Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

Any Golfers?

Old 04-28-2009, 09:47 AM   #2
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Are those clubs or do you just mean the balls?
Old 04-28-2009, 09:47 AM   #3
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
never hit um myself...

But They seem just fine for a beginner, and Priced GOOD too!!

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/pr...ductId=2877811

Have fun!
Old 04-28-2009, 09:54 AM   #4
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Ya unless you are a stratch golfer, there really isn't much difference between balls
Old 04-28-2009, 09:58 AM   #5
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgerm View Post
Ya unless you are a stratch golfer, there really isn't much difference between balls
IMa 15-20 handicapper..... PLaying with range balls and putting with Pro-v's works out just fine for me. LOL

Pretty sure he was asking about clubs bro... BUt I could be wrong. BTW.. I sent you something in the mail yesterday dgerm!
Old 04-28-2009, 11:18 AM   #6
"Mark It Zero"
Agent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sergeant, 0261
Agent475's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by neontrail View Post
never hit um myself...

But They seem just fine for a beginner, and Priced GOOD too!!

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/pr...ductId=2877811

Have fun!
Cool - thanks... I am new to this whole golf thing...

Quote:
Are those clubs or do you just mean the balls?
I meant the clubs
Old 04-28-2009, 11:22 AM   #7
Cap is on a distinguished road

Cap's Tacoma Gallery
Make sure you hit the clubs before you buy them. Ask to also hit a few other clubs in your price range and go with the set that feels the best. Good Luck!
Old 04-28-2009, 11:23 AM   #8
"Mark It Zero"
Agent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap View Post
Make sure you hit the clubs before you buy them. Ask to also hit a few other clubs in your price range and go with the set that feels the best. Good Luck!

Thanks for the advice man... the more the better!!!
Old 04-28-2009, 11:25 AM   #9
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by neontrail View Post
IMa 15-20 handicapper..... PLaying with range balls and putting with Pro-v's works out just fine for me. LOL

Pretty sure he was asking about clubs bro... BUt I could be wrong. BTW.. I sent you something in the mail yesterday dgerm!
SWEET! I will get yours out asap, can you pm me your info?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent475 View Post

I meant the clubs
OOPS haha I have not heard of these yet! Last year before i bought my taco I got a set of taylormade irons with my tax refund. Got them a half inch lengthened and they are still too short haha
Old 04-28-2009, 11:29 AM   #10
"Mark It Zero"

Quote:
SWEET! I will get yours out asap, can you pm me your info?

OOPS haha I have not heard of these yet! Last year before i bought my taco I got a set of taylormade irons with my tax refund. Got them a half inch lengthened and they are still too short haha

Taylormade's are SWEEEEET.... BUT, I'm not willing to shell out that kind of cash (yet).
Old 04-28-2009, 11:33 AM   #11
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
no mine werent too expensive. Custom fitted from dicks sporting goods they were like $300
Old 04-28-2009, 12:06 PM   #13
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
No bag, i'll post a pick of my set up when i can. I pieced together a qaulity set of clubs. I started with an OLD bag my grandfather gave me. First got my irons (these or maybe the year older version), then got the nike sasquach driver used for $80 when they came out with the new driver. Then the Dicks owned used golf place was going out of business so I got a Cleveland 7 wood and a taylormade hybrid for $45. Somewhere in there my brother got me the Nike SQ bag for my birthday to match my driver.

OGIO makes some nice golfbags for pretty cheap.

Also I LOVE my driver, but with my brothers taylormade R540 or whatever, I can absolutly blast the ball. I wish I would have gotten that one but I am still very happy with my set up
Old 04-28-2009, 12:08 PM   #14
pat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pat's taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent475 View Post
My wife and I are starting to play this year... I am looking at getting a set of Top-Flite XL's....

Anyone use those before?

i own this set and love them. i play a good bit and i am fairly new to it as well. but you can't beat the price and quality is awesome. and the bag is nice. i dig that 5 hybrid iron.......
Old 04-28-2009, 12:09 PM   #15
"Mark It Zero"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat's taco View Post
i own this set and love them. i play a good bit and i am fairly new to it. the price and quality is awesome.
Sweet - thanks for the vote
Old 04-28-2009, 12:18 PM   #16
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
If you are tall like me (I'm 6'4) and are planning to get a new set, i would suggest going to a store like dicks or something similar and ordering them. That way they can lengthen them for free. I think i need a little more on mine because my best round i ever played, i forgot my shoes and played in flipflops, swinging bear foot. I shot a 30 on a 9 hole par 3 course and I think the >.5" from no shoes help me get better contact
Old 04-28-2009, 12:29 PM   #17
Do Not Try This At Home
bobf46 will become famous soon enough

Air Force: Aircraft Mechanic and C-5 Loadmaster
bobf46's Tacoma Gallery
For just starting out these clubs will be good however, later on plan on buying better clubs because you'd be suprized how much equipment makes a difference. As you improve the equipment should improve. It's not cheap but the cost is spread out over time. Enjoy
Old 04-28-2009, 12:33 PM   #18
Blackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
Blackened Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
If you are tall like me (I'm 6'4) and are planning to get a new set, i would suggest going to a store like dicks or something similar and ordering them. That way they can lengthen them for free. I think i need a little more on mine because my best round i ever played, i forgot my shoes and played in flipflops, swinging bear foot. I shot a 30 on a 9 hole par 3 course and I think the >.5" from no shoes help me get better contact
They make inserts now that can be added when they regrip your clubs, check into it. Reasonably priced also.
Old 04-28-2009, 12:44 PM   #19
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackened Taco View Post
They make inserts now that can be added when they regrip your clubs, check into it. Reasonably priced also.
Thanks! I will I'm not sure if a full inch will be too much but I will look into it! Where do you live in VA?