Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

Big Bear mountain

Old 10-21-2013, 08:19 AM   #1
Hambone155 is a splendid one to beholdHambone155 is a splendid one to beholdHambone155 is a splendid one to beholdHambone155 is a splendid one to beholdHambone155 is a splendid one to beholdHambone155 is a splendid one to behold

Hambone155's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Hambone155
Big Bear mountain

never been to big bear but my wife and i are going to LA the first week of march for a confence she has to go to. i am the drag along becuase she hasnt done that my traveling. so while shes at the confrence i would like to be at big bear. my questions

big bear a good place to board?
first week of march still have good snowfall?

Thanks guys im sure some so-cal or nor-cal guys will be all over this.
Old 11-27-2013, 03:26 PM   #2
Vidmon88 has much to be proud ofVidmon88 has much to be proud ofVidmon88 has much to be proud ofVidmon88 has much to be proud ofVidmon88 has much to be proud ofVidmon88 has much to be proud ofVidmon88 has much to be proud ofVidmon88 has much to be proud ofVidmon88 has much to be proud of
Law Enforcement: Federal
Name: Alex
Vidmon88's Tacoma Gallery
I've been going there the first weekend of the year for the past 9 years. They have snow for sure Nov-Feb don't know about March. They also produce their own snow so you might want to call them and ask.
Old 11-27-2013, 03:39 PM   #4
shit happens then you die
jobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Josh
jobrien's Tacoma Gallery
It's socal so anything is possible
Old 11-27-2013, 04:02 PM   #5
DCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines:
DCGirl's Tacoma Gallery
For Big Bear and Mt.High

March is a bit more questionable. Just look up the status when it gets closer. If there is a solid 18-24" base chances are you will have a fun day. Once it gets 8-12" it feels too sketchy for me, especially if the weather is 55F +. Rocks, branches, slushy snow. But I know some people prefer the slush over the icy patches. I felt all I was riding was ice one time in Colorado, not fun! Most of the past few years there is one or two decent snow dumps that month. They do make their own snow when it's cold enough.

Most likely you will be fine with the first week of March.
Old 11-27-2013, 04:15 PM   #6
JoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Veteran
JoeTacoma02's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hambone155 View Post
never been to big bear but my wife and i are going to LA the first week of march for a confence she has to go to. i am the drag along becuase she hasnt done that my traveling. so while shes at the confrence i would like to be at big bear. my questions

big bear a good place to board?
first week of march still have good snowfall?

Thanks guys im sure some so-cal or nor-cal guys will be all over this.
Big Bear..only place I was able to board without a need of a jacket. Beanie, sunglasses, long sleeve shirt, gloves and snowboard pants. I went there a few times when I used to live down there and they have snow makers so that should count for something I remember I didn't go during winter time and it was sunny and the snow was still good. Of course, that was back in 2010.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCGirl View Post
For Big Bear and Mt.High

March is a bit more questionable. Just look up the status when it gets closer. If there is a solid 18-24" base chances are you will have a fun day. Once it gets 8-12" it feels too sketchy for me, especially if the weather is 55F +. Rocks, branches, slushy snow. But I know some people prefer the slush over the icy patches. I felt all I was riding was ice one time in Colorado, not fun! Most of the past few years there is one or two decent snow dumps that month. They do make their own snow when it's cold enough.

Most likely you will be fine with the first week of March.
Hell yeah! Slush over ice patch any day!