Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

Nascar 2014 season

Old 01-22-2014, 01:45 PM   #21
ckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaToy1997 View Post
I'm curious about that because it says Daytona, but earlier they said they would not change the Daytona 500 qualifying method. I think sponsors as well as fans would throw a SERIOUS fit over that. I do know this, if they do get rid of the traditional Daytona 500 qualifying, I WILL be done with Nascar.
Probably referring to the Coke 400 in July.
Old 01-22-2014, 04:43 PM   #22
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: M1A2 hull/turret technician, 4th Maint Btn. 4th FSSG.
Name: Bill
BamaToy1997's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckeene9 View Post
Probably referring to the Coke 400 in July.
fortunately you are most likely correct. What bothers me is that instead of ASKING the fans of Nascar what we want to see for improvement, they just ASSUME we will all like their new ideas. Personally I HATE the new chase format. I have a feeling I am not the only one. As soon as people's favorite driver gets kicked out of the chase after the first race, we will hear more complaints for sure.
Old 01-22-2014, 04:46 PM   #23
ckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
I agree, the chase needs a major revamp!
Old 01-23-2014, 10:29 AM   #25
BostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
BostonBilly's Tacoma Gallery
I hate the idea of the new chase. They keep comparing it to stick and ball sports but it isn't and I don't want it to be. I like the new qualifying changes.
Old 01-23-2014, 10:42 AM   #26
The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs.
LukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: luke
LukeBo4x4's Tacoma Gallery
i work every sunday but i have a app on my phone so i check it regularly while im there, we have season tickets to the fall race at Charlotte always a good race
Old 01-28-2014, 03:18 PM   #27
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
Tony, Kevin, Kurt and Danica all on the same team. Good bye Hendrick dominance! I predict Danica to have a better year than Junior.
Old 01-28-2014, 03:57 PM   #28

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeesnob View Post
Tony, Kevin, Kurt and Danica all on the same team. Good bye Hendrick dominance! I predict Danica to have a better year than Junior.
Now that's some funny shit!
Old 01-29-2014, 02:18 PM   #30
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Instead of being a smart-a I will actually answer this with some class.
I think Danica will have a better year this year. She has been able to cut her teeth on some tracks she has never been on before, and now has a bit of a feel. I do not think she will have a better year than Dale Jr though. He had a pretty good season last year. his best Chase finish to date. I expect him to be more competitive. It will be interesting to see how he does with his new crew chief though. A solid relationship there is needed for any chance of success.
Old 01-29-2014, 03:17 PM   #31
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Instead of being a smart-a I will actually answer this with some class.
I think Danica will have a better year this year. She has been able to cut her teeth on some tracks she has never been on before, and now has a bit of a feel. I do not think she will have a better year than Dale Jr though. He had a pretty good season last year. his best Chase finish to date. I expect him to be more competitive. It will be interesting to see how he does with his new crew chief though. A solid relationship there is needed for any chance of success.

well those two are the weakest link on their prospective teams.
Old 01-29-2014, 08:30 PM   #32
ASE Master Tech

ok, Danica is on her second year in Cup, the others have several years under their belt. Smoke however still has to deal with his healing. I believe he was personally saying that he is less than 60% on his leg still. I think it will seriously affect his performance until that leg is better. So saying she is the weakest link is not really saying much. She needs to develop her skill.

Not sure how you get Dale Jr being the weak link. He finished the season 5th in points, ahead of two of his team mates, and that was AFTER he blew a motor in the first race of the Chase. He is just getting better.

