Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

Sochi Olympics

Old 02-10-2014, 12:48 PM   #22
I think I'm getting the Fear.
MY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: CH53-E Crewchief/Mechanic, HMH-464
Name: Mojo
MY50cal's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerrilla View Post
Figure skating girls
Old 02-14-2014, 01:29 PM   #23
MTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Weesa
MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Did we really need to dedicate half an hour of primetime to Plushenko's withdrawal? Yes, its sad that he was injured and not able to compete but I don't think it was necessary to waste that long on one athlete when so many others are getting over looked.
Old 02-14-2014, 05:15 PM   #24
Smurf it.
Guerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: 00
Guerrilla's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MY50cal View Post
I don't see anything. But please tell me it was a hot figure skating girl.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTgirl View Post
Did we really need to dedicate half an hour of primetime to Plushenko's withdrawal? Yes, its sad that he was injured and not able to compete but I don't think it was necessary to waste that long on one athlete when so many others are getting over looked.
Good point, plenty other deserving olympians.
Old 02-14-2014, 05:44 PM   #25
wileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Agreed. The politics should not be the focus of the games.

And the commentators are so damn negative! I was watching a little bit of the skating and snowboarding the other night and the commentators were bringing up all of these negative facts and statistics about the athletes - even the US ones! I get that they're just given a bio on each athlete that they're supposed to read from but at least try to put a positive spin on things, don't just keep pointing out their mistakes, flaws and injuries!
nbc's coverage has been abysmal, ...no surprise... if they were actual reporters they'd show more sports action and less passive-aggressive commentary, negativity, whining, etc... even the red-eyed midget couldn't take it anymore...
Old 02-14-2014, 05:49 PM   #26
wileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
there's a group trying to rally support to bring the 2026 games here to MT...its a joke. yes, we have some great ski hills here but that's about it.

http://www.bozeman2026.com/
...???... i've been to MT on a few occasions, ...skied Big Mountain (in the northern part of the state), ...it's a wonderful state, ..sure it's big and spread out, but there's a lot there... you could have the games a Big Sky resort alone
Old 02-16-2014, 04:29 PM   #27
MTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wileyC View Post
...???... i've been to MT on a few occasions, ...skied Big Mountain (in the northern part of the state), ...it's a wonderful state, ..sure it's big and spread out, but there's a lot there... you could have the games a Big Sky resort alone
Big Sky could handle the downhill competitions but there is no where up there to put the ski jump hills, or a terrain park...or facilities for the athletes and press or parking lots. The area they want to have the cross country ski competitions is a great course...but it only has parking for like 30 vehicles and is surrounded by private land. The existing venue that they want to use for the speed skating has been condemned for at least a decade. We don't have the infrastructure to handle large crowds. No real public transportation system. AND the 2 lane highways that lead to Big Sky and Bridger Bowl ski resorts would not suffice as evacuation routes in the event of an emergency/disaster so new highways would need to be built.
SO not only do you need to build the venues and housing facilities but you'd need to establish public transportation, new highways, more hotels, maybe a second hospital or trauma center and most of that would have to be built on private land. I don't see that many people selling out for that
Old 02-16-2014, 04:30 PM   #28

MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
oh...and you can see the Swedish cross country ski teams underoos through their race outfits

Old 02-17-2014, 05:27 PM   #29

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Big Sky could handle the downhill competitions but there is no where up there to put the ski jump hills, or a terrain park...or facilities for the athletes and press or parking lots. The area they want to have the cross country ski competitions is a great course...but it only has parking for like 30 vehicles and is surrounded by private land. The existing venue that they want to use for the speed skating has been condemned for at least a decade. We don't have the infrastructure to handle large crowds. No real public transportation system. AND the 2 lane highways that lead to Big Sky and Bridger Bowl ski resorts would not suffice as evacuation routes in the event of an emergency/disaster so new highways would need to be built.
SO not only do you need to build the venues and housing facilities but you'd need to establish public transportation, new highways, more hotels, maybe a second hospital or trauma center and most of that would have to be built on private land. I don't see that many people selling out for that
...couldn't you just use the runaway truck ramps on 90 where it crosses the divide?

...i think you have a good point about the transpo infrastructure being deficient though... when they had it in SLC in 2002, you had a nearby int'l airport the major highway running past the park city area...