1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

sportbike? hmm

Discussion in 'Sports, Hobbies & Interests' started by rab89, May 3, 2009.

1. May 3, 2009 at 10:27 PM
    rab89

rab89 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ross
    Kelowna b.c canada
    Vehicle:
    2017 DCLB TRD Sport
    Hey friends! So, right now I have an 07 honda shadow spirit 750, bought it last summer. I've decided I don't like the cruiser style and would like to sell my bike and get into a cheap sportbike, anyone ride? I am a bit nervous though, I know I will speed, but how fast will i go? I'm scared to die! haha

2. May 4, 2009 at 4:51 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    It'll go as fast as you'll make it for the most part. I've taken my late model 600 past 150 on a closed track.

It's not a matter of what the BIKE will do for 98% of the time...It's a matter of what YOU will do WITH the bike. It's a machine- you have to make inputs to make it do anything.

I love mine- Have a blast working on it and riding regularly.

If you like the posture/ longer ride times on the cruiser and just don't like the folks around the scene- Try a Sport Touring (like a Honda Interceptor)

3. May 4, 2009 at 6:21 AM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    X2 on the Honda Interceptor. Great bike. Also, take a look at the Triumph Sprint ST 1055. Lots of bottom end, and that 3 cyl. engine sounds great!

4. May 4, 2009 at 6:47 AM
    OU812

OU812 ban the term murdered out

Member:
    First Name:
    danusa
    Kilroy was here
    Vehicle:
    13 DblCab LB 4X4
    Nothing yet, brand new!
    X3 on the Interceptor. I have owned several over the years. Very sporty, sleek, look like a racer but you can rise them comfortably all day long. The VFR/Interceptor has been voted bike of the year so many times I lost count.

Products Discussed in

To Top