Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

Bowling Balls. Who bowls.

Old 04-25-2009, 12:06 PM   #1
Stayed Up Too Late
Untamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 0311-Bravo 1/23 4th Mar. Div. Reserves
Name: Adam
Untamed_SS's Tacoma Gallery
Bowling Balls. Who bowls.

Hey! Who bowls? What kind of ball do you have? Weight? What do you like about it?

I'm getting a bowling ball on tuesday. I bowl about 2-3 time a week on a good week. My average is around 145. Not very consistent though, cause I just use the balls they have at the bowling alley. But I've decided to buy a ball. A Brunswick Swarm. I've heard quite a few good things about them and my local pro shop guy says they are pretty good. He encourages me to get a 14lb ball cause I'm a little bit bigger dude. I normaly use a 12 or 14.

So, I was just curios, who bowls?
Old 04-25-2009, 12:13 PM   #2
Vincent is just really niceVincent is just really niceVincent is just really niceVincent is just really niceVincent is just really nice
Name: Vincent
Vincent's Tacoma Gallery
im a bowler. i live in cali though. i havent bowled since december of 08 due to a sprained right wrist. yup im a righty.
i average 198-201 from 06-07 with my right hand.
with my left i bowl an average of 160-170 range.

i do it mainly for fun. i have a discontinued ball columbia 300 super trooper. 14 pounds as well.
joined leagues here and there won a few ps3s in the tournaments. lol.. a bunch of ipods.

but yeah.. i say just get to know your ball.. im pretty much a straight bowler.. i got some hook but nothing major.. kinda like a walter ray and norm duke style.

how is your style of bowling? i can help you out with what ball i had experience with and may be you can special order it.
Old 04-25-2009, 12:19 PM   #3
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
My husband and I used to bowl a lot many many years ago.

I have a 10lb Purple Hammer fingertip ball (If I remember correctly).
My husband has a couple balls () Rhino and Hammer.

I can't remember what my average used to be, but I'll always remember my high game 237. I had that score sheet printed out and saved!!!

We used to bowl in a lot of leaques. That was a blast. If I had a set work schedule, I'd love to get back into it again.
Old 04-25-2009, 12:21 PM   #4
Stayed Up Too Late
Untamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I couldn't begin to explain my style I know what dot to start on. And what arrow to roll over. lol. I'm right handed and usually hook the ball. Unless I need to pick up a spare that is mostly on the right side. Then I bowl left handed, or "reverse spin" (i guess thats what you would call it) to try to pick it up.

I don't really know the categories of bowling style, so I guess I can't really put myself in a certain one. =/ Make since?
Old 04-25-2009, 01:32 PM   #6
Carolina Alliance: LAZY DIVISION
AUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant future
AUDITECH's Tacoma Gallery
no 300 here but had a 214 avg. I use very outdated stuff. If i were you and if you dont take it real serious i dont think i would spend to much money how much you looking at spending with drilling and ball.
Old 04-25-2009, 01:36 PM   #7
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
i cant bowl worth a shit....at all!!!! my balls try to go is another lane sometimes. gimme quite a few beers tho.........i'll roll strikes like a pothead rollin a blunt!!!
Old 04-25-2009, 01:36 PM   #8
Stayed Up Too Late

Well, I found it on bowlingball.com for like $90. Plus local shop charges 45 plus like 15 or so for drilling and inserts.

Or I could just buy it from his shop for $145 with free drilling and inserts.

I'm happy with that price. So, thats probably what I'm going to do. I'm not a hardcore serious league bowler, but I really enjoy it and go pretty often.
Old 04-25-2009, 01:38 PM   #9
Stayed Up Too Late

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
i cant bowl worth a shit....at all!!!! my balls try to go is another lane sometimes. gimme quite a few beers tho.........i'll roll strikes like a pothead rollin a blunt!!!
Holy Crap! Nice!

When I got drunk one night at the bowling alley, I bowled the wrong lane, and almost got in a fight. Luckily all I had to do was stand my ground and look BA and the other guy just crapped out! It was hilarious. To me at least.

So, in conclusion, I can't bowl when I'm a little intoxicated.
Old 04-25-2009, 01:39 PM   #10
www.EvolvedFinance.com
ccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
ccoorreeyy's Tacoma Gallery
I bowl and love it! I've been bowling for 15 years now (off and on) and I'm only 20. My uncle taught me how. We was an ammeter. He bowled probably 10-12 300's and many 297's, and all other's close to 300.

I haven't bowled since I broke my collarbone last January though.

I have a 13lb ball but for some reason right now, I'm drawing a blank on the make. I love it though. I don't go enough so when I do go, I have to spend sometime adjusting my body to get the right feel. Then, after a while, my fingers start to hurt and I have to bowl normal (no hook-shot).

Glad there's some bowlers on this site!
Old 04-25-2009, 01:47 PM   #11
Stayed Up Too Late

Cool man. I have plenty of pics of the bowling around here. Actually thats where I met all my girl friends except my last one. It is a blast and very popular in my area. It is always crowded and plenty of hot women around. And the awesome 110 oz beer tubes I'm not allowed to buy.
Old 04-25-2009, 01:54 PM   #12
Carolina Alliance: LAZY DIVISION
AUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant future
AUDITECH's Tacoma Gallery
that price sounds good
Old 04-25-2009, 03:14 PM   #14
Dirty White Boy
Marc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marc
Marc M's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Marc M
I bowl in a league on monday nights, well it just ended 2 weeks ago. I've been bowling about 5 years. I started this season with a 192 average and ended it with a 180 average. Highest game ever was a 255.

I bowl with a Bruswick Swamp Monster. Had the guy at the pro shop get me the heaviest 16 lb. ball he could get. Once it was drilled, it ended up being just under 16 lbs. I had my ball drilled as a fingertip ball.

How the ball will react depends alot on the guy drilling the ball. Find someone that will do it right.

I bowl a nice hook and this ball is excellent on an oily lane. Just remember, they oil in different patterns etc. when they run the machine down the lane. It depends on their schedule though as to how often they do it. I don't know if there is a standard.