LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

2014 NCAA Football Thread

Old 02-11-2014, 03:35 PM   #601
FSUtaco is a name known to allFSUtaco is a name known to allFSUtaco is a name known to allFSUtaco is a name known to allFSUtaco is a name known to allFSUtaco is a name known to all

Name: Cody
FSUtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PreRunner03 View Post
Meh, if it happens it happens. I never really enjoyed it, but it would be interesting to see where the two programs stand right now if they were to match up.
Mom went to A&M, so it was the game I looked forward to every Thanksgiving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexAggie View Post
^ I liked Strong too, but he seems to be getting that Longhorn (we're better) attitude. He really isn't good at press conferences IMO.
I get that impression too... about the attitude he is getting.
Old 02-11-2014, 06:48 PM   #602
Your mom goes to college
dwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derick
dwalden2's Tacoma Gallery
UGA now has 2 special teams coaches!

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/201...oaching-staff/

Quote:
Georgia and Mark Richt have been criticized heavily for not having a special teams coach, and the Bulldogs’ special teams unit was one of the worst in the SEC in 2013.

However, Richt has announced the Bulldogs don’t have just one special teams coordinator; they now have two.

Related: Georgia’s offseason checklist

Tight ends coach John Lilly will coordinate the offensive special teams (punt return, kickoff return and extra point/field goal), while inside linebackers coach Mike Ekeler will coordinate the defensive special teams (punt return block, kickoff and extra point/field goal block).

Running backs coach Bryan McClendon was also named the new recruiting coordinator, and he was responsible for landing top running backs Sony Michel and Nick Chubb, top defensive end Lorenzo Carter and receiver Isaiah McKenzie, among others.
Old 02-12-2014, 03:18 PM   #603
Your mom goes to college
dwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Mark Richt Curling, UGA Style

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=i_m_X5pwaMY

You'd think, with it being 2014, people wouldn't be recording with a dang potato.
Old 02-12-2014, 07:44 PM   #604
FSUtaco is a name known to allFSUtaco is a name known to allFSUtaco is a name known to allFSUtaco is a name known to allFSUtaco is a name known to allFSUtaco is a name known to all

FSUtaco's Tacoma Gallery
"Dee Ford, a woman from Gillingham, England, began receiving tweets and messages from Auburn fans after a strong performance by Tigersí defensive end Dee Ford in the Senior Bowl on Jan. 25. The England-based Ford soon realized that Auburn fans were mistaking her for the Tigersí star on Twitter."

http://college-football.si.com/2014/...ifts-dee-ford/

It seems Auburn fans ain't the smartest.
Old 02-12-2014, 07:47 PM   #605
Colossians 3:2
PreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ethan
PreRunner03's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUtaco View Post
"Dee Ford, a woman from Gillingham, England, began receiving tweets and messages from Auburn fans after a strong performance by Tigersí defensive end Dee Ford in the Senior Bowl on Jan. 25. The England-based Ford soon realized that Auburn fans were mistaking her for the Tigersí star on Twitter."

http://college-football.si.com/2014/...ifts-dee-ford/

It seems Auburn fans ain't the smartest.
If I read on bleacher report correctly, their athletic director made the mistake and apologized by sending her a bunch of auburn gear.
Old 02-12-2014, 07:52 PM   #606

FSUtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah it was an honest mistake by him. I just thought it was funny all the fans started tweeting at her when her picture is a white lady with a dog.
Old 02-18-2014, 12:51 PM   #607
Your mom goes to college

UGA dismissed starting safety Josh Harvey-Clemens.
Old 02-18-2014, 01:44 PM   #608
jbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwalden2 View Post
UGA dismissed starting safety Josh Harvey-Clemens.
And the Georgia downward spiral begins
Old 02-18-2014, 02:12 PM   #609
PreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Ole Miss had two linebackers arrested over the weekend. Denzel Nkemdiche and Serderious Bryant. If I read correctly, both are suspended.
Old 02-18-2014, 03:24 PM   #610
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
Old 02-18-2014, 06:44 PM   #611
Your mom goes to college

