Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

Quadcopters anyone?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-16-2014, 09:25 PM   #621
Benjamin Newman
Btnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Benjamin
Btnewman's Tacoma Gallery
That is logical. I hope you have a damn good pilot! 1/2" of clearance on either side is not very much room at all! Keep us updated on the build and how the comp goes!
Old 02-17-2014, 04:33 AM   #622
Odie
trdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

trdNick's Tacoma Gallery
Will do! We just have to pass it through the sizing hoop by hand so no worries there. But getting the hang of flying it will be a challenge in itself.
Old 02-17-2014, 04:35 AM   #623
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Cool build... what's the frame made of? Aluminum?
Old 02-17-2014, 05:49 AM   #624
Odie
trdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

trdNick's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks. Its 1/2 inch square steel tubing and 18ga sheetmetal for the filler panels
Old 02-17-2014, 05:51 AM   #625
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by trdNick View Post
Thanks. Its 1/2 inch square steel tubing and 18ga sheetmetal for the filler panels
Why steel?
Old 02-17-2014, 06:02 AM   #626
Odie

trdNick's Tacoma Gallery
In the competition we get points for weight. The weight can come from the weight of the vehicle as well as payload so we weren't really worried about saving weight on the chasis.
Old 02-17-2014, 06:27 AM   #627
Mayor of TW

Quote:
Originally Posted by trdNick View Post
In the competition we get points for weight. The weight can come from the weight of the vehicle as well as payload so we weren't really worried about saving weight on the chasis.
oh shit, cool...
Old 02-17-2014, 06:37 AM   #628
Benjamin Newman
Btnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Benjamin
Btnewman's Tacoma Gallery
Rodoquad! That should do awesome in combat!
Old 02-17-2014, 09:33 AM   #629
Odie

trdNick's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmarva View Post
oh shit, cool...
So its pretty much a bonus to have a heavy copter
Old 02-17-2014, 11:35 AM   #630
Odie

trdNick's Tacoma Gallery
EDIT:
Battery info: 5- 5800mAh Lipos in parallel, 22.2 volts each
Old 02-18-2014, 07:44 PM   #631
Odie

trdNick's Tacoma Gallery
Did some motor testing today. This is the thrust from 1 motor (the scale is in pounds, with 2 decimal places). We will have 8 haha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jned0gKB-k
Old 02-19-2014, 09:15 AM   #632
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
I couldn't resist. after walking past them on the shelf every time i go to get parts for my RC trucks, i finally broke down and got a Proto X nano quad. turns out i shouldn't have waited so long. lifttle thing is a monster. handles just as well, if not better than my 1SQ (indoors of course)

ony downside being that it gets blown into the wall if you fart too hard
pretty easy to fly though, and very fast.

truck keys for scale
Old 02-19-2014, 10:06 AM   #633
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Holy Sheet thats a tiny bastard!
Old 02-19-2014, 10:15 AM   #634
Sacrifice is one of the sharper tools in the shedSacrifice is one of the sharper tools in the shedSacrifice is one of the sharper tools in the shedSacrifice is one of the sharper tools in the shedSacrifice is one of the sharper tools in the shedSacrifice is one of the sharper tools in the shedSacrifice is one of the sharper tools in the shedSacrifice is one of the sharper tools in the shedSacrifice is one of the sharper tools in the shedSacrifice is one of the sharper tools in the shedSacrifice is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Sacrifice's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by colinb17 View Post
I couldn't resist. after walking past them on the shelf every time i go to get parts for my RC trucks, i finally broke down and got a Proto X nano quad. turns out i shouldn't have waited so long. lifttle thing is a monster. handles just as well, if not better than my 1SQ (indoors of course)

truck keys for scale
My buddy has one. Thing sound like a bee buzzing around. It's cool and fun. Which is making me want a quadcopter but I want something bigger so ill probably pick up the 1sq sometime.
Old 02-26-2014, 04:51 AM   #637
Mayor of TW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
^^

so..my dream rig is a Xprohelli for gopro stuff with a gimbal...but i dont have the funding for that kinda thing yet..but i do want to get good at flying before i try flying a 2k chopter ha

Any suggestions? or just really any lil mini quad will do?
buy a cheap little quad and get to practicing... I "learned" to fly multis on a Blade MQX which is a small (but not tiny). they don't make them anymore, but you can pick them up on ebay or rcgroups.com pretty cheap
Old 02-26-2014, 04:51 AM   #638
Mayor of TW

Quote:
Originally Posted by colinb17 View Post

truck keys for scale
itty bitty titty
Old 02-26-2014, 05:38 AM   #639
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
^^

so..my dream rig is a Xprohelli for gopro stuff with a gimbal...but i dont have the funding for that kinda thing yet..but i do want to get good at flying before i try flying a 2k chopter ha

Any suggestions? or just really any lil mini quad will do?
you can get a mini quad with a camera for around 100.

http://www.amazon.com/Hubsan-H107C-2...san+quadcopter
Old 02-26-2014, 09:00 AM   #640
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monte
Blackdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmarva View Post
buy a cheap little quad and get to practicing... I "learned" to fly multis on a Blade MQX which is a small (but not tiny). they don't make them anymore, but you can pick them up on ebay or rcgroups.com pretty cheap
Cool i was looking at the trainer one for xpro the x1..just a lil guy but gotta start somewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Runner View Post
you can get a mini quad with a camera for around 100.

http://www.amazon.com/Hubsan-H107C-2...san+quadcopter

sweet! thanks!

Products Discussed in this Thread