Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

Official Frozen Four Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 06:33 AM   #1
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Talking Official Frozen Four Thread

Vermont made it into the Frozen Four!
GO CATS GO!
Nope not a April Fools Joke.
Yes, along with all the March Madness, next week the best in college hockey will showcase its talents in Washington, DC.
The tournement has a refreshing air with only Boston University bringing its first seed ranking to the Nation's capital.

UVM Defenseman Dan Lawson's one-timer from the point in double overtime tore the net & launched my beloved Catamounts to victory over Air Force 3-2!
With 94:10 worth of action, that goal was only counted after 2 minutes of play & 10 minutes of review happened
You can check out the video on espn, sorry for the commercial at the beginning ....
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/...=NCAAHeadlines

Sorry AF, if UVM hadn't been there, I would have been rooting for the men in Blue who pulled off an incredible upset over Michigan.

Games on ESPN2 next Thursday!!
My hometown boys will face BU coach Jack Parker, a former UVM hockey alum, & a talented BU team in one semi while Miami (Ohio) takes on Minnesota's Bemidji State.

Hopefully, UVM's 2nd only NCAA final four appearance will avenge the disappointment loss to Colorado College in double overtime back in 1996.
(I watched that game too. Martin St. Louis you rock!)
UVM has faced BU 3 times this past season winning 2 out of their 3 contests. Lets keep the puck bouncing our way ................. GO CATS GO!
http://www.gwsportsalliance.com/frozenfour/
Old 04-01-2009, 09:18 AM   #2
Thinks he's Steve McQueen
squad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Marc
squad314's Tacoma Gallery
....Go Catamounts!

Judy,when Martin St.Louis left Vermont,he came to my City to play for the Calgary Flames AHL affiliate Saint John Flames.We loved him here and what a career he's gone on to have.

Good Luck!
Old 04-02-2009, 05:53 AM   #3
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by squad314 View Post
....Go Catamounts!

Judy,when Martin St.Louis left Vermont,he came to my City to play for the Calgary Flames AHL affiliate Saint John Flames.We loved him here and what a career he's gone on to have.

Good Luck!
Thanks Marc, yes Martin is small but makes things happen, I was totally happy for him & Eric Perrin on Tampa Bays cup! Shows how your attitude means everything. He had a lot of naysayers.

Tim Thomas & Torrey Mitchell (healthy) too. Other class acts!

Guess not so many College hockey fans or hockey in general?
Thats Ok well here's bumpage for the green & gold!

GO CATS GO!
Old 04-02-2009, 06:36 AM   #4
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
I used to watch U Of M play on tv when I lived in Michigan, but hockey is pretty much non existent where I live now.
Old 04-09-2009, 05:14 PM   #5
Wag More Bark Less

15 Minutes to the puck drops, ESPN2!!
GO Cats GO
Old 04-12-2009, 09:38 AM   #6
Thinks he's Steve McQueen
squad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Marc
squad314's Tacoma Gallery
Jude,sorry it didn't work out for you guys.I didn't see any of it but read the recap online........Sounds like quite a game!
Old 04-13-2009, 06:27 AM   #7
Allow myself to introduce myself...
Whataboutbob is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhataboutbob is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhataboutbob is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhataboutbob is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhataboutbob is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhataboutbob is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhataboutbob is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhataboutbob is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhataboutbob is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhataboutbob is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhataboutbob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Whataboutbob's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats to BU, 2009 hockey national champs!! what a comeback!!
Old 04-13-2009, 07:37 AM   #8
Wag More Bark Less

Quote:
Originally Posted by squad314 View Post
Jude,sorry it didn't work out for you guys.I didn't see any of it but read the recap online........Sounds like quite a game!
Thanks Marc -- BU is amazing, crisp passing, to think Gilroy was a walk-on...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretSquirrel View Post
Last night's game was crazy...

Miami of Ohio had a 2 goal lead with a minute left and lost the game...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whataboutbob View Post
Congrats to BU, 2009 hockey national champs!! what a comeback!!
Hats off to all the teams, it was a great tournament filled with great hockey & goes to show you how things can turn around oh so quickly

BU will proudly raise another banner next season, can't wait for Oct to start