Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

Nascar 2014 season

Old 02-16-2014, 02:23 AM   #121
gupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
gupster88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBilly View Post
That was a crazy save. I don't like kyle but the man can drive
Both the Busch brothers can drive, they are probably 2 of the most talented drivers out there. And I am saying this with a sour taste in my mouth as a Jimmie Johnson fan, but have to give credit where it's due. At one point, I couldn't stand either one of em. Kurt has earned my respect back by walking the straight and narrow for a while now. Kyle, I'll probably never care for him. After what he did to Hornady (I think) in the truck series race, I lost all respect for him.
Old 02-16-2014, 08:09 AM   #122
BostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
BostonBilly's Tacoma Gallery
I feel the opposite. I have no use for Kurt and his BS. I feel like he should have been bounced for the shit he pulled and said towards the reporters. They are doing their job and he cant control himself and starts threatening people? WTF.
Old 02-16-2014, 10:38 AM   #123
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: M1A2 hull/turret technician, 4th Maint Btn. 4th FSSG.
Name: Bill
BamaToy1997's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I feel the opposite. I have no use for Kurt and his BS. I feel like he should have been bounced for the shit he pulled and said towards the reporters. They are doing their job and he cant control himself and starts threatening people? WTF.
Add his brother Kyle to that list.
Old 02-16-2014, 03:41 PM   #125
gupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
gupster88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Eh, I tend to be on the forgiving side. Words are words, but what Kyle did to Hornaday...he could've hurt or even killed the guy. You don't deliberately put a guy nose first into a wall at 180 mph just because you'd had enough of him. Kurt threatening that reporter wasn't right either. But he paid his due by losing major sponsorship and a good ride for a couple years.

Quote:
Fuck dillon and childress that 3 should have stayed retired in respect to dale
I was, still am kinda, against the 3 being back. But I was glad to see Dillon qualify on the pole. Dale Sr would've wanted RC to still run his number.
Old 02-16-2014, 05:49 PM   #126
Remember Your ABC's. Always. Be. Cool.
Bsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Brandon
Bsheriff11's Tacoma Gallery
It's not so much that the 3 is being ran again in Nascar as it's who is driving it that bothers me. I feel like if you're gonna run that number you need to earn it, and a rookie just being given that legendary number is astounding to me, should've been retired IMO
Old 02-17-2014, 04:08 AM   #127
BostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
It would be like taking one of the legendary numbers down from the rafters in hockey or basketball and just handing it to a kid out of college
Old 02-17-2014, 08:32 AM   #128
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Fuck dillon and childress that 3 should have stayed retired in respect to dale
I don't LIKE that Childress decided to bring the number back, after swearing he wouldn't, but I see two schools of thought here. Right now owners are only allowed 4 cars. If Childress were to bring Dillon to cup and have a 4th driver, he would either have to put him in the 3, or give the number back to the Nascar pool of numbers. Now granted Nascar may have retired the number, but who knows? The other is that I would have appreciated that he would have respected Dale by using a different "font" for the number. It looks EXACTLY like Dale Sr's number 3 did. He should have showed more respect. I think it is possible that this race Childress will dominate, lacking an accident of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bsheriff11 View Post
It's not so much that the 3 is being ran again in Nascar as it's who is driving it that bothers me. I feel like if you're gonna run that number you need to earn it, and a rookie just being given that legendary number is astounding to me, should've been retired IMO
I can agree with you on this, that Dillon is not deserving of a cup number 3, but it WAS his number for his entire career in Nationwide I believe. And face it, while Dale Sr was the number 3, it wasn't ALWAYS his number.

Regardless I think that Childress himself showed poor character and has lost my respect.
Old 02-17-2014, 09:48 AM   #129
Bsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaToy1997 View Post
The other is that I would have appreciated that he would have respected Dale by using a different "font" for the number. It looks EXACTLY like Dale Sr's number 3 did. He should have showed more respect.

