Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

I need a new hobby/project

Old 03-28-2009, 07:57 PM   #1
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery
I need a new hobby/project

Hey guys, I'm hopefully moving into a new house at the end of april, and it has a nice big garage.
I want to start a smaller style build project, I was thinking one of those 125cc shifter kart thing would be a blast and not too hard to make.
I was also thinking of finding a sport bike that has been crashed, and doing some rebuilding on it.
I'll always have the truck, but I want something smaller and cheaper.
what do you guys think of the shifter cart thing?

what have you or do you guys do as hobby projects?
Old 03-28-2009, 07:59 PM   #2
Formarly 08TRD4X4RadientRed
Dockhead has a spectacular aura aboutDockhead has a spectacular aura about

Dockhead's Tacoma Gallery
Remote control stuff is always fun, not as expensive either.
Old 03-28-2009, 08:00 PM   #3
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rab89's Tacoma Gallery
yea I like to build though, I'd like to get a small welder and make something that can move me.
Old 03-28-2009, 08:00 PM   #4
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
an old beat up harley
Old 03-28-2009, 08:04 PM   #5

rab89's Tacoma Gallery
nah, I've got a honda shadow I'm trying to sell, I don't like the riding style of cruisers
Old 03-28-2009, 08:29 PM   #6
Bourbon
EquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Casey
EquinsuOcha's Tacoma Gallery
Find a beat up sport bike and throw the motor into a kart.
Old 03-28-2009, 08:59 PM   #7

rab89's Tacoma Gallery
that would be cool, I was thinking a 125cc 2 stroke dirtbike motor cause their nice and small. I would love to drift around in parking lots on one of those things.
Old 03-28-2009, 09:05 PM   #8
Bourbon
EquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Casey
EquinsuOcha's Tacoma Gallery
Nah...you gotta get a 500-600cc in there! Cage it, strap on a helmet, then go blow the doors off of some of you local Vettes!
Old 03-28-2009, 09:25 PM   #9

rab89's Tacoma Gallery
haha I'm in canada, I'd have to travel 4 hrs to get to any kind of racing, just looking for something cheap and fun to build.
Old 03-29-2009, 10:19 PM   #10

rab89's Tacoma Gallery
well, I just got accepted into a new house to rent and it has a nice big garage!!!!!!

My father passed on a 1989 fox body 5L ford mustang that he did a lot of work too, I think I'm going to re-do the interior for my project. I'll do a build thread when the time comes
Old 03-30-2009, 11:53 AM   #11
1 bad tacoma is on a distinguished road

1 bad tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
lawnmower racing me and my buddy are thinking of it we are going to sup up a old john deere of mine
Old 03-30-2009, 12:03 PM   #12
higherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
higherlux's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to higherlux
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 bad tacoma View Post
lawnmower racing me and my buddy are thinking of it we are going to sup up a old john deere of mine
2x
that would be hella fun
Old 03-30-2009, 12:06 PM   #13
Stayed Up Too Late
Untamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 0311-Bravo 1/23 4th Mar. Div. Reserves
Name: Adam
Untamed_SS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08TRD4X4RadientRed View Post
Remote control stuff is always fun, not as expensive either.
x2

me and my dad do helicopters.
Old 03-30-2009, 12:20 PM   #14
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
alongs those lines i was thinking about getting into powder coating. Yo need an oven, a gun you can get for about $100 and you c an use it on anything automotive, or on your bikes
Old 03-30-2009, 12:30 PM   #15
petersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Do you need to ask?! It's up there ^
petersharp's Tacoma Gallery
How about buying an old sand rail/buggy and doing it up?
Old 03-30-2009, 06:54 PM   #16
jrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jrobson's Tacoma Gallery
Do the shifter cart but with the motor from a GSXR1000 in it. Search on youtube for the videos of them, there are several. One guy is even driving around Miami at night in one with a motor from a Yamaha R1. Talk about fast. I'll try to find the link.
Old 03-30-2009, 07:00 PM   #17
jrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jrobson's Tacoma Gallery
Here it is. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dGoZ...eature=related

Tell me that would not be fun. There are plenty more on youtube under gixxercart.