1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

UFC 98 Evans vs Machida

Discussion in 'Sports, Hobbies & Interests' started by m_yota, May 24, 2009.

1. May 24, 2009 at 10:20 AM
    m_yota

m_yota [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Paradise
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4 dbl cab
    K&N airfilter, HID conversion for headlights/fogs. Wet Okole Seat covers, Kove Aphex processor Kenwood comp 6.5" and 6.5"coaxial 5100 billy shocks 2.5", 1.5" fabtech AAL,Epicenter and MTX Sub, debadged, tinted, kenwood dnx812, black mesh grill, led ext/int.
    That was an awesome fight. i had a good feeling he was gonna take the belt from rashad. First time being knocked out. It looked like he was trying to hold on in the second round, he was apparently out.

2. May 24, 2009 at 2:18 PM
    magikbean562

magikbean562 once flirted with danger, danger got clingy

Member:
    First Name:
    greg
    socal
    Vehicle:
    pinto
    33" mudders
    ryu is pretty much unstoppable right now:cool:

3. May 24, 2009 at 2:43 PM
    silverbullet05

silverbullet05 OnTheDarkSideOfTheMoon

Member:
    First Name:
    SlickRick
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    BLACK 09 DC 4x4 TRD OFF ROAD
    Icon Coilovers, Icon Rear Res. Shocks, Total Chaos UCAs, Fabtech AAL, TRD CAI, KMC XD Enduros, 285's BFG KM2; Demello Sliders, Full Budbuilt Skid Set
    Machida and silva never take any damage. I like rashad but I knew this style of machidas was going to be too much. no one has figured it out yet. I think he needs someone to bullrush and brawl it out. nosense in letting him jump in and out like a karata comp. Time for peoplee to test his groundgame cuz standing he is dominating. great fight though. I cant wait for that wec faber fight. brown aint going to go away easy. I think he will retain the belt. anyone get the game it pretty fun.

4. May 24, 2009 at 4:09 PM
    AZsand

AZsand Well-Known Member

Member:
    I remember the very first time i saw Machida fight and i said this guy was champion material. Aside of his style being somewhat unique (not because it really is, just becasue no one uses karate in MMA) what sets guys like Machida, Sylva and even GSP apart from the rest, is that they impose their style, pace and overall will in a fight against their opponents.
    I hope that soon enough ultimate fighting will go back to what it was always suppose to be: have only one style of your own (karate, muay thai, jiu jitsu, whatever) and be that good at it to where you impose your style in the fight for the most part, and you just have good defense against other styles.
    Wait and watch Machida pick appart Rampage next. He'll never knock him out or nothing but he'll take him on rounds maaaaybe a tko but i doubt it. I don't think he'll get to close to Rampage, we'll see.

5. May 24, 2009 at 4:27 PM
    SaltySteve

SaltySteve Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Denver
    Vehicle:
    2012 4runner
    I actually found Machida very effective but extremely boring in the past. After watching the countdown special to the show on SpikeTV I understand his thought behind his style and actually admire what he had to say.

I really don't care for Evans and his showboating bullshit ways so I was glad to see Machida punish him. Is Machida going to be the next Silva for light heavyweight? I think Rampage will fight him next. I hope Rampage wins. I like him. But I think that Machida may win and Silva will come up to 205 and try to get that title as well. Just my opinion.

6. May 24, 2009 at 4:34 PM
    badguybuster

badguybuster Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    West (by GOD) Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tacoma TRD Sport
    New truck....so nothing yet
    I think it's great Rashad lost, IMHO he was highly over rated. Machida is very hard for traditional MMA fighters to get a handle on, just like Silva, that is why they are so impressive. I am pretty confident that Machida will stomp Rampage, since Rampage has never fought a striker like this. I watched a show on Machida and he actually descends from a line of Samurai warriors!! Pretty good blood lines. Anderson Silva is great but his last fight was pathetic. I think he needs an ass whoopin too, maybe it will light a fire under him. NONE of these guys should be undefeated, the losses give them a reason to train harder.

7. May 24, 2009 at 4:45 PM
    epa4wd

epa4wd Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eduardo
    Vehicle:
    2019 SR
    Clazzio Seat Covers OR Wheels 40% tint Side Steps KC Fog Lights
    Will see what happens when silva fights griffin in ufc 101

8. May 24, 2009 at 4:47 PM
    badguybuster

badguybuster Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    West (by GOD) Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tacoma TRD Sport
    New truck....so nothing yet
    Forrest Griffin is my idol. That dude can take an ass whoopin and just keeps on smiling.

9. May 24, 2009 at 5:54 PM
    SaltySteve

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Denver
    Vehicle:
    2012 4runner
    I heard about this but didn't know it was set in stone. That should be fun.