This is another thing that bothers, even more really, agree completely.
Old 02-19-2014, 03:21 AM   #130
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
This is another thing that bothers, even more really, agree completely.

Nascar isn't about " let's do what's right" It's about "how can we sell more tickets and television advertising dollars"
Old 02-19-2014, 03:39 AM   #131
cabo wabo has much to be proud ofcabo wabo has much to be proud ofcabo wabo has much to be proud ofcabo wabo has much to be proud ofcabo wabo has much to be proud ofcabo wabo has much to be proud ofcabo wabo has much to be proud ofcabo wabo has much to be proud ofcabo wabo has much to be proud ofcabo wabo has much to be proud of

Name: billy
cabo wabo's Tacoma Gallery
Go Bowyer #15
Old 02-19-2014, 06:24 PM   #132

EMS:
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeesnob View Post
Nascar isn't about " let's do what's right" It's about "how can we sell more tickets and television advertising dollars"

Wasn't NASCARs decision, it was the owner Childress'. But, of course, nascar is like that, tell me what sport isn't.
Old 02-20-2014, 03:26 AM   #133
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Wasn't NASCARs decision, it was the owner Childress'. But, of course, nascar is like that, tell me what sport isn't.

Doesn't nascar own the rights to the numbers
Old 02-20-2014, 03:29 AM   #134

Coast Guard:
Did anyone see the interview with Dale's wife? She was upset with childress running the three cause she was told it wouldn't be on the track again after Dale died
Old 02-20-2014, 08:59 AM   #135

Quote:
Did anyone see the interview with Dale's wife? She was upset with childress running the three cause she was told it wouldn't be on the track again after Dale died
It would have been best to let junior have it..take it to talladega and let him win one for the gipper.those fans down there would party for 6 months if that were to happen.
Old 02-20-2014, 09:03 AM   #136

Coast Guard:
Quote:
It would have been best to let junior have it..take it to talladega and let him win one for the gipper.those fans down there would party for 6 months if that were to happen.
That would have been awesome to see but even jr didn't want to run that number
Old 02-20-2014, 09:28 AM   #137

EMS:
Quote:

Yes and can allocate or revoke numbers as it sees fit and Owners own the trademarks of the numbers (stylized and non-stylized).
Old 02-20-2014, 05:27 PM   #138
ASE Master Tech

Quote:
The car owners draw lots on numbers that are available. Once they have the number, the owner has the right to keep that number for as long as they want, and will pay the fees for it. While ultimately Nascar is the main decision maker, the owner can keep the current number he has for as long as he wants to. That is why Richard Petty Racing still has Richard's iconic #43.

I liked the 1st duel tonight. Pretty decent race overall. I was happy to see Danica becoming more aggressive, and taking more chances. She didn't have a lock here. She had to race to get in. At a 14th place finish I think she has proven she has what it takes. She beat out other competitive drivers, including Kyle.
Old 02-21-2014, 01:38 PM   #139
Winker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
Winker's Tacoma Gallery
This is an oldie but I still think it's funny. Thank you Hank Hill
Quote:
The point is you don't just get money because you ask for it, you want to end up like Jeff Gordon?

Pertaining to the Pace car catching fire.
http://www.sportingnews.com/nascar/s...,-matt-kenseth

Quote:
Chevrolet issued a statement Sunday morning on the embarrassing incident:

“The pace car experienced a fire in the trunk area, which contains a purpose-built auxiliary electrical kit to operate the numerous caution lights during the race,” Chevrolet said in a statement. “The pace car driver and passenger safely exited the vehicle. An assessment is underway.”
Old 02-21-2014, 02:44 PM   #140
Fish On !!!
SH7mi is a splendid one to beholdSH7mi is a splendid one to beholdSH7mi is a splendid one to beholdSH7mi is a splendid one to beholdSH7mi is a splendid one to beholdSH7mi is a splendid one to beholdSH7mi is a splendid one to beholdSH7mi is a splendid one to behold
Name: Kevin
SH7mi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Case in point...Danica Patrick