LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

Catfish Noodling

Old 11-02-2007, 10:35 AM   #1
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
Catfish Noodling

anybody here been noodling before?? alliance, i'm lookin in your direction...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biL-QcviQGk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOjA8Puh1BM
Old 11-02-2007, 10:43 AM   #2
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Never actually been but i've seen it done. I hate fish and i hate fishing and i definately am not putting my hand in any random holes or caves in a lake or river and trying to grab whatever's in there. Its not too uncommmon in this part of the US though. There was actually a "Dirty Jobs" Where Mike went Noodling. They mentioned getting bit by snapping turtles alot... IMO you are an idiot if you do that
Old 11-02-2007, 10:46 AM   #3
Unapologetic Texan
sawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to behold

sawdust's Tacoma Gallery
I just thought of that episode of "Dirty Jobs". Great show. It's on my DVR. I think he was in Oklahoma for that one.
Old 11-02-2007, 11:06 AM   #4
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
OMG.....The first time I ever heard of noodling is when it aired on Dirty Jobs.

When you stick your hand/arm in a hole under the water- aren't you ever afraid something bigger and more dangerous will take a bite outta your arm?

I couldn't do it....I'd rather use a fishing pole and stand on dry land.
Old 11-02-2007, 12:57 PM   #5
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
I'd rather not go fishing at all. He did mention the danger of snapping turtles taking a chunk out of your finger... or your whole finger
Old 11-02-2007, 02:07 PM   #6
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
I'll let my wife do the noodling.
Old 11-02-2007, 02:29 PM   #7
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
Dirty jobs is an awesome show......that's where I learned everything I know about noodling.

Screw that, I'll stick to chicken livers on a hook and line.
Old 11-02-2007, 05:00 PM   #8
it's all about me
Ldytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to behold

Ldytaco05's Tacoma Gallery
amoeba ne1? hmmm do they eat that? ewww... lol
Old 11-02-2007, 05:10 PM   #9
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
havent been noodling, but ive seen it done plenty of times. some people do it here at lake wylie, over around some of the boat access places. i cant bring myself to do it just yet, after all, there are more than fish under the water, and in brush piles. i mean,i dont really want to get bit by a friggin cotton mouth( water moccasin, for people not from round here). and the cooters(turtles) around here can get pretty big and vicious..........when they bite down,them bastards dont let go for nothin!! dont get me wrong, i fish all the time,just not too sure that im gonna noodle anytime soon!!
Old 11-02-2007, 05:17 PM   #10
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
My hand isn't bait unless I'm tryin to fish a cold beer outta the fridge!
Old 11-02-2007, 05:22 PM   #11
Carolina Alliance: LAZY DIVISION
AUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant future
AUDITECH's Tacoma Gallery
No noodling here
Old 11-03-2007, 03:45 PM   #12
Carolina Alliance: Midwest Firearms Division
TuRDTACO is on a distinguished road

TuRDTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to TuRDTACO
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
havent been noodling, but ive seen it done plenty of times. some people do it here at lake wylie, over around some of the boat access places. i cant bring myself to do it just yet, after all, there are more than fish under the water, and in brush piles. i mean,i dont really want to get bit by a friggin cotton mouth( water moccasin, for people not from round here). and the cooters(turtles) around here can get pretty big and vicious..........when they bite down,them bastards dont let go for nothin!! dont get me wrong, i fish all the time,just not too sure that im gonna noodle anytime soon!!
hot dawg i tell u wut dem dere cooters n cottons'll get chur booger pickin finger jus like dey did ta ma grandfathur
Old 11-03-2007, 03:46 PM   #13
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuRDTACO View Post
hot dawg i tell u wut dem dere cooters n cottons'll get chur booger pickin finger jus like dey did ta ma grandfathur
u talkin bout ol' stumpy?
Old 11-03-2007, 04:13 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcBob View Post
u talkin bout ol' stumpy?
oh dang bob yew kno it, died of brain bleedin cuz he ben tryin to wrangle his boogers wit a toofpick after he dun lost his pickin finger
Old 11-03-2007, 09:54 PM   #15
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:

you makin fun of the southern lingo man?????
Old 11-03-2007, 11:08 PM   #16
AntonioCorleone is on a distinguished road

AntonioCorleone's Tacoma Gallery
No thank you, I would rather watch somebody doin' the noodlin'.
Old 11-04-2007, 07:38 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
you makin fun of the southern lingo man?????
i have family all over arkansas and in texas near dallas/fort worth area. i'm down with the billies tacoman haha...
Old 11-04-2007, 10:46 AM   #18
Unapologetic Texan
sawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to behold

sawdust's Tacoma Gallery
Hey, I was flipping channels late last night and found "Country fried home videos" hosted by Bill Engvall (a Texan). They had some video of bikini-clad women doing noodling (only they called it grabblin'). Bill said that he don't know whose idea it was to combine fishin with girls in bikinis, but banks should be closed on his birthday.
Old 11-04-2007, 04:16 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawdust View Post
Hey, I was flipping channels late last night and found "Country fried home videos" hosted by Bill Engvall (a Texan). They had some video of bikini-clad women doing noodling (only they called it grabblin'). Bill said that he don't know whose idea it was to combine fishin with girls in bikinis, but banks should be closed on his birthday.
hahahaha, i'd take off work to celebrate it! and whats with calling it grabblin? i think noodling is the perfect name, seeing as how it hardly goes with whats actually happening haha
Old 11-04-2007, 04:30 PM   #20

Quote:
i have family all over arkansas and in texas near dallas/fort worth area. i'm down with the billies tacoman haha...

what part of arkansas??? i have family in west memphis, lake village and blytheville!!!