Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

UFC 98 Evans vs Machida

Old 05-24-2009, 10:20 AM   #1
m_yota will become famous soon enough

m_yota's Tacoma Gallery
UFC 98 Evans vs Machida

That was an awesome fight. i had a good feeling he was gonna take the belt from rashad. First time being knocked out. It looked like he was trying to hold on in the second round, he was apparently out.
Old 05-24-2009, 02:18 PM   #2
once flirted with danger, danger got clingy
magikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: greg
magikbean562's Tacoma Gallery
ryu is pretty much unstoppable right now
Old 05-24-2009, 02:43 PM   #3
OnTheDarkSideOfTheMoon
silverbullet05 has a brilliant futuresilverbullet05 has a brilliant futuresilverbullet05 has a brilliant futuresilverbullet05 has a brilliant futuresilverbullet05 has a brilliant futuresilverbullet05 has a brilliant futuresilverbullet05 has a brilliant futuresilverbullet05 has a brilliant futuresilverbullet05 has a brilliant futuresilverbullet05 has a brilliant futuresilverbullet05 has a brilliant future

Name: SlickRick
silverbullet05's Tacoma Gallery
Machida and silva never take any damage. I like rashad but I knew this style of machidas was going to be too much. no one has figured it out yet. I think he needs someone to bullrush and brawl it out. nosense in letting him jump in and out like a karata comp. Time for peoplee to test his groundgame cuz standing he is dominating. great fight though. I cant wait for that wec faber fight. brown aint going to go away easy. I think he will retain the belt. anyone get the game it pretty fun.
Old 05-24-2009, 04:09 PM   #4
AZsand has much to be proud ofAZsand has much to be proud ofAZsand has much to be proud ofAZsand has much to be proud ofAZsand has much to be proud ofAZsand has much to be proud ofAZsand has much to be proud ofAZsand has much to be proud of
AZsand's Tacoma Gallery
I remember the very first time i saw Machida fight and i said this guy was champion material. Aside of his style being somewhat unique (not because it really is, just becasue no one uses karate in MMA) what sets guys like Machida, Sylva and even GSP apart from the rest, is that they impose their style, pace and overall will in a fight against their opponents.
I hope that soon enough ultimate fighting will go back to what it was always suppose to be: have only one style of your own (karate, muay thai, jiu jitsu, whatever) and be that good at it to where you impose your style in the fight for the most part, and you just have good defense against other styles.
Wait and watch Machida pick appart Rampage next. He'll never knock him out or nothing but he'll take him on rounds maaaaybe a tko but i doubt it. I don't think he'll get to close to Rampage, we'll see.
Old 05-24-2009, 04:27 PM   #5
SMO
SaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
SaltySteve's Tacoma Gallery
I actually found Machida very effective but extremely boring in the past. After watching the countdown special to the show on SpikeTV I understand his thought behind his style and actually admire what he had to say.

I really don't care for Evans and his showboating bullshit ways so I was glad to see Machida punish him. Is Machida going to be the next Silva for light heavyweight? I think Rampage will fight him next. I hope Rampage wins. I like him. But I think that Machida may win and Silva will come up to 205 and try to get that title as well. Just my opinion.
Old 05-24-2009, 04:34 PM   #6
badguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police (95B)
badguybuster's Tacoma Gallery
I think it's great Rashad lost, IMHO he was highly over rated. Machida is very hard for traditional MMA fighters to get a handle on, just like Silva, that is why they are so impressive. I am pretty confident that Machida will stomp Rampage, since Rampage has never fought a striker like this. I watched a show on Machida and he actually descends from a line of Samurai warriors!! Pretty good blood lines. Anderson Silva is great but his last fight was pathetic. I think he needs an ass whoopin too, maybe it will light a fire under him. NONE of these guys should be undefeated, the losses give them a reason to train harder.
Old 05-24-2009, 04:45 PM   #7
epa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eduardo
epa4wd's Tacoma Gallery
Will see what happens when silva fights griffin in ufc 101
Old 05-24-2009, 05:54 PM   #9
SMO
SaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by epa4wd View Post
Will see what happens when silva fights griffin in ufc 101
I heard about this but didn't know it was set in stone. That should be fun.
Old 05-24-2009, 09:14 PM   #11
AZsand has much to be proud ofAZsand has much to be proud ofAZsand has much to be proud ofAZsand has much to be proud ofAZsand has much to be proud ofAZsand has much to be proud ofAZsand has much to be proud ofAZsand has much to be proud of
AZsand's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltySteve View Post
I actually found Machida very effective but extremely boring in the past. After watching the countdown special to the show on SpikeTV I understand his thought behind his style and actually admire what he had to say.