10. May 24, 2009 at 6:15 PM
    senor taco

senor taco ROLLIN ON RUST

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Monterey Bay, Ca
    Vehicle:
    O7 Tacoma PreRunner SR5
    17in fj cruiser wheels satoshi grille with devil horns emblem Single in double out 50 series flowmaster with stainless tips Kenwod ddx512 double din touch screen DVD reciver with a single Rockford fosgate 12 in sub with an alpine amp tinted tail and third break light silverstar head and fog lights k&n drop in Billy 5100's on all 4 corners with a 2"AAL
    I think machita will be champion for a VERRY long time.

11. May 24, 2009 at 9:14 PM
    AZsand

AZsand Well-Known Member

Member:
    I would go out on a limb and say that Machida will go down to 185 to take on Silva before it happens the other way arround. Unless Henderson gets to Silva first (he got way to confident last time and lost focus IMO).
    Silva is a very methodical fighter kinda like Couture and a superb muay thai practitioner, however i think he is one of those guys that hit a win streak and when he looses he'll keep loosing rather then jump back up in the game. I dont think Silva is a veteran like Henderson, Couture, Miletich, etc. I just think he's a win streak wonder like Belfort or Shogun Rua. Plus i have not seen him get his chin tested yet.

If Machida fought Silva tomorrow, i would have no problem putting money on Machida, but that's just me. I think the Silva story will end soon and for good like the Liddell or Hughes story. Not the same with Machida IMO. I think we're looking at a 205 pound Fedor Emilianenko here.

12. May 25, 2009 at 7:18 AM
    SaltySteve

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Denver
    Vehicle:
    2012 4runner
    I agree with some of what you said but I think you're discounting Silva a bit too much. I mean c'mon, this guy is on a 10 fight win streak (9 in UFC). That's no joke.

I think his chin has not been tested for the same reason Machida's hasn't been either. They're both too damn elusive. Now don't get me wrong, at first I couldn't stand Silva but have grown to respect him as a fighter.

All that being said, Lyoto Machida is like a friggin juggernaut. This dude hasn't lost, at all. He's never lost and it doesn't look like it's going to happen anytime soon.

I guess I said that Silva would go up to 205 and fight him because he already went that route and has been verbal about it. I hadn't heard or read anything about Machida going down. And although I as a fan would love to see that fight, I'd much rather see Henderson beat Bisping and then beat Silva.

Lyoto Machida
    Anderson Silva
    Dan Henderson
    Michael Bisping
    Rampage Jackson

13. May 25, 2009 at 7:33 AM
    epa4wd

epa4wd Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eduardo
    Vehicle:
    2019 SR
    Clazzio Seat Covers OR Wheels 40% tint Side Steps KC Fog Lights

They already asked them if they would fight, they don't want to, Machida and Silva are BFF lol, it was said that it would take 100 million for them to fight. I think they will eventually fight but not any time soon, but I would deffinetly like to see it happen. Silva has been forced to go to 205 and I think Griffin can win against Silva, but not by knockout or submission it would be by judges decision. If Silva win UFC101 we might see Evans vs Silva.

14. May 25, 2009 at 4:11 PM
    AZsand

AZsand Well-Known Member

Member:
    Don't missunderstand me, I love Silva as a fighter and have the utmost respect for him. I am most definately not discarding him at all, i just don't think he's it. And by it i mean like UFCs Emilianenko....you know the unicorn, nobody can touch in 40-50 fights, the real stuff. There was Liddell, W. Silva, Arlovski, Hughes, Silvia, etc. They had win streaks (some longer some shorter) and at the time people thought they were the shit. And it's not about a guy like that loosing once and to a geat opponent....they started loosing big and to nobodies (and by nobodies i mean definite underdogs). Look at Lidell in his last few fights...
    I'm just saying Silva is a rock star now, no question. But for me, somebody like Henderson, Noguiera, not to mention Emilianenko are the real deal.
    And my all time favorite (don't care what anybody says) is Mirko. But Silva needs to be a seasoned veteran before he gets points in my book. Beating Lieben or Lutter don't do it for me...not to mention his last fight, then the shit with Cote....whatever. He's good but mostly hype IMHO.

15. May 25, 2009 at 6:02 PM
    SaltySteve

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Denver
    Vehicle:
    2012 4runner
    Yeah I know what you're saying. You see that Cro Cop is coming back to the UFC? I can't find the article but hopefully he comes back as the Cro Cop we knew in Pride.

16. May 25, 2009 at 6:12 PM
    AZsand

AZsand Well-Known Member

Member:
    I don't think he should. There's a time to do this sport and a time to stop. Not everybody can do what Couture did. Most are not anywhere near that disciplined. I would love to see Mirko fight again, but like Liddell and Noguiera and even Henderson soon they should just stop. You just can't fight age. You loose reflex, ability to recover, stamina and most of all the pace that MMA is still groing at, you're old school after 2 fights (training wise).

Products Discussed in

To Top