Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

Havre De Grace, MD. lighthouse and funny story

Old 04-16-2009, 07:44 AM   #1
go shit in your hat
brianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shed
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
Havre De Grace, MD. lighthouse and funny story

So while I was living in Christiana/Ogletown, DE. back on '07, I found out there the Concorde pt. lighthouse in Havre De Grace, MD. (right next to the RR tracks, how I found it).

My mother Mary is a lighthouse nut, so even though she is from Philly, and also lived in Fredrick, Md. and Harrisburg, Pa....she'd never been to see the lighthouse...if I didnt go see it for her and get a souvenir she'd kick my ass.

One particular morning, I woke up and decided that me and the then g/f, and my best friend from Carrcroft were going to barge it down there to Havre De Grace for some gift gathering. Along the way, we were going to try every custard stand, and jerky stand (only saw one ).

We jumped on the 40, and powerred it out to Bear, then Glasglow for some kick ass custard. I dont have a photo, but at one of the custard stops, my best friend shoved his custard into my face, and I was covered.

Once we got into Havre de Grace, I learned there was a prized collectors item among east coast light house enthusiasts...a blanket featuring several lighthouse. I knew my mother would think this shits the cats ass, seeing as how she likes to sit in her big comfy chair and do nothing...

After we snatched up the second to last schwag they had in the gift shop, the slut wanted to barge it back to Perryville to gorge herself on some more ice cream at some window walk up parlor.

We barely made it before they closed, and I never heard the end of that.

Heres some pics;

The then slut ex g/f next to the Brandywine near our place.

NEC bridge over the Chesepeake/Sesquehana.

a train I worked on crossing the bridge at 90-ish MPH.

Sesquehana river. I-95 turnpike bridge slightly visible behind railroad bridge.

Perryville depot, I stopped here daily.

crappy house in Perryville, across from the ice cream place, and depot.

Old 04-16-2009, 07:47 AM   #2
go shit in your hat
brianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shed
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
I cant' find the photo of her lighthouse blanket, but as soon as I do, I'll post it up.