I really don't care for Evans and his showboating bullshit ways so I was glad to see Machida punish him. Is Machida going to be the next Silva for light heavyweight? I think Rampage will fight him next. I hope Rampage wins. I like him. But I think that Machida may win and Silva will come up to 205 and try to get that title as well. Just my opinion.
I would go out on a limb and say that Machida will go down to 185 to take on Silva before it happens the other way arround. Unless Henderson gets to Silva first (he got way to confident last time and lost focus IMO).
Silva is a very methodical fighter kinda like Couture and a superb muay thai practitioner, however i think he is one of those guys that hit a win streak and when he looses he'll keep loosing rather then jump back up in the game. I dont think Silva is a veteran like Henderson, Couture, Miletich, etc. I just think he's a win streak wonder like Belfort or Shogun Rua. Plus i have not seen him get his chin tested yet.

If Machida fought Silva tomorrow, i would have no problem putting money on Machida, but that's just me. I think the Silva story will end soon and for good like the Liddell or Hughes story. Not the same with Machida IMO. I think we're looking at a 205 pound Fedor Emilianenko here.
Old 05-25-2009, 07:18 AM   #12
SMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZsand View Post
I would go out on a limb and say that Machida will go down to 185 to take on Silva before it happens the other way arround. Unless Henderson gets to Silva first (he got way to confident last time and lost focus IMO).
Silva is a very methodical fighter kinda like Couture and a superb muay thai practitioner, however i think he is one of those guys that hit a win streak and when he looses he'll keep loosing rather then jump back up in the game. I dont think Silva is a veteran like Henderson, Couture, Miletich, etc. I just think he's a win streak wonder like Belfort or Shogun Rua. Plus i have not seen him get his chin tested yet.

If Machida fought Silva tomorrow, i would have no problem putting money on Machida, but that's just me. I think the Silva story will end soon and for good like the Liddell or Hughes story. Not the same with Machida IMO. I think we're looking at a 205 pound Fedor Emilianenko here.
I agree with some of what you said but I think you're discounting Silva a bit too much. I mean c'mon, this guy is on a 10 fight win streak (9 in UFC). That's no joke.

I think his chin has not been tested for the same reason Machida's hasn't been either. They're both too damn elusive. Now don't get me wrong, at first I couldn't stand Silva but have grown to respect him as a fighter.

All that being said, Lyoto Machida is like a friggin juggernaut. This dude hasn't lost, at all. He's never lost and it doesn't look like it's going to happen anytime soon.

I guess I said that Silva would go up to 205 and fight him because he already went that route and has been verbal about it. I hadn't heard or read anything about Machida going down. And although I as a fan would love to see that fight, I'd much rather see Henderson beat Bisping and then beat Silva.

