Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

Spin casting rod

Old 08-01-2014, 02:10 AM   #1
koditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kirk
koditten's Tacoma Gallery
Spin casting rod

What happened in the last couple years that all spin casting rods seem to have these extra long butt handles?

I'm in need of a new steelhead, spin casting rod. I intend to use this rod to fish for coho salmon as well. All I can find is these rods with rediculiously long butt handles. If I want a 9' rod, I don't want a foot of it to be in the handle.

Anyone have any ideas where I can find a decent spin casting rod, I will be forever greatful.

Later

KO
Old 08-08-2014, 12:14 PM   #2
R3dTaco671 is on a distinguished road
R3dTaco671's Tacoma Gallery
I kinda like using the rods with a longer butt for better leverage when fishing off the reefs or from shore...really helps controlling some of the hard fighting salt water fish like the trevally's. I used to have a few rods that had short butt ends but it really puts a strain on your wrist when fighting 10-20lb Trevallys on light tackle(12-15lb mono) 4k size reel. I used to get a Rod Bldg brochure from Cabela's....bought my first 9' steelhead rod from there. They have a pretty wide selection of blanks.
Old 08-08-2014, 12:17 PM   #3
كافر‎
kenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Kenneth
kenneth.morris07's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by koditten View Post
What happened in the last couple years that all spin casting rods seem to have these extra long butt handles?

I'm in need of a new steelhead, spin casting rod. I intend to use this rod to fish for coho salmon as well. All I can find is these rods with rediculiously long butt handles. If I want a 9' rod, I don't want a foot of it to be in the handle.

Anyone have any ideas where I can find a decent spin casting rod, I will be forever greatful.

Later

KO
I haven't seen those on rods with spinning reels. Only seen it with bait-casters. It's supposed to help with the balance or something.
Old 08-23-2014, 05:58 PM   #4
License2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
License2Ill's Tacoma Gallery
Just buy a 9' fly pole and throw a spin-caster on there. That's my go to float-fly setup.
Old 08-23-2014, 06:00 PM   #5
koditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kirk
koditten's Tacoma Gallery
Thats a great idea. I got plenty of fly rods.

Thanks
kO