Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

sportbike? hmm

Old 05-03-2009, 10:27 PM   #1
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery
sportbike? hmm

Hey friends! So, right now I have an 07 honda shadow spirit 750, bought it last summer. I've decided I don't like the cruiser style and would like to sell my bike and get into a cheap sportbike, anyone ride? I am a bit nervous though, I know I will speed, but how fast will i go? I'm scared to die! haha
Old 05-04-2009, 04:51 AM   #2
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
It'll go as fast as you'll make it for the most part. I've taken my late model 600 past 150 on a closed track.

It's not a matter of what the BIKE will do for 98% of the time...It's a matter of what YOU will do WITH the bike. It's a machine- you have to make inputs to make it do anything.

I love mine- Have a blast working on it and riding regularly.

If you like the posture/ longer ride times on the cruiser and just don't like the folks around the scene- Try a Sport Touring (like a Honda Interceptor)
Old 05-04-2009, 06:21 AM   #3
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
It'll go as fast as you'll make it for the most part. I've taken my late model 600 past 150 on a closed track.

It's not a matter of what the BIKE will do for 98% of the time...It's a matter of what YOU will do WITH the bike. It's a machine- you have to make inputs to make it do anything.

I love mine- Have a blast working on it and riding regularly.

If you like the posture/ longer ride times on the cruiser and just don't like the folks around the scene- Try a Sport Touring (like a Honda Interceptor)
X2 on the Honda Interceptor. Great bike. Also, take a look at the Triumph Sprint ST 1055. Lots of bottom end, and that 3 cyl. engine sounds great!
Old 05-04-2009, 06:47 AM   #4
ban the term murdered out
OU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gas Turbine Elec
Name: danusa
OU812's Tacoma Gallery
X3 on the Interceptor. I have owned several over the years. Very sporty, sleek, look like a racer but you can rise them comfortably all day long. The VFR/Interceptor has been voted bike of the year so many times I lost count.