1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Ps4 bs xbox

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by mdcmn7, Nov 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nov 14, 2013 at 4:02 AM
    mdcmn7

mdcmn7 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chuck
    East Coast
    So Christmas is fast approaching and my sons want a new gaming system. I know almost zero about the systems and the boys are split between the ps4 and xbox. Doing some internet searches there seems to be fan boys for both

Anyone who knows about these sort of things have any input? Is one better than the other, better games, better support?

Thanks

2. Nov 14, 2013 at 4:15 AM
    LAoffroadin

LAoffroadin BURY ME WITH MY TACO!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Joshua
    Northwest
    Vehicle:
    2012 offroad 4x4
    ICON stage 5 coilers w/ ICON ucas, dakar leaf pack with Fox rears, k&n cai, LED cab light, raceline 16 inch wheels , toyo m/t 33",painted front yota emblem gloss white, retrofit headlights with mirrimoto 3 " lenses running the 6k headlights. Bhlm, bestopper, wet okole seat covers (max 4), weather tech mats,winch with piaa fogs. All pro apex front bumper. Sliders etc
    ive always been a PS kinda gamer, however this xbox one is convincing me otherwise...

the capabilities and graphics are second to none

3. Nov 14, 2013 at 5:22 AM
    Tunerz

Tunerz New Member

Member:
    I own both, Xbox has more game selection but in PS, you don't have to pay to play online.

4. Nov 14, 2013 at 5:25 AM
    LAoffroadin

LAoffroadin BURY ME WITH MY TACO!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Joshua
    Northwest
    Vehicle:
    2012 offroad 4x4
    ICON stage 5 coilers w/ ICON ucas, dakar leaf pack with Fox rears, k&n cai, LED cab light, raceline 16 inch wheels , toyo m/t 33",painted front yota emblem gloss white, retrofit headlights with mirrimoto 3 " lenses running the 6k headlights. Bhlm, bestopper, wet okole seat covers (max 4), weather tech mats,winch with piaa fogs. All pro apex front bumper. Sliders etc
    very true good point...

5. Nov 14, 2013 at 5:32 AM
    mdcmn7

Member:
    First Name:
    Chuck
    East Coast
    Do you own the new ps4?

6. Nov 14, 2013 at 5:41 AM
    Juan Solo

Juan Solo Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnny
    Houston
    Vehicle:
    2014 4x4
    If I am not mistaken, the Playstation network will no longer be free on the PS4, but that isn't going to stop this guy from buying one! The Xbox One has a lot of fancy features as far as home entertainment, but as far as gaming it is the same as the 360.

7. Nov 14, 2013 at 5:48 AM
    ToyotaKTMracing

ToyotaKTMracing The Blue Warrior

Member:
    First Name:
    Shay
    West Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2008 DCSB Ink 4WD Auto
    285 BFG ATs, Custom dual exhaust system, 4" total lift (adjustable billies with 885 coils in front and AALs with 1" block in rear), interior LED lighting, LED reverse lights, LED license plate lights, fog light anytime mod, JVC KW-R500 stereo, 20" okledlightbars.com LED light bar, coverking seat covers
    You'll have to on PS4. $50 a year. Same if you bought 12 month gold membership for xbox. So in other words, the same. It's called playstation plus.

8. Nov 14, 2013 at 5:54 AM
    Paleus

Paleus Well-Known Member

Member:
    Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    '13 DCSB TSS 4x4
    I've always been a Playstation fan. I have an Xbox 360 now just because that is what all my friends have, but I've always thought the Playstation had better exclusive titles, barring Halo. The Playstation 4 is definitely the more powerful system vs the Xbox One.

