1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Nascar 2015 season

Discussion in 'Sports, Hobbies & Interests' started by coffeesnob, Jan 14, 2015.

1. Jan 14, 2015 at 3:08 AM
    coffeesnob

coffeesnob [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2010 access 4 cyl 2 wd
    It may be a little early but I am interested in hearing if you guys think Kurt Busch is totally off his rocker or if his ex is indeed a hired assasin. Also what do you think about having fewer officials on pit road and more cameras. I can see instant replay being used more for pit road infractions, except of course for lugnuts which they are saying now ' we don't care if you get em all on or not". I just hope the 14 team has a rebounding year.

2. Jan 16, 2015 at 9:50 PM
    gupster88

gupster88 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Almost Heaven, WV
    Vehicle:
    2021 Cement Grey Off Road
    Stock
    Hey been looking for this thread to show up. Definitely not to early. I agree, Kurt is off is rocker, maybe lol. Honestly, it looked like a case of a he said she said until he accused her of being a hired assassin. Now I think he's in deeper than before.

I like the idea of less officials, more cameras. That's less bodies in the way, potentially from getting hurt. Cameras can't stop Brad K from getting his ass kicked like an official can :stirthepot: . But cameras can help make the calls more accurate.

I hope Smoke does rebound. I am a Jimmie Johnson fan :crapstorm: However, after last season I am kinda pulling for Gordon to get another championship. Now here is my "maybe not so crazy predictions afterall"

-Brad K gets wrecked more times than he's punched
    -Junior turns in a better season than last year and wins it all. Riots larger than Ferguson erupt and they declare the Sunday at Homestead a National Holiday!
    -Kyle Larson wins 3+ races
    -Kurt Busch has his tires "mysteriously" shot out during a race ::spy:

3. Jan 16, 2015 at 9:53 PM
    Hendy

Hendy Scoundrel

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    2012 MGM DCSB TRD Off-Road
    See my build thread!
    LMAO, Classic! If this all comes true, it will be a great season :D

4. Jan 22, 2015 at 9:12 AM
    gupster88

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Almost Heaven, WV
    Vehicle:
    Stock
    Well it looks like everything is playing it at Hendrick Motorsports. Jeff Gordon just announced that the 2015 season will be his last. Coincidentally, Hendrick is going to run a 5th cat part time this season driven by Chase Elliott. They can do that if they intend on running that driver full time the following season. So was this retirement more of a push out by Hendrick? Or does Gordon really feel it's his time to go?

5. Jan 22, 2015 at 10:07 AM
    Blze001

Blze001 Breaks things.

Member:
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD Sport DCSB
    Probably Gordon realizing he's gonna have to do it soon, might as well step aside while still at the top AND while Hendrick has an extremely promising driver ready to move up.

Remember, Gordon owns half of Johnson's team and a good share of Hendrick as a whole, so while he might not be in the car anymore, his "team" still benefits.

6. Jan 22, 2015 at 10:26 AM
    gupster88

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Almost Heaven, WV
    Vehicle:
    Stock
    I was really surprised when Hendrick extended Kahne's contract last season. Kahne is fortunate to get one win a season. I am hoping last season wasn't a fluke for Gordon and he continues his dominance. I think Gordon even said he isn't going to use the "R word" just yet. I am sure he will still be very active within the organization.

7. Jan 22, 2015 at 10:58 AM
    coffeesnob

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2010 access 4 cyl 2 wd
    jeff has been having back issues maybe that played into his decision. It's only retirement from full time racing. He probably will race at those marque tracks like daytona and indy

8. Jan 27, 2015 at 6:50 AM
    se7enine

se7enine MCMLXXIX

Member:
    Reno, NV
    Vehicle:
    07 Lexus GX470
    Anybody watch the Rolex 24 hours at Daytona? That was an interesting race. Chip Ganassi's team came through again w/ Jamie McMurray and Kyle Larsen as 2 of the four drivers.

9. Jan 27, 2015 at 2:38 PM
    coffeesnob

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2010 access 4 cyl 2 wd

I watched just a little bit of it. Glad they won it.

10. Feb 2, 2015 at 10:16 AM
    ckeene9

ckeene9 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Chesterfield, VA
    Vehicle:
    '12 DCSB Supercharged 4x4 TRD Sport
    See Build Thread
    Anybody up for a Fantasy League this year?

11. Feb 2, 2015 at 11:40 AM
    coffeesnob

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2010 access 4 cyl 2 wd
    I may be. what do I win?

12. Feb 10, 2015 at 2:40 PM
    coffeesnob

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2010 access 4 cyl 2 wd
    sprint unlimited this sat

13. Feb 13, 2015 at 4:47 PM
    ckeene9

ckeene9 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Chesterfield, VA
    Vehicle:
    '12 DCSB Supercharged 4x4 TRD Sport
    See Build Thread
    Ready to watch some racing!