Lyoto Machida
Anderson Silva
Dan Henderson
Michael Bisping
Rampage Jackson
Old 05-25-2009, 07:33 AM   #13
epa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eduardo
epa4wd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

They already asked them if they would fight, they don't want to, Machida and Silva are BFF lol, it was said that it would take 100 million for them to fight. I think they will eventually fight but not any time soon, but I would deffinetly like to see it happen. Silva has been forced to go to 205 and I think Griffin can win against Silva, but not by knockout or submission it would be by judges decision. If Silva win UFC101 we might see Evans vs Silva.
Old 05-25-2009, 04:11 PM   #14
AZsand's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I agree with some of what you said but I think you're discounting Silva a bit too much. I mean c'mon, this guy is on a 10 fight win streak (9 in UFC). That's no joke.

I think his chin has not been tested for the same reason Machida's hasn't been either. They're both too damn elusive. Now don't get me wrong, at first I couldn't stand Silva but have grown to respect him as a fighter.

All that being said, Lyoto Machida is like a friggin juggernaut. This dude hasn't lost, at all. He's never lost and it doesn't look like it's going to happen anytime soon.

I guess I said that Silva would go up to 205 and fight him because he already went that route and has been verbal about it. I hadn't heard or read anything about Machida going down. And although I as a fan would love to see that fight, I'd much rather see Henderson beat Bisping and then beat Silva.

Lyoto Machida
Anderson Silva
Dan Henderson
Michael Bisping
Rampage Jackson
Don't missunderstand me, I love Silva as a fighter and have the utmost respect for him. I am most definately not discarding him at all, i just don't think he's it. And by it i mean like UFCs Emilianenko....you know the unicorn, nobody can touch in 40-50 fights, the real stuff. There was Liddell, W. Silva, Arlovski, Hughes, Silvia, etc. They had win streaks (some longer some shorter) and at the time people thought they were the shit. And it's not about a guy like that loosing once and to a geat opponent....they started loosing big and to nobodies (and by nobodies i mean definite underdogs). Look at Lidell in his last few fights...
I'm just saying Silva is a rock star now, no question. But for me, somebody like Henderson, Noguiera, not to mention Emilianenko are the real deal.
And my all time favorite (don't care what anybody says) is Mirko. But Silva needs to be a seasoned veteran before he gets points in my book. Beating Lieben or Lutter don't do it for me...not to mention his last fight, then the shit with Cote....whatever. He's good but mostly hype IMHO.
Old 05-25-2009, 06:02 PM   #15
SMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZsand View Post
Don't missunderstand me, I love Silva as a fighter and have the utmost respect for him. I am most definately not discarding him at all, i just don't think he's it. And by it i mean like UFCs Emilianenko....you know the unicorn, nobody can touch in 40-50 fights, the real stuff. There was Liddell, W. Silva, Arlovski, Hughes, Silvia, etc. They had win streaks (some longer some shorter) and at the time people thought they were the shit. And it's not about a guy like that loosing once and to a geat opponent....they started loosing big and to nobodies (and by nobodies i mean definite underdogs). Look at Lidell in his last few fights...
I'm just saying Silva is a rock star now, no question. But for me, somebody like Henderson, Noguiera, not to mention Emilianenko are the real deal.
And my all time favorite (don't care what anybody says) is Mirko. But Silva needs to be a seasoned veteran before he gets points in my book. Beating Lieben or Lutter don't do it for me...not to mention his last fight, then the shit with Cote....whatever. He's good but mostly hype IMHO.
Yeah I know what you're saying. You see that Cro Cop is coming back to the UFC? I can't find the article but hopefully he comes back as the Cro Cop we knew in Pride.
Old 05-25-2009, 06:12 PM   #16
AZsand's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah I know what you're saying. You see that Cro Cop is coming back to the UFC? I can't find the article but hopefully he comes back as the Cro Cop we knew in Pride.
I don't think he should. There's a time to do this sport and a time to stop. Not everybody can do what Couture did. Most are not anywhere near that disciplined. I would love to see Mirko fight again, but like Liddell and Noguiera and even Henderson soon they should just stop. You just can't fight age. You loose reflex, ability to recover, stamina and most of all the pace that MMA is still groing at, you're old school after 2 fights (training wise).