Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

Nice wine for under $15

Old 05-03-2009, 05:40 PM   #1
Old Duckman is a splendid one to beholdOld Duckman is a splendid one to beholdOld Duckman is a splendid one to beholdOld Duckman is a splendid one to beholdOld Duckman is a splendid one to beholdOld Duckman is a splendid one to beholdOld Duckman is a splendid one to beholdOld Duckman is a splendid one to behold
Navy: Gunners Mate-G, USS Detroit (AOE-4)
Old Duckman's Tacoma Gallery
Nice wine for under $15

Many wine drinkers out there?

I live in PA and have to deal with the PA State Store system so choices are rather limited...You Cali guys gotta have some nice choices.

Right now I have a bottle of Jacob's Creek (Australia) Merlot in front of me...Nice wine. I think it was $5.99 (with a $3.00 off special)...Not bad, not bad.
Old 05-03-2009, 05:41 PM   #2
mall crawlin', web wheelin', concrete cowboy
FlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
FlawedXJ's Tacoma Gallery
Do you guys get 2 buck chucks in PA. I know its popular in the chicago area.
Old 05-03-2009, 05:41 PM   #3
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
make sure after you finish that bottle off by yourself you post in the im drunk thread, with pics perferably
Old 05-03-2009, 05:43 PM   #4
Bourbon
EquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Casey
EquinsuOcha's Tacoma Gallery
Yellow Tail Shiraz is a surprisingly good wine out of Australia. Also, Indaba (South Africa) makes some great inexpensive wines.
Old 05-03-2009, 05:48 PM   #5
Old Duckman is a splendid one to beholdOld Duckman is a splendid one to beholdOld Duckman is a splendid one to beholdOld Duckman is a splendid one to beholdOld Duckman is a splendid one to beholdOld Duckman is a splendid one to beholdOld Duckman is a splendid one to beholdOld Duckman is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesaflaw123 View Post
Do you guys get 2 buck chucks in PA. I know its popular in the chicago area.
Did a search on PLCB site for "Charles Shaw" and got no hits...I had to Google it to see what you were talking about. Too bad we can't get it here. Sounds like it has a good rep.
Old 05-03-2009, 05:49 PM   #6
mall crawlin', web wheelin', concrete cowboy
FlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
FlawedXJ's Tacoma Gallery
yeah. Definitely tasty stuff for the money.
Old 05-03-2009, 05:50 PM   #7
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
arbor mist from walmert!!! the blackberry merlot is actually pretty damn good!!
Old 05-03-2009, 05:50 PM   #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by EquinsuOcha View Post
Yellow Tail Shiraz is a surprisingly good wine out of Australia. Also, Indaba (South Africa) makes some great inexpensive wines.
I know we get Yellow Tail here, though I haven't tried it...I'll have to give it a try. Never saw Indaba.
Old 06-07-2010, 02:50 PM   #9
Toyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: JT
Toyota Truck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Duckman View Post
Many wine drinkers out there?

I live in PA and have to deal with the PA State Store system so choices are rather limited...You Cali guys gotta have some nice choices.

Right now I have a bottle of Jacob's Creek (Australia) Merlot in front of me...Nice wine. I think it was $5.99 (with a $3.00 off special)...Not bad, not bad.
I like their Shiraz.
Old 06-07-2010, 02:53 PM   #11
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
do you have a Costco?

hit any of the imported wines and you cant go wrong. alianico, italy - malbec -argentina, etc is simply a merlot..same grape. most of these are in the $10 range.

costco hired some pro wine guys to do their buying. they have some great stuff.
Old 06-07-2010, 02:54 PM   #12
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
dark knight's choice is pretty good...and it is at Costco.
Old 06-07-2010, 02:55 PM   #13
TX
TEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TEX357's Tacoma Gallery
Brand: Andre
Flavor: Blush

Champagne is pretty damn good. 6 bucks a bottle for some great tasting champagne! You can buy it @ walmart!!
Old 06-07-2010, 02:56 PM   #14
jusmac is just really nicejusmac is just really nicejusmac is just really nicejusmac is just really nice
jusmac's Tacoma Gallery
2 BUCK CHUCK BABY!!! just dont make the mistake and look for that, its actually called charles schwabb
Old 06-07-2010, 02:59 PM   #15
Cannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
Cannonball's Tacoma Gallery
Some stuff I keep on hand:

Menage - red table wine
7 deadly zins - zinfandel
Shilo Road - syrah
Frei Brothers - chardonnay
Old 06-07-2010, 03:32 PM   #17
PreRonner
SixtyDashOne is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixtyDashOne is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixtyDashOne is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixtyDashOne is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixtyDashOne is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixtyDashOne is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixtyDashOne is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixtyDashOne is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixtyDashOne is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixtyDashOne is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixtyDashOne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ron
SixtyDashOne's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake~ View Post
Smoking Loon has some nice sub $15 wines.

true..

and also, one of my favorites

Dr Loosen Riesling. Out of the several dozens of Reislings ive had, 07-08 Dr Loosen has been the best (by Far).. Can be had for anywhere from $11-$15
Old 06-07-2010, 03:39 PM   #18
Quote:
Originally Posted by jusmac View Post
2 BUCK CHUCK BABY!!! just dont make the mistake and look for that, its actually called charles schwabb
charles SHAW!

and that stuff is undrinkable...i use it for cooking.
Old 06-07-2010, 03:44 PM   #19
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Review of the 2-buck chuck wines:

http://tv.winelibrary.com/2007/04/10...k-episode-212/

Btw, Gary Vaynerchuck's wine review are great. Always entertaining and informative.
Old 06-07-2010, 03:55 PM   #20
Bad decisions make great stories.
Lost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lost_Humanity's Tacoma Gallery
If you have Trader Joe's nearby, they have a great Chianti -- Aquia d'Oro, I believe.

It's about $6, and is really good. It's even recognized with the DOCG (Italian wine governing body -- has a pink label over the neck).

I was disappointed in the Yellow Tail Shiraz. I like Australian wines, but this one was not very good. Maybe I got a bad bottle.

I was also disappointed in The Little Penguin Shiraz. I know this one was a crap wine.