Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

Good luck today!

Old 05-31-2009, 05:31 PM   #1
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Good luck today!

You guys know what a radio geek I am by now
..so I have been off work since 4-28 with this bloodclot, but it so happens I had to go to my store to have the boss sign off some medical leave papers. I ran into one of my customers up in the parking lot and this guy is into radios too so we would shoot the bull when he'd come in to shop and he had told me a while back that he was falling out of the radio hobby. Well he was wondering where I'd been because he has been meaning to give me his shortwave reciever! "I have it in the back of my car so when I see you I could give it to you"
Once I saw this thing, I said "can I at least give you like $40?" He insisted no, and re-itterated that he was glad to let it go to a guy who had the passion for radiocomm that I do So I accepted it with promise that it will be well enjoyed in my radio group.
Guys, this rig sold new for $1300!!! It sells USED for $350-$550 now! It is a high end military grade HF reciever like my new one. It is the Icom IC-R71A built around 1984-and it works GREAT, it is running right now with a full, room-filling dynamic that really makes the rest of the world sound better what a cool thing to be at the right place at the right time.
Old 05-31-2009, 05:51 PM   #2
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
Yah Ridge, pretty cool!
Old 05-31-2009, 06:03 PM   #3
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thanks man-I am really grateful for it just had to share.
Old 05-31-2009, 07:46 PM   #4
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
WOW!!

Awsome Frank!!!!!!
Old 05-31-2009, 07:49 PM   #5

Thanks Chris-I am LOVING it! It has been running for 3 hours now!!!
Old 05-31-2009, 07:50 PM   #6
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgerunner View Post
Thanks Chris-I am LOVING it! It has been running for 3 hours now!!!
And it LOOKS cool!!!!
Old 05-31-2009, 07:50 PM   #7
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
thats kickass Uncle Frank!!!
Old 05-31-2009, 07:53 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
thats kickass Uncle Frank!!!
Thanks T-this is "gold" to your ol unc
Old 06-01-2009, 09:50 AM   #9

here's a photo after I gave the rig a good cleanup
Old 06-01-2009, 11:01 AM   #10

Man, Thats amazing!