Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

Drag racing

Old 10-20-2007, 01:28 PM   #1
Carolina Alliance: LAZY DIVISION
AUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant future
AUDITECH's Tacoma Gallery
Drag racing

I have got to stop going back to my old cars web page.

These young little kids think there words on a screen can out do physics

FWD import (acura rsx-s, civic si, corolla xrs, vw gti)

One poster said that these cars can run as fast as 14.7 in the 1/4. Im sorry i have been to the strip one to many times if someone has seen a BONE STOCK version of one of these cars run under 15's then i will be impressed. I would still have to see the engine and underside of the car and the truck to make sure no bottles.
Old 10-20-2007, 01:57 PM   #2
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
i havent looked at the other car yet, but the new civic si is only 2886lbs and 197hp and on a 1/4 mile calc it showa a 15.0 if its hp based at the flywheel...and a 14.25 if its based at the wheels

EDIT: the 2005 rsx-s has 210 hp @ 240lbs...giving is a 13.8 at the wheels or a 14.6 at the wheels...all estimated
and i havent found a weight on the new gti's but they are a turbo'ed 200hp.....and i know this vw will beat a 14 second 1/4 stock...hahaLINKY!!

and u didnt mention this one, but these are some time for a stock 05 srt-4 that i found online...
Best run, was the first run..

14.560@97.21
60ft: 2.426
1/8: 9.557@80.06

Worst run

14.899@98.12
60ft: 2.582
1/8: 9.913@79.10
Old 10-20-2007, 02:12 PM   #3
AUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant future
jhodge i would still have to see it. the hp to wght is there but the dont have the torque. the new civics torque is like 120 range.
Old 10-20-2007, 02:20 PM   #4
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

the new si's torque is listed on the honda site as 139..the gti has 200hp and 207 ftlbs torque on 3200lbs
Old 10-20-2007, 05:01 PM   #5
ok the new honda is higher than i thought.

The srt4 is not allowed in this conversation. i know what it can do. haa haa
Old 10-20-2007, 05:13 PM   #6
Sooooooper Moderator

i think that even an extended cab 98+ s-10 w/ the 4.3L would do a quarter in the high 15's stock. if u want another good one...My Dream Truck...besides the Taco!
Old 10-21-2007, 03:38 AM   #7
Yea i know about your dream truck. Then there was also the typhoon.
Old 10-21-2007, 07:21 AM   #8
Sooooooper Moderator

yeah...i didnt like the looks of the typhoon...dunno why. my frind got a hold of one of the old mitsubishi turbos from the syclone and was gonna put it on his built 4.3L and drop it in a 99 2dr blazer....basically making his own typhoon in a way. he bought it from a junk yard w/ a totalled front end and frame damage. i helped him do a frame swap and convert it to an s-10's 5spd. as far as i know, there were never any 98+ manuals in the blazers...that was a hell of a process
Old 10-21-2007, 10:07 AM   #9
Sounds like it. You free to go to rockingham on dec 1st test and tune. Im going to run thr prerunner just to see what it will do.
Old 10-21-2007, 10:28 AM   #10
Sooooooper Moderator

i'm currently off that day...hadnt heard anything about it...what all are they doing? and is it pure bracket, class, or free runs?
Old 10-21-2007, 01:30 PM   #11
I think its 15 bucks and just test and tune no brackets just see what you can do. The last schedule event of the year. A friend of mine is taking his trailblazer ss
Old 10-21-2007, 01:37 PM   #12
Sooooooper Moderator

not bad...is urs completely stock? and is it manual or auto? just for comparison sake
Old 10-21-2007, 01:51 PM   #13
11secgt is on a distinguished road

11secgt's Tacoma Gallery
gotta love me some "street treats"
Old 10-21-2007, 04:04 PM   #14
im bone stock auto. And i usually cut a pretty good light.
Old 10-21-2007, 04:28 PM   #15
Sooooooper Moderator

if i go i'd like to run ya a time or two...lol...only performance i have is the k&n drop in...removed secondary filters...and the magnaflow...and the upgraded suspension tsb if u'd count that. it'd be nice to compare stock to what i've got now.
Old 10-21-2007, 04:45 PM   #16
sure i aint skeered haa haa
Old 10-21-2007, 04:51 PM   #17
Sooooooper Moderator

i'll talk to the old lady and see what she thinks...lol
Old 10-21-2007, 05:05 PM   #18
Sooooooper Moderator

oh...and are there any special requirements...ie helmet, etc? or just put ur crap out there and run?
Old 10-21-2007, 05:35 PM   #19
11secgt is on a distinguished road

11secgt's Tacoma Gallery
usually the first piece of safety equipment needed is the helmet..if your at the 1/4 mile tracks the time that stipulates that is a 13.99..anything slower (14 seconds plus) dont require anything special... no matter what you run i would have a helmet anyway... anything can happen, plus you never know what the person in the other lane is gonna do.. as your times drop you will start to be required to have other safety equipment for example driveshaft safety loop, fire suit, cage emergency shut off switch etc
Old 10-21-2007, 05:43 PM   #20
Sooooooper Moderator

i dont think any yotas are gonna be needing any of that...cept maybe some turbo'd or supercharged xrunners...i doubt our trucks will see 17's...lol

EDIT: well according to the 1/4 mile calc's i've been using, they say the DC SB w/ auto 4.0 should do around a 15.8 stock...we'll see i guess