Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

Madden retires!

Old 04-16-2009, 08:51 AM   #6
Aspiring wrench monkey
TacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of light

TacoCo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornTaco View Post
So did I! Football broadcasts just won't be the same anymore...
I cringe at the thought of listening to the likes of Tirico, Kornheiser and Jaworski... terrible.
Old 04-16-2009, 08:54 AM   #7
bobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bobwilson1977's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Man, I liked to hear his jibberish while announcing a game. Like longhorn i grew up listening to him, so his voice and football go together.
That's funny because when me and my wife watched the super bowl ( we don't watch tons of football) I couldn't understand half of what he was talking about. It was like he'd go off into the twilight zone or something.

The guy has been around forever. He has also looked the same as far as I can remember.
Old 04-16-2009, 09:06 AM   #8
Thinks he's Steve McQueen
squad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Marc
squad314's Tacoma Gallery
I'm another one that think his voice just sounds like football.I liked him beause of his imperfections and his ramblings.Too many announcers these days just sound too sterile and cookie-cutter.He is to the NFL what Harry Caray was to the Cubs,who was at his best when he was getting a big buzz on.
Old 04-16-2009, 10:14 AM   #10
go shit in your hat
brianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shed
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
thank christ.
Old 04-16-2009, 10:15 AM   #11
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by squad314 View Post
I'm another one that think his voice just sounds like football.I liked him beause of his imperfections and his ramblings.Too many announcers these days just sound too sterile and cookie-cutter.He is to the NFL what Harry Caray was to the Cubs,who was at his best when he was getting a big buzz on.
x2
Old 04-16-2009, 10:48 AM   #12
thecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

thecoldone06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianr View Post
thank christ.
x2
Old 04-16-2009, 10:53 AM   #14
808trdsport has a spectacular aura about808trdsport has a spectacular aura about

808trdsport's Tacoma Gallery
http://soundboard.com/sb/john_madden_clips.aspx

one of the last great color commentators.
Old 04-16-2009, 10:54 AM   #15
Aspiring wrench monkey
TacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of light

TacoCo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by With Leather (a sports blog)
Early reports that Madden’s chair in the NBC booth will be filled by Al Michael’s Ego. Fortunately, Madden was a big guy.
Old 04-16-2009, 11:15 AM   #17
Go Vick ??? Go Birds !!!
Rtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rtrn2taco's Tacoma Gallery
I like Madden, but in recent years I have become annoyed with him constantly pointing out the obvious. I think he is slowly losing his mind and it showed through his commentary.
Old 04-16-2009, 11:19 AM   #18
Thinks he's Steve McQueen
squad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Marc
squad314's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtrn2taco View Post
I think he is slowly losing his mind

Then again,aren't we all.....
Old 04-17-2009, 03:02 PM   #19
DesmoBob is on a distinguished road

DesmoBob's Tacoma Gallery
I'm a little bummed. I grew up listening to Summerall and Madden. It was like Abbott and Costello. Not that they were being funny, but it was a good match with the straight guy paired with the colorful guy.

Like someone else said, I didn't pay much attention to him recent years. But his voice in the background just sounded like football. I can tolerate Michaels.
Old 04-17-2009, 03:11 PM   #20
Can you pass the bailout please?
LonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
LonghornTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesmoBob View Post
I'm a little bummed. I grew up listening to Summerall and Madden. It was like Abbott and Costello. Not that they were being funny, but it was a good match with the straight guy paired with the colorful guy.

Like someone else said, I didn't pay much attention to him recent years. But his voice in the background just sounded like football. I can tolerate Michaels.
+1 to all of that...