14. Feb 13, 2015 at 5:33 PM
    Woundedyak

Woundedyak Well-Known Member

Member:
    Indy
    Gordon is a team player and looks at the bigger picture. It's time. This was his best chance to win a championship. Hell, he would of gotten it if Brad K didn't wreck him. The 24 will become a test bed for the 88 and 48. The 5 car hasn't been competitive in 20yrs. I bet Kyle Larson will get that seat in 2yrs. Rumor has it he was seeded for the 24. Timing and politics got in the way. He started to figure that 42 out towards the end of the year. I look for him to win a 3-4 this year. Kurt Busch? Him and his brother are such a waste of talent. Especially Kyle. I don't know them personally, but I do know a few people who do. The crap they have told me about them you couldn't make up.

15. Feb 14, 2015 at 3:19 AM
    coffeesnob

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2010 access 4 cyl 2 wd
    Kyle has done pretty well and Kurt has won a championship. I agree though they do seem to implode pretty easily.

16. Feb 14, 2015 at 2:40 PM
    se7enine

se7enine MCMLXXIX

Member:
    Reno, NV
    Vehicle:
    07 Lexus GX470
    I'm rooting for Larson to win it this year. Until Chase Elliot arrives then I'll be rooting for him.

17. Feb 14, 2015 at 2:53 PM
    MadDaddy

MadDaddy Pork Rind Extraordinaire

Member:
    53 Miles West of Venus
    Many & varied
    Kurt and his ex are a match made in Hell. They're perfect for each other. Two GIANT egos.
    I like less people on pit road. I've been sitting in the pits at Cup races since the early '90s. They should do everything possible to make that place safer. I've seen some gnarly things over the years. I expect Kyle Larson to have a breakout year. I truly hope Ryan Blaney (I'm a longtime Wood Brothers fan) and Sam Hornish have banner seasons. I will miss Ambrose and have already missed Montoya. Truth be told, the only races I watched last year were the ones I attended. I'm doing the truck and Xfinity race in Atlanta at the end of the month and mulling over Talladega in the Spring or Fall. Skipping Darlington as it will be sweltering in South Carolina that time of year. Considering a trek to Martinsville. I found I follow the sport less and less now that I cancelled my cable and don't have a longtime favorite like when I was a kid (Bill Elliott). I'm not looking for heroes anymore but I do expect class acts. Jimmie and Jeff are exactly that. Same goes for Dale. One of the reasons I stopped watching was the pitiful tantrums thrown by modern drivers and the way NASCAR plays it up for ratings. I can walk around my neighborhood for free low-brow entertainment. I'm not gonna pay $60+ hotel and gas to watch idiots slap each other and throw stuff around.

Some other great events I've attended/ will attend again:

Indycars in Birmingham, AL and F1 in Austin, TX.

Edit: I am excited about Chase Elliott's future. He's always had $ behind him but he's also level headed and calculating like his dad. He too, is a big picture racer like Jeff and Jimmie. He's also a wheel man. I've watched him do some impressive driving firsthand and the kid has got IT. This is why I'm skipping the CUP date at Atlanta and opting for the Xfinity race.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2015
  18. Feb 15, 2015 at 11:47 AM
    dwalden2

dwalden2 HBTFD

Member:
    First Name:
    Derick
    Blue Ridge, Georgia
    Vehicle:
    '05 TRD Offroad V6 6 spd
    SCS Stealth 6 Wheels, 285/70/17 STT Pros, Demello Offroad front bumper, 20" LED Bar, LED Fogs, LED interior lights, Wet Okole Seat Covers, Body Armour Rear Bumper, Smittybilt 10K winch, 3" OME Lift
    Gordon wins the pole for his final 500. There's a shocker. I told everyone last night he would either win the pole or he'll win the race. I wouldn't be surprised if he wins the championship, too.

19. Feb 15, 2015 at 1:14 PM
    coffeesnob

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2010 access 4 cyl 2 wd

He has a good chance to win the championship. He is still one of the better drivers and Hendricks has all the $$ to make it happen.

20. Feb 15, 2015 at 1:16 PM
    dwalden2

dwalden2 HBTFD

Member:
    First Name:
    Derick
    Blue Ridge, Georgia
    Vehicle:
    '05 TRD Offroad V6 6 spd
    SCS Stealth 6 Wheels, 285/70/17 STT Pros, Demello Offroad front bumper, 20" LED Bar, LED Fogs, LED interior lights, Wet Okole Seat Covers, Body Armour Rear Bumper, Smittybilt 10K winch, 3" OME Lift
    And NASCAR can be pretty predictable

Products Discussed in

To Top