Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

Kayak hoist on ceiling? Anyone got one?

Old 08-07-2014, 11:05 AM   #1
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Kayak hoist on ceiling? Anyone got one?

Anyone have a kayak hoist from the ceiling?

We currently have Malone J-doc (which is awesome) on the wall but we need to relocate the kayaks to make more room.

I'm limited with space and afraid I won't be able to find a hoist system that will fit. The hoist systems I've seen, the pulley mechanism takes up so much room. The only good place I can mount them, is above the garage doors. I was hoping I could find something that tucks the kayaks up against the ceiling. We have two kayaks to hang.

Maximum room we have (approx) is 25" above the garage door. The kayaks are 14 1/2" high.

I've seen several systems that are pretty cheap - Under $30 on Amazon. I've also seen some that are over $100. Cost isn't much of an problem as long as it works (and lasts) to exactly what we need.

Any thoughts? Suggestions?
Old 08-27-2014, 02:33 AM   #2
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richardvin View Post
Put them on the top of your car to make more room.

I couldn't get IN the garage!! LOL

Actually....we bypassed that idea and bought a 2nd set of Jhooks and mounted them higher on the wall. We just need a couple step stools & teamwork to get them down when we need 'em.