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmccul View Post
And the Georgia downward spiral begins
Eh. We were bound to get some of it. Ole Piss, Bama, Auburn have all had it happen so far this off season, you knew UGA had to get in on the fun. I just dn't understand how a kid with the world at his fingertips can't just calm the heck down and NOT smoke pot. I've never smoked it in my life...seems like it's been pretty easy to stay away from.
Old 02-18-2014, 06:44 PM   #612
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
GO LONGHORNS
Old 02-18-2014, 08:51 PM   #613

Quote:
Eh. We were bound to get some of it. Ole Piss, Bama, Auburn have all had it happen so far this off season, you knew UGA had to get in on the fun. I just dn't understand how a kid with the world at his fingertips can't just calm the heck down and NOT smoke pot. I've never smoked it in my life...seems like it's been pretty easy to stay away from.
Richt gave him several chances too. Maybe he'll learn his lesson outside of Athens?
Old 02-18-2014, 08:53 PM   #614
Your mom goes to college

Quote:
Richt gave him several chances too. Maybe he'll learn his lesson outside of Athens?
Hopefully so. He could have been a good one for us. Sucks for him. But I don't feel sorry for him. When you've been suspended for it twice, and decide to do somethin to get a in trouble a third time, you deserve whatever they give you.

He was suspended to start last year, and was suspended for the Bowl game, and the first 3 games of 2014. Now...HE GONE!
Old 02-18-2014, 08:59 PM   #615

Quote:
Hopefully so. He could have been a good one for us. Sucks for him. But I don't feel sorry for him. When you've been suspended for it twice, and decide to do somethin to get a in trouble a third time, you deserve whatever they give you.

He was suspended to start last year, and was suspended for the Bowl game, and the first 3 games of 2014. Now...HE GONE!
Is he going the juco route? Saw plenty of jokes on twitter asking if he could play quarterback.
Old 02-18-2014, 09:29 PM   #616
Your mom goes to college

Quote:
Is he going the juco route? Saw plenty of jokes on twitter asking if he could play quarterback.
Not sure. I haven't read anything else about it. Saw someone post earlier "At first I was upset about JHC getting booted, then I remembered he can't knock a ball down." And another one saying "Sorry, Auburn, JHC won't be there to hand you a TD next season."

He really had potential to be a good player, though. That's what sucks about it.
Old 02-18-2014, 09:36 PM   #617

Quote:
Not sure. I haven't read anything else about it. Saw someone post earlier "At first I was upset about JHC getting booted, then I remembered he can't knock a ball down." And another one saying "Sorry, Auburn, JHC won't be there to hand you a TD next season."

He really had potential to be a good player, though. That's what sucks about it.
Dude had some solid size to him. Seemed like a good athlete, from what little I've seen of him. I doubt his career ends here, and hopefully he can grow up a bit and learn from this mistake.

If he can get his act together, I wouldn't mind seeing him in Starkville in a couple of years.
Old 02-18-2014, 09:44 PM   #618
Your mom goes to college

I'm sure he'll go the JUCO route for a year. There's no way his career is over yet. He'll end up coming back to the SEC and destroying us in a few years I'm sure.
Old 02-19-2014, 09:34 AM   #619
I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.
mws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
This kid needs an offer... Senior DB at the high school where I graduated back in 2000...

Vestavia Hills DB tackles purse snatcher at Summit shopping center

Quote:
"I kind of thought about it for a second and looked at his hands to make sure he didn't have a knife,'' Hilburn said. "After that, I didn't think much about it. I ran and I tackled him. I put a knee in his neck and his face in the ground."

Only one thought really went through is head, Hilburn said. "When I got him in the air- I kinda body slammed him- and I thought he was a lot lighter than a Hoover running back."
Old 02-19-2014, 09:43 AM   #620

Quote:
Originally Posted by mws4ua View Post
This kid needs an offer... Senior DB at the high school where I graduated back in 2000...

Vestavia Hills DB tackles purse snatcher at Summit shopping center
A couple of thoughts:
1: You're old
2: That's a really cool story.