Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

My new Hobby : RC Drift Cars FD3S rx-7 56k get a Beer

Old 04-26-2009, 09:43 PM   #1
Smacking Yo Hater$!!
MrSmackAttack has a spectacular aura aboutMrSmackAttack has a spectacular aura aboutMrSmackAttack has a spectacular aura about

MrSmackAttack's Tacoma Gallery
My new Hobby : RC Drift Cars FD3S rx-7 56k get a Beer

well recently pick up an RC Drift Car after seen videos on youtube .. here some pics of it ...

It's a tamiya Drift spec TT-01 rx-7 aka FD3s.. version with LED lights.. here some pics... also let me know the goods and bad if you had or have this kit b4....

The LED set Up : sry horrible pic.. ill get some better ones..soon

lil Gif 360 of my car..

Night Pics With LED's ;D

This is coming soon buying this body ...

or this one

check out this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rec6SeUJm9s
Old 04-26-2009, 09:45 PM   #2
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Cool man.

Make one of your truck.
Old 04-26-2009, 09:46 PM   #3
"Living life in the FAST lane..."
05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

05PreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 05PreRunner
damn, thats a nice RC!!
...Definitely a hobby i'd like to possibly get into...(my wallets gonna hate me even more..lol)

Good job on the pictures too!
Old 04-26-2009, 09:53 PM   #6
Smacking Yo Hater$!!
MrSmackAttack has a spectacular aura aboutMrSmackAttack has a spectacular aura aboutMrSmackAttack has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekabraham View Post
Cool man.

Make one of your truck.
it soo hard to find a just Taco body.. i dont care if its not Xrunner.. only found chevy n Ford 190mm n 200mm

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05PreRunner View Post
damn, thats a nice RC!!
...Definitely a hobby i'd like to possibly get into...(my wallets gonna hate me even more..lol)

Good job on the pictures too!
yeah its crazy.. my wallet hates me right now.. since the truck new wheels n now a new hobby lol.. its huge in Cali. that works for your advatange . you'll have no trouble finding spots... while in FL its harder not soo popular.. usually our meets is 4-5 guys sometimes 7 if lucky..
Old 04-26-2009, 10:27 PM   #7
SoCal Tacomas
HBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oscar
HBtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to HBtacoma
damn thats cool, how much do those go for complete?
Old 04-26-2009, 11:02 PM   #8
Smacking Yo Hater$!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBtacoma View Post
damn thats cool, how much do those go for complete?
the whole kit is $250 but also need to buy batteries for remote and batteries for the car n charger.. so say 350 total RTR then .. plus some good tires to drift another 20 bucks ... total 400$ ur looking into spending then from there just buying tires..which it going to take a couple months to ware out..
Old 04-27-2009, 09:46 AM   #9
thecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

thecoldone06's Tacoma Gallery
Thats awesome! I'd like to get a car one of these days. Here's the manufacturers pic of the truggy I have.

Old 04-27-2009, 09:49 AM   #10
Carolina Alliance: LAZY DIVISION
AUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant future
AUDITECH's Tacoma Gallery
i think that rc drift would be harder because you cant feel what the car is doing

sweet ride have fun
Old 04-27-2009, 01:27 PM   #11
Smacking Yo Hater$!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoldone06 View Post
Thats awesome! I'd like to get a car one of these days. Here's the manufacturers pic of the truggy I have.

that look really good .. is it nitro?? i think its

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUDITECH View Post
i think that rc drift would be harder because you cant feel what the car is doing

sweet ride have fun
actually you would be suprized.. hoe easy its to make it sideways the harder i keeping the drift going... for me at least...
Old 04-27-2009, 01:41 PM   #12
thecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

It is Nitro. Here's a pic of what the inside looks like

I want an electric next i think. Did you have to tune yours at all? I saw a guy with an electric buggy once and that thing was wicked! I can only imagine your car! any video?
Old 04-27-2009, 01:58 PM   #13
JeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JeffRock's Tacoma Gallery
Here's my two dust collectors. Surprised I have not seen an RC thread on TW....

Old 04-28-2009, 12:38 PM   #14
Smacking Yo Hater$!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoldone06 View Post
It is Nitro. Here's a pic of what the inside looks like

I want an electric next i think. Did you have to tune yours at all? I saw a guy with an electric buggy once and that thing was wicked! I can only imagine your car! any video?
no tune.. unless maybe fixing the suspension here n there but nothing big ... just plug n play type of thing.. im working on videos.. as i get better..

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffRock View Post
Here's my two dust collectors. Surprised I have not seen an RC thread on TW....

im suprized too...they r both nitro?? how bad is the nitro world??... cool trucks
Old 04-28-2009, 12:49 PM   #15

Nitro trucks are awesome. Lots of tuning involved though. They are fun to mess around with. I bent my drive shaft and have a diff leaking oil. I have to take my truck completely apart. That's where it gets fun!
Old 04-28-2009, 12:59 PM   #16
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
That is cool as hell. A guy I work with is big into R/C everything and he has a car set up just for drifting.

He brought in a 1/8 scale nitro car one day and I was drooling over the thing. Since I'm not hardcore I just went for a starter setup. It's a blast tearing around with this thing!

^^ Stock photo, but same car as mine. I've smashed it up and rebuilt it a couple times now and it's always fun to run. The RTR packages make life so much easier than the old Tamiya kits, but it also loses something when it's not a project. That's probably the main reason why I don't mind rebuilding it anytime I rip off the suspension while doing something stupid.

Great hobby, but just as big a money pit as anything with an engine or breasts.
Attached Thumbnails
My new Hobby : RC Drift Cars  FD3S rx-7 56k get a Beer-kyosho-20inferno-20us-20sports-20ii.jpg  
Old 04-28-2009, 01:02 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post
LOL so true! That's a nice buggy. What size engine?
Old 04-28-2009, 01:03 PM   #18
Smacking Yo Hater$!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post
That is cool as hell. A guy I work with is big into R/C everything and he has a car set up just for drifting.

He brought in a 1/8 scale nitro car one day and I was drooling over the thing. Since I'm not hardcore I just went for a starter setup. It's a blast tearing around with this thing!

^^ Stock photo, but same car as mine. I've smashed it up and rebuilt it a couple times now and it's always fun to run. The RTR packages make life so much easier than the old Tamiya kits, but it also loses something when it's not a project. That's probably the main reason why I don't mind rebuilding it anytime I rip off the suspension while doing something stupid.

thats awsome.. yeah i never got into nitro since all the nightmares my friends had with it..

"Great hobby, but just as big a money pit as anything with an engine or breasts."-Thats my quoted of the day LMAO!!
Old 04-28-2009, 01:04 PM   #19
epa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eduardo
epa4wd's Tacoma Gallery
Nice! My collection

Old 04-28-2009, 01:09 PM   #20

I had all kinds of problems with the engine that came with mine. I couldn't get it to turn over at all. Few months after I got it a guy in my apartment complex (who worked at a hobby shop) gave me an engine he didn't use anymore. Put it in and it fired right up. 10 minutes later bent the drive shaft after a battery fell out and it went full speed ahead into a house. Shit happens I guess!