I am going to guess that you just have a personal beef with the two of them. Try and be objective here. But yeah, I get the nay-sayers. I am used to it and still don't care. I am a fan through thick and thin.
Old 01-30-2014, 03:51 PM   #33

chase format change is a done deal.
Old 02-01-2014, 06:51 AM   #34
ASE Master Tech

Quote:
chase format change is a done deal.
I will give the new format a chance, but I still think by design it could knock out great competitors in the first round. Not exactly a fair shot. I mean you could win every race up to the first race of the chase, then a single engine failure in the first race and you are out? Not exactly their greatest idea for sure.
Old 02-01-2014, 07:15 AM   #35

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I will give the new format a chance, but I still think by design it could knock out great competitors in the first round. Not exactly a fair shot. I mean you could win every race up to the first race of the chase, then a single engine failure in the first race and you are out? Not exactly their greatest idea for sure.
I agree somewhat. An engine failure in your first race just gives you that much more drive to win race 2 or 3.
Old 02-01-2014, 08:19 AM   #36
Remember Your ABC's. Always. Be. Cool.
Bsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Brandon
Bsheriff11's Tacoma Gallery
Nascar 2014 season

I like this chase gimmick format, doesn't tackle the REAL problem in nascar but does create more excitement in the sport.

The real problem is nascar doesn't hire the best talent, just the best sponsored talent.

Funny I was reading that with this new format, last year Jr. Would've won the championship, after blowing an engine in the first chase race and despite not winning; I'm sure that was a selling point to the fans.
Old 02-01-2014, 09:14 AM   #37
BostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
BostonBilly's Tacoma Gallery
You can't look back at last year and say JR would have won cause it was a different chase format. Teams ran due to the rules and strategize due to the rules
Old 02-01-2014, 09:21 AM   #38

Not sure how you get Dale Jr being the weak link. He finished the season 5th in points, ahead of two of his team mates, and that was AFTER he blew a motor in the first race of the Chase. He is just getting better.

maybe I should reword it..of a raceday if you say who is the most unlikely of Hendricks teams to win a race you would have to say jr
Old 02-01-2014, 11:30 AM   #39
Remember Your ABC's. Always. Be. Cool.
Bsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Brandon
Bsheriff11's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBilly View Post
You can't look back at last year and say JR would have won cause it was a different chase format. Teams ran due to the rules and strategize due to the rules

Just stating a possible selling point for the new format. And you're right, teams would've ran differently with the new rules.
Old 02-02-2014, 05:04 AM   #40
ScreamingEagle101 is on a distinguished road

Army: SSG Ret., 506th Infantry, 101st Airborne Division
ScreamingEagle101's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I don't like the new format for the chase at all. Of course I never was a fan in the first place. I mean you could have a driver who has been kicking ass all season, and he gets into the chase. Have an engine go on the first race and he is then totally eliminated? Stupid. Even the best teams can get a crap motor. Then you get to the final race and the driver who has had the most consistent finishes and solid runs could lose the championship because he came in second and the guy that WAS 3 positions back in the points going INTO the race finishes first? Where the hell is the reward for consistency??? I don't like it at all. I have been a fan for years, and I am seriously getting to the point where I don't want to keep renewing my Talladega tickets. At this point I am on the fence here. Hopefully my favorite drivers will do good this year.
Here is the reward for consistency...if the new system were in effect in '13 consistency would have won the title.

Top 16
Wins (11 drivers): Matt Kenseth, Jimmie Johnson, Kyle Busch, Carl Edwards, Kasey Kahne, Kevin Harvick, David Ragan, Greg Biffle, Joey Logano, Martin Truex Jr., Ryan Newman.
Points (5 drivers): Clint Bowyer, Dale Earnhardt Jr., Kurt Busch, Jeff Gordon, Jamie McMurray

Top 12
Wins (2 drivers): Matt Kenseth (Chicagoland and New Hampshire), Jimmie Johnson (Dover)
Remainder of Top 12 (10 drivers): Kyle Busch, Jeff Gordon, Greg Biffle, Kevin Harvick, Ryan Newman, Clint Bowyer, Jamie McMurray, Kurt Busch, Dale Earnhardt Jr., Martin Truex Jr.

Top 8
Wins (2 drivers): Kevin Harvick (Kansas), Jamie McMurray (Talladega)
Points (6 drivers): Jimmie Johnson, Dale Earnhardt Jr., Jeff Gordon, Matt Kenseth, Clint Bowyer, Kurt Busch

Top 4
Wins (3 drivers): Jeff Gordon (Martinsville), Jimmie Johnson (Texas), Kevin Harvick (Phoenix)
Points (1 driver): Dale Earnhardt Jr.

Champion: Dale Earnhardt Jr.