Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

surf fishing/camping south Texas

Old 05-14-2009, 05:55 PM   #1
Solo Member
kilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Kilo Battery 3rd Battalion 11th Marines 1st Marine Division
kilo's Tacoma Gallery
surf fishing/camping south Texas

Hey guys and gals!! I will be heading to Padre Island National Seashore (north Padre Island) the first weekend of June for some fishing, camping and beer drinking, would anyone from the Austin or San Antonio area and or anywhere else like to meet. I will be heading down from Dallas Thursday night the 4th around 7pm and arrive at a freinds around 12ish in San Antonio and stay the night. Wake up early and head down to the beach. Stay Friday, Saturday, Sunday? and maybe Monday? Not sure if I will leave Sunday or Monday just yet, I have Monday and Tuesday off so no big deal right now. Not much of wheeling but it is offroad and away from the city. Sand can be a real challenge. Just hanging out and having a great time. Chime in TW!! Her are some pics of past trips...

Old 05-23-2010, 07:27 PM   #2
togah is on a distinguished road
Name: garry
togah's Tacoma Gallery
should be some folks down here ready to go!! email me if i'am in town i would love to go....my truck is 2wd but normally the beach is no issue if we have good conditions. how far down the beach are you planning to go? little and big shell beach are good areas to fish if condition allow for driving 30 mile down the beach...long way to the store for any forgotten supplies. anyway let me know i might be able to go
my email ghutch1951@yahoo.com cell 361-533-5954 gary
Old 05-23-2010, 08:07 PM   #3
wvmountaintop has much to be proud ofwvmountaintop has much to be proud ofwvmountaintop has much to be proud ofwvmountaintop has much to be proud ofwvmountaintop has much to be proud ofwvmountaintop has much to be proud ofwvmountaintop has much to be proud ofwvmountaintop has much to be proud ofwvmountaintop has much to be proud ofwvmountaintop has much to be proud of

Name: Dennis
wvmountaintop's Tacoma Gallery
Back in the eighties I lived in Corpus a for a few years and spent a lot of time out on that beach camping... Sure would love to join you if it wasn't a 3200 mile round trip for me... Hope you have great time.
Old 05-26-2010, 06:17 AM   #4
Solo Member
kilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Kilo Battery 3rd Battalion 11th Marines 1st Marine Division
kilo's Tacoma Gallery
Well TOGAH, I went down the 21st-23rd so a little late. We had a good time. The fishing was OK and the weather was great. The driving was a 5 on a scale of 1 to 10. We got down to the 20 about 9ish Friday night and camped there. Drove down to about the 43 or 44 mile area and came back and camped around the 36. I guess the only thing that didn't work in our favor was the wind. I just got back so I'll post up some pictures tonight.

Old 05-27-2010, 10:58 PM   #5
togah is on a distinguished road
Name: garry
togah's Tacoma Gallery
Great! looks like a cool time....next trip email or call....i will go 4 sure!!
Old 06-01-2010, 05:50 AM   #6
RYNO is on a distinguished road

RYNO's Tacoma Gallery
nice catch.