. I have an E-Flite Carbon Cub right now that I have only flown one time. When I have time to go fly it is too windy. With a quad, I could fly in my backyard or other much smaller spaces than I need for the Cub.

What would be a good quad (rtf or kit) that I could use with my DX6i?
Old 10-09-2013, 10:31 AM   #52
Kick A$$ Member
LoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter
LoadedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
One of the guys that I wheel with has one of the DJI copters. He makes some pretty badass videos for youtube. They used it one their trip to utah.

Some of the best copter video is at about 4:30

http://youtu.be/r6CSqU7r3JM
Old 10-09-2013, 10:32 AM   #53
Mayor of TW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paleus View Post
Quadcopters are awesome. I have experience flying R/C planes and helis, but have never flown a quad. I have an E-Flite Carbon Cub right now that I have only flown one time. When I have time to go fly it is too windy. With a quad, I could fly in my backyard or other much smaller spaces than I need for the Cub.

What would be a good quad (rtf or kit) that I could use with my DX6i?
depends what you want to spend really and the size you want... I for the most part dislike building so RTFs are for me...
Old 10-09-2013, 10:32 AM   #54
Benjamin Newman
Btnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHwreckage View Post
Is that a halliburton hard hat booo!
Since when did halliburton have a w in the name? I can't believe you would insult me like that. I'm hurt....
Old 10-09-2013, 10:33 AM   #55
Paleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Paleus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmarva View Post
depends what you want to spend really and the size you want... I for the most part dislike building so RTFs are for me...
I don't mind building things, for me that's part of the fun. Sub-$500 range would be good, that may be unrealistic.
Old 10-09-2013, 10:35 AM   #56
Mayor of TW

Quote:
I don't mind building things, for me that's part of the fun. Sub-$500 range would be good, that may be unrealistic.
The old version Phantoms are 479 right now I believe in prep for the Phantom II and Phantom Vision to be released...

just add gopro.
Old 10-09-2013, 10:35 AM   #57
Mayor of TW

You may be able to find a decent build quad for sale (used) on rcgroups.com...

Just like with Tacomas, save money by buying parts used and build from there.
Old 10-09-2013, 10:36 AM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoadedTaco View Post
One of the guys that I wheel with has one of the DJI copters. He makes some pretty badass videos for youtube. They used it one their trip to utah.
that's the video that pushed my to get a phantom/get into the flying portion of the rc hobby.

Quote:
gonna be very hard to acomplish for that price without building from used parts of getting a smaller one.
Old 10-09-2013, 10:36 AM   #59
Benjamin Newman

The dji phanton seems to be a really good starting point.
Old 10-09-2013, 10:39 AM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmarva View Post
The old version Phantoms are 479 right now I believe in prep for the Phantom II and Phantom Vision to be released...

just add gopro.
just gotta built into the budget all the extra stuff you don't need but will want.

extra batteries, extra rotors, and a case later i'm almost $350 extra into it.....and that's without a $200+ gimbal (still have to buy) for the $300 gopro (already had)

Products Discussed in this Thread