Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

Longboarding anyone?

Old 04-02-2009, 02:18 PM   #1
mall crawlin', web wheelin', concrete cowboy
FlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
FlawedXJ's Tacoma Gallery
Longboarding anyone?

Hadn't seen this talked about much....Figured I'd see who's into longboarding. I absolutely love it...never thought i'd ever be the type to buy a longboard but i have and use it every day.

Post up your board and any cool stories and what not.

I'm going to go take a picture of my current board in a sec.

Here it is....

It's a bustin strike w/ 180mm R-II's and some abec11 70mm 88A flashbacks.

Its a pretty good board. A little stiff for my liking but its fast and stable.

Currently having to take a break right now cause i fucked up sunday night and beefed pretty hard. Knocked my shoulder outta socket and tore my labram. PT for 2 months....woohoo.
Old 04-02-2009, 02:22 PM   #2
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
I re-glassed an abandoned 8'6" board in college....Don't even know what kind it was. Surfed Rhode Island beaches 4 days a week and at least all day one day a weekend for most of my sophomore and junior years (including the winter). Surfed the Outer Banks on it too.

I swapped to a shortboard after that...and then Kiteboarding, and since then have sold all my boards except my snowboard....

If I move somewhere that surfing is better for my next unit, I'll probably pick up a new board or an ocean kayak...
Old 04-02-2009, 02:26 PM   #3
FlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

if its on a board you must enjoy it lol.
Old 04-02-2009, 02:32 PM   #6

i wish we had runs like that where i'm at. at most i can a minute outta something mild.
Old 04-02-2009, 02:35 PM   #9
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
that looks so cool. bout how fast were yall going?
Old 04-02-2009, 02:36 PM   #11

nice. I'm not very comfortable at 35 with the wheels i have right now. On my 66A's i'm fine.
Old 04-02-2009, 02:37 PM   #12
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
wow. AWESOME
Old 04-02-2009, 02:41 PM   #13
East Bound and Down
Dark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
Dark Knight's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesaflaw123 View Post
nice. I'm not very comfortable at 35 with the wheels i have right now. On my 66A's i'm fine.
haha I'm not very comfy at 35 either!
Old 04-02-2009, 02:43 PM   #14

where is that run by the way
Old 04-02-2009, 03:36 PM   #17

like it. those 150's?
Old 04-02-2009, 03:39 PM   #18
East Bound and Down
Dark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
Dark Knight's Tacoma Gallery
tell ya the truth I dont know much about the parts on it, they say 75A on them so i guess 75 mm. I bought it as a package deal to keep me busy when snowboarding is in the off season
Old 04-02-2009, 03:41 PM   #19

haha ok.
Old 04-04-2009, 03:40 PM   #20
ERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to all
ERdept's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesaflaw123 View Post
Hadn't seen this talked about much....Figured I'd see who's into longboarding. I absolutely love it...never thought i'd ever be the type to buy a longboard but i have and use it every day.

Post up your board and any cool stories and what not.

I'm going to go take a picture of my current board in a sec.

Here it is....

It's a bustin strike w/ 180mm R-II's and some abec11 70mm 88A flashbacks.

Its a pretty good board. A little stiff for my liking but its fast and stable.

Currently having to take a break right now cause i fucked up sunday night and beefed pretty hard. Knocked my shoulder outta socket and tore my labram. PT for 2 months....woohoo.

That board looks pretty stable considering how wide the trucks are.

When I started boarding, (I'm 43), we has skateboards with chalk wheels, then boards advanced and had a kick tail, and got bigger, now I see boards with really skinny wheels that I don't know what the advantage of that is.

So the sport grew, died, and grew back again.