9. Nov 14, 2013 at 5:58 AM
    ToyotaKTMracing

ToyotaKTMracing The Blue Warrior

Member:
    First Name:
    Shay
    West Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2008 DCSB Ink 4WD Auto
    285 BFG ATs, Custom dual exhaust system, 4" total lift (adjustable billies with 885 coils in front and AALs with 1" block in rear), interior LED lighting, LED reverse lights, LED license plate lights, fog light anytime mod, JVC KW-R500 stereo, 20" okledlightbars.com LED light bar, coverking seat covers
    And features wise, xbox will blow ps4 out of the water. It's crazy how technology has came along since the xbox 360 and ps3. I mean, the xbox recognizes who you are, will say your name when you walk in the room, you tell your xbox what to do without scrolling through menus and what not. It's just crazy how unreal gaming has became. I myself plan on getting an xbox one over the ps4. (Mainly because I've been playing halo since halo evolved and I can't stop now.) Plus the features on it amaze me on the xbox one. I've actually heard a lot of people going to ps4 from xbox mainly because of the price. But if you love those "xbox exclusive" games, the extra $100 won't really matter. And xbox has way more games than ps. All in all, if you're kids don't really care about halo, forza, xbox exclusive games and don't mind not having as many games as xbox, get a ps4. And remember ps does have most games xbox does. If the extra $100 doesn't bother you and your kids want all the features and xbox exclusives, get the xbox one.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2013
  10. Nov 14, 2013 at 6:11 AM
    Zoot

Zoot Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC/SB TRD O/R 4X4
    Toyota bed mat, Wet Okole's F&R, Window Tint, custom trail-stripes, Cooper A/T3 265/75R16, MedlinAround interior LEDs, Leer 100r, aFe air filter, K&n cabin filter
    Both have blu-ray now, however, PS4 can't play CD's or MP3s now.. probably some scam for you to buy Playstation music service I'm guessing.

11. Nov 14, 2013 at 6:13 AM
    TuFerLife

TuFerLife 2 4 LIFE!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Taylor
    Chattanooga, TN
    Vehicle:
    2011 Ford Raptor (I'm a traitor)
    I'm going the ps4 route, and I'm picking mine up at midnight. From what I've heard , the Xbox is going to be more of an all around entertainment system, whereas the play station is more geared towards gaming. And I don't give a crap about Xbox kinect, or recognizing my voice or anything... So I'm going with ps4. I'm sure your kids won't be disappointed no matter which one you buy though!

12. Nov 14, 2013 at 6:29 AM
    mdcmn7

Member:
    First Name:
    Chuck
    East Coast
    We were leaning toward the xbox, I have 3 boys, aged 14, 8 and 2 all of whom like different games. I like the idea of the kinect for the younger ones, and the 14 year old really like the 1st person shooters to play with his friends.

13. Nov 14, 2013 at 1:11 PM
    Paleus

Paleus Well-Known Member

Member:
    Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    '13 DCSB TSS 4x4
    This is probably the biggest deal of picking between the 2. I would prefer a Playstation but have an Xbox because that's what all my friends have.

14. Nov 15, 2013 at 12:59 PM
    ixsanctifiedxi

ixsanctifiedxi II corinthians 5:21

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Lynchburg, VA
    Vehicle:
    02 3.4L Double Cab 4x4
    Deck Plate Mod, OME 881's on 5100's set to 0", Dakar leafs in the rear with 5100's...
    The xbox one will be more family friendly than the PS4, because of the kinect and the child friendly games that will produced to work with that. The xbox will have way more features/apps. The PS4 is geared more towards the gamers and on paper has better graphics than the xbox, but the xbox is geared to be an "all in one entertainment system". With both systems you'll have to pay for online gaming. it's just a matter of which one you want to pay for with the PS4 coming in $100 cheaper than the xbox.

15. Dec 11, 2013 at 1:36 AM
    Khaos

Khaos Big Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryant
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC TRD SPORT Prerunner
    3” spacer lift, 285/75/17 KO2, Spidertrax 1.25” spacers
    I think the Xbox is the better console. I enjoy the Xbox exclusive games more, and the ability to use it as a cable box is nice, as well as the media streaming options.

I buy Live one year at a time and usually when its discounted, so I don't worry about that. I've got over a year left on my current subscription.

Check out the game Titanfall. Thats probably gonna be the first major Xbox One exclusive hit. And it looks awesome.

16. Dec 11, 2013 at 2:56 AM
    Forster46

Forster46 Very nice how much?

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Mount Vernon, WA
    Vehicle:
    The doritos locos taco
    6000k HID's, AUX Reverse Lights, 3" Rough Country Suspension Lift, Pioneer AVH-P4200 Double Din, Underglow and footwell Lights, Camo Seat Covers, Duralast Tool Box, Blacked Out Badges, Grill, Front Emblem, Midland CB Radio, Amber Strobes, POWER REAR WINDOW, cup holder LED's, Firestik 3' in bed, console divider, Ultragauge.
    Probably late now, but find out what most of his friends play on so he can actually play with them. I would go for the xbox, so your youngins can use kinect and all that as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top