1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Phil Mickelson DONE WIth golf !!...for now

Discussion in 'Sports, Hobbies & Interests' started by neontrail, May 20, 2009.

1. May 20, 2009 at 1:21 PM
    neontrail

neontrail [OP] ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈

Member:
    Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2004 NISSAN XTERRA XE/SE
    De-badged, Tint 20%, Blue 48 LED dome-light, .......
    http://sports.yahoo.com/golf/pga/news?slug=ap-mickelsonswife&prov=ap&type=lgns

[​IMG]

Phil Mickelson’s wife, Amy, has been diagnosed with breast cancer, and the three-time major champion said Wednesday he will suspend his PGA Tour schedule indefinitely.
    According to a release from Mickelson’s management company, his wife was to have more tests but begin treatment with major surgery as early as the next two weeks.
    Mickelson, the No. 2 player in the world with 36 career PGA Tour victories, was to play the Byron Nelson Championship this week before defending his title next week at Colonial. It was not certain if he would return in time for the U.S. Open on June 18-21 at Bethpage Black, where he was the runner-up to Tiger Woods in 2002 and is beloved by golf fans in the New York area.
    “Elin and I are deeply saddened to hear the news about Amy,” Woods said. “Our thoughts and prayers are with her, Phil, the children and the entire Mickelson family.”

2. May 20, 2009 at 1:26 PM
    David Tarantino

David Tarantino Well-Known Member

Member:
    N.J.
    Vehicle:
    08 tacoma
    Prayers sent for his wife and family

3. May 20, 2009 at 1:28 PM
    mjp2

mjp2 Living vicariously through myself Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Milton Juevo Portimous II
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    Current: '21 Bronco Badlands. Previous: '06 TRD Access Cab, v6, 6-speed
    That's a shame, both the illness and him leaving golf. I remember watching him win his first major a few years back. He'd often come close but never took first place.

I was sitting in the living room in front of the tv with my dad, my uncle, and a few other people watching him play. The first place guy was done and Mickelson was in second and chipping away at the lead. His shot on the 18th hole would give him the win, and when it dropped we literally jumped out of our chairs with excitement.

I still think it's funny that the round was that intense as spectators. He looked like he was having a genuinely good time out there.

Hope everything works out for him and his family.

Products Discussed in

To Top