Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

Nascar 2014 season

Old 06-12-2014, 07:50 AM   #521
Remember Your ABC's. Always. Be. Cool.
Bsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Brandon
Bsheriff11's Tacoma Gallery
Her contract runs through 2015 with Stewart-haas, I can't see her staying in nascar beyond that
Old 06-12-2014, 07:52 AM   #522
ckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bsheriff11 View Post
Her contract runs through 2015 with Stewart-haas, I can't see her staying in nascar beyond that
I can, she's a cash cow through advertisements and how much commentary is given to her.
Old 06-12-2014, 07:56 AM   #523
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: M1A2 hull/turret technician, 4th Maint Btn. 4th FSSG.
Name: Bill
BamaToy1997's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I tell you what. I will make you a bet. $50 says she will either renew her Cup contract with Haas, or sign with a new Cup team for 2016. Wanna take the bet?
Old 06-12-2014, 08:07 AM   #524
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Nascar 2014 season

I wouldn't be suprised to see her in a Haas F1 seat for 2016 , even if it was the reserve driver spot
Old 06-12-2014, 08:36 AM   #525
Bsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaToy1997 View Post
I tell you what. I will make you a bet. $50 says she will either renew her Cup contract with Haas, or sign with a new Cup team for 2016. Wanna take the bet?

How bout you give me a discount on an electrical upgrade and if you win I'll just pay full price
Old 06-12-2014, 09:12 AM   #526
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=ckeene9;8780151]I actually like MIS, been there once or twice when I was 6 or 7.

Perhaps it is different in person.
Old 06-12-2014, 09:57 AM   #527
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
I wouldn't be suprised to see her in a Haas F1 seat for 2016 , even if it was the reserve driver spot
It may be a reserve spot, but like I said, I seriously Haas will take her out of full season Cup. I mean I am not stupid here. While I feel that she is a talented driver, who will find herself being competitive soon enough, I am not blind to the fact that she brings SERIOUS money to not only Stewart-Haas, but to Nascar. She is the first woman to be truly accepted by the majority of the drivers. (I won't even get in to the hilarious article about what Mr. No-talent Kyle Petty said a while back)

So yeah, I can see her doing a provisional driver when she doesn't have a Cup commitment, and probably doing the double in 2016 like Kurt did this year.

Quote:
How bout you give me a discount on an electrical upgrade and if you win I'll just pay full price
Well unless you plan to wait until 2016 to get the electrical upgrade, I don't see how that will work. lol.
Old 06-12-2014, 10:00 AM   #528

EMS:
Quote:
Well unless you plan to wait until 2016 to get the electrical upgrade, I don't see how that will work. lol.

I'm guessing if she renews her contract it will be toward the end of the 2015 season, but I was just playing around, I'm not too much of a betting man
Old 06-12-2014, 10:05 AM   #529
ASE Master Tech

Hey no worries! Just showing my confidence in her career, that's all. lol
Old 06-12-2014, 01:01 PM   #530
se7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shedse7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shedse7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shedse7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shedse7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shedse7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shedse7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shedse7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shedse7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shedse7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shedse7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shed

se7enine's Tacoma Gallery
mediocre career
Old 06-12-2014, 01:13 PM   #531
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Nascar 2014 season

Quote:
It may be a reserve spot, but like I said, I seriously Haas will take her out of full season Cup. I mean I am not stupid here. While I feel that she is a talented driver, who will find herself being competitive soon enough, I am not blind to the fact that she brings SERIOUS money to not only Stewart-Haas, but to Nascar. She is the first woman to be truly accepted by the majority of the drivers. (I won't even get in to the hilarious article about what Mr. No-talent Kyle Petty said a while back)

So yeah, I can see her doing a provisional driver when she doesn't have a Cup commitment, and probably doing the double in 2016 like Kurt did this year

I'm going to speculate that the Haas F1 team would like to generate money off her media attention as well , basically what it says in the article I posted .
Old 06-12-2014, 07:53 PM   #532
Your mom goes to college
dwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derick
dwalden2's Tacoma Gallery
She actually had "success" in Indy. I could see her leaving in the next couple years if she keeps goin the way she is in NASCAR. After a while of suckitude you've gotta think she'd wanna go to where she might be able to compete.
Old 06-12-2014, 07:59 PM   #534
Your mom goes to college
dwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derick
dwalden2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerTaco View Post
I'd hit it.
If your'e talking about the wall, she would, too.

I'd hit it too, as long as she didn't talk...
Old 06-12-2014, 08:01 PM   #535

EMS:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerTaco View Post
I'd hit it.

Then you'd have more than a mildew problem in your RTT
Old 06-13-2014, 06:53 AM   #537
ASE Master Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by se7enine View Post
mediocre career
This is only her second year. Shesh. Some very successful drivers have had crappy rookie and 2nd years (and even more). Look at AJ Allmendinger for example. Pretty successful career at this point, but in his rookie season he failed to even QUALIFY for 19 of 36 races! (Danica qualified for every race of her rookie season) It took AJ 5 YEARS of driving to get where he is now. I am sure he is not the only one who took a long time to get where he is now. Sure he isn't a big name, but he has carved out a decent nich.

Oz, I agree with you that she would bring some great marketing money to F1, but I think she will draw more money in Cup. Granted I don't follow F1 racing, so I can't say that for a fact, but I know that she generates a lot of fan base and money where she is. I would think (in my opinion) "why take her out of what you KNOW brings in money, to put her where you DON'T know she will bring in the money." Again my opinion.
Old 06-13-2014, 07:09 AM   #538
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
This is only her second year. Shesh. Some very successful drivers have had crappy rookie and 2nd years (and even more). Look at AJ Allmendinger for example. Pretty successful career at this point, but in his rookie season he failed to even QUALIFY for 19 of 36 races! (Danica qualified for every race of her rookie season) It took AJ 5 YEARS of driving to get where he is now. I am sure he is not the only one who took a long time to get where he is now. Sure he isn't a big name, but he has carved out a decent nich.

Oz, I agree with you that she would bring some great marketing money to F1, but I think she will draw more money in Cup. Granted I don't follow F1 racing, so I can't say that for a fact, but I know that she generates a lot of fan base and money where she is. I would think (in my opinion) "why take her out of what you KNOW brings in money, to put her where you DON'T know she will bring in the money." Again my opinion.
I agree... her biggest draw is nascar
Old 06-13-2014, 07:26 AM   #539

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

The Haas F1 team is going to get an experienced F1 driver and their 2nd driver is going to be an American , I think it's either her or current Caterham reserve driver Alexander Rossi

NASCAR ~ American audience / races
F1 ~ Worldwide audience / races
Old 06-13-2014, 07:33 AM   #540
jbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I thought Danica got Tony's owner points and he would have used the champions provisional