Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

Richard Petty Driving Experience

Old 05-22-2009, 07:58 PM   #1
She's Fat, I'm Drunk, It's On.
05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed

05 TRD Sport's Tacoma Gallery
Richard Petty Driving Experience

So, to celebrate my b'day this year, I did the RPDE. I did 18 laps at AMS. My fastest lap was 133 mph. Top speed was 148. It was a blast. Anyone else ever done this? What were your speeds? If you haven't done it, I highly reccomend it.
Old 05-22-2009, 08:09 PM   #2
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
I thought about doing that but the BMW experience sounds just as fun
Old 05-23-2009, 06:28 AM   #3
05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BMW would be fun, but I'm talking about a 650 hp race car. You know the ones. No A/C, no heated leather, no airbags.
Old 05-23-2009, 06:44 AM   #4
argm31i has a brilliant futureargm31i has a brilliant futureargm31i has a brilliant futureargm31i has a brilliant futureargm31i has a brilliant futureargm31i has a brilliant futureargm31i has a brilliant futureargm31i has a brilliant futureargm31i has a brilliant futureargm31i has a brilliant futureargm31i has a brilliant future
argm31i's Tacoma Gallery
Did this a while back (probably close to 10 years ago) at Lowe's. Our speeds were around 155mph. Think my highest was 154mph or so. Awesome experience, though.
Old 05-23-2009, 07:36 AM   #5
WESTern Alliance: NORCAL COAST
BeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BeefTaco's Tacoma Gallery
It was quite a rush did 30 laps at Las Vegas about 5 years ago I think
we were doing laps in the low 150’s.
I would like to do a Dale Jarrett racing school next you get to pass
not just follow the pace car around like in Petty’s definitely a blast.
Old 05-23-2009, 07:51 AM   #6

Yeah, I think if you drop enough coin at RPDE, they have advanced classes where you run in packs of cars and can do some passing. The guys that did the 30 laps were running in the low 150's
Old 04-13-2010, 03:57 PM   #7

If you do the RPDE thing again within a year, they give you a break on the price. I just re-upped for another drive next month. Stoked.
Old 04-13-2010, 04:02 PM   #8
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
amaes's Tacoma Gallery
I went to Bondurant School of Racing if that counts. We did super karts (Can beat a C6 Vett in a 1/4 mile race) Then we drove CTS-Vs on the road course. THen did a hot lap on the road course with a pro driver in a Z06. Drifting around a turn at 120 mph was sick and then last we raced each other in Auto-X with the Z06's