1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Any runners or joggers out there?

Discussion in 'Sports, Hobbies & Interests' started by 04LTtacoma, Aug 30, 2014.

1. Aug 30, 2014 at 8:40 PM
    04LTtacoma

04LTtacoma [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Oregon
    So about a month and half ago I started jogging/running to get ready for this 10 mile 20 obstacle challenge. At first when I started to run I ran a bit too hard (ran 4.5 miles first day, second day ran 2.75 all uphill and downhill, ran another 4 miles, then 3 to finish off the week) causing my left knee to hurt so I was out for about two weeks. In the two week period I took Ibuprofen and iced the knee regularly to reduce the pain. Right before the 10 mile challenge I ran 3 miles, my knee didn't feel funny or hurt.

After running the 10 mile challenge with 20 obstacles my feet ached and my knee hurt a little bit. I also pulled a muscle in the rib area so I was hurting there as well. So I took about two weeks off before I started running again. After about 1.5 miles my left knee would feel funny... It didn't necessarily hurt just felt like the joint wasn't fixed... So I purchased a Mueller knee brace which aided the knee while I was running again. I also noticed when I run my right leg seems to hurt quicker than the left because I am putting more weight on the right than left?

Literally I try to distribute the weight evenly but my body won't let me because of my knee.

Anyway to lose the knee brace and run evenly?

I've got another 10 mile 20 obstacle challenge I entered at the end of next month. I run 3 times over a week leaving a day in between to rest. Every other week I am trying to go up one mile so next week I run 4 miles, then 5 miles the next. My running time is decent about 8min per mile. I am trying to bring the time down to 7min per mile.

Twize likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top