Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

walking/running shoes

Old 06-09-2009, 08:28 PM   #1
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
walking/running shoes

SOoo..with my recent trip to the DR and the high blood pressure, ive decided to at least start doing a 30 min walk every day after work me and the GF walked about 40 mins tonight, and I had my dc's on which arent made for walking. Anyone reccomend a decent walking/running shoe? thanks
Old 06-09-2009, 08:29 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
check out new balance and adidas. new balance has some really good,comfortable shoes, and you may wanna check out some rockports.
Old 06-09-2009, 08:33 PM   #3
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
any places on the cheap for them? I just checked out zappos.com and there a ripoff
Old 06-09-2009, 08:35 PM   #5
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildjerseyfirefighter View Post
any places on the cheap for them? I just checked out zappos.com and there a ripoff
try dicks sporting goods....they prices are really reasonable.
Old 06-09-2009, 08:37 PM   #6

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
try dicks sporting goods....they prices are really reasonable.

Ooo true that man..Im gonna go there tomorrow!
Old 06-09-2009, 08:38 PM   #7
afd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

afd23a's Tacoma Gallery
You gotta get some shoes that fit your feet and are meant for the type of activity you're going to be doing (run and walk are different types). Asics, New Balance, Saucony all make good running shoes. It just depends on what fits your foot the best.

Over time the insoles in your shoes eventually break down and collapse, so no more support. If you're really serious about it get a pair of Sole insoles. You heat them up in the oven, put them in your shoes, and they mold to your feet. Most comfortable insoles ever.
Old 06-09-2009, 08:40 PM   #8

Firefighter:
the only reason I wanted walking/running shoes is because Im going to take it slow right now, and just keep upping the walking distances untill i can run at a jog, then up to a nice running speed.

Guess I gota get 2 pairs of shoes..lol
Old 06-09-2009, 08:40 PM   #9

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by afd23a View Post
You gotta get some shoes that fit your feet and are meant for the type of activity you're going to be doing (run and walk are different types). Asics, New Balance, Saucony all make good running shoes. It just depends on what fits your foot the best.

Over time the insoles in your shoes eventually break down and collapse, so no more support. If you're really serious about it get a pair of Sole insoles. You heat them up in the oven, put them in your shoes, and they mold to your feet. Most comfortable insoles ever.
can you find them locally, or just on that site?
Old 06-09-2009, 09:12 PM   #10
09 but I drive a 012 Expedition...
tacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff...I'm pretty sure
tacoholic's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to tacoholic
Nike Shox FTMFW!!!
Old 06-09-2009, 09:31 PM   #11
afd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

afd23a's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildjerseyfirefighter View Post
can you find them locally, or just on that site?
I've found them at REI stores, maybe at other sporting goods stores too, just haven't looked. I'd get one pair of running shoes if I were doing it. Just meant that you probably don't want to run in walking shoes or cross trainers. Hell, they might not even make walking shoes for men It's just all about supporting your feet and they take a pounding when you run.
Old 06-09-2009, 09:45 PM   #12
6 Double 5 3 2 1
thebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ken....
thebigk's Tacoma Gallery
My dad bought some Dr. Scholl's Gellin shoes at Big 5 last week.....he said they're the most comfortable shoes he's ever wore. They look pretty good too.....not "old manish" like I thought they would. And they were like 35 bux.
Old 06-17-2009, 11:37 AM   #13
Sounds Gooooood
ItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
ItalynStylion's Tacoma Gallery
Asics, New Balance, and Saucony, as mentioned above, are all great choices as long as you get a shoe that is for your specific foot strike. There are three main categories that a foot strike falls into. Pronation, neutral, supinator. Pronation is the tendencie of the foot to roll toward the inside of the strike. This requires a shoe with a stability post on the inside of the foot. People who supinate strike with the outside of their foot and might require a stability post on the outside of the the foot. Neutral means that you are very very linear. Any good running shoe place should be able to help you get what you need. Let them watch you run bare foot and look at the bottom of your old shoes and they can tell what you require.

I've run division 1 cross country and track for 4 years and I know that shoes are very important.
Old 06-17-2009, 01:53 PM   #14
Beverly0817 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeverly0817 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeverly0817 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeverly0817 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeverly0817 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeverly0817 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeverly0817 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeverly0817 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeverly0817 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeverly0817 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeverly0817 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Beverly0817's Tacoma Gallery
I've been a valet attendant for ten years and have tried working in adidas, asics, new balance, nike shox and skechers.

My choice = NIKE SHOX

If you go to www.finishline.com you can sometimes find them on sale. I have several pairs that I got for under $40.
Old 06-17-2009, 01:59 PM   #15
tmat has a spectacular aura abouttmat has a spectacular aura abouttmat has a spectacular aura about

Name: Treavor
tmat's Tacoma Gallery
Try the Nike Free. This shoe basically is like wearing nothing at all. When you walk barefoot you work out more muscles in your feet, which means it's healthier. So they engineered a shoe that tries to mimic barefootedness...try it out; they're also super comfortable. that's my .02
Old 06-17-2009, 02:04 PM   #16
Sounds Gooooood
ItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beverly0817 View Post
I've been a valet attendant for ten years and have tried working in adidas, asics, new balance, nike shox and skechers.

My choice = NIKE SHOX

If you go to www.finishline.com you can sometimes find them on sale. I have several pairs that I got for under $40.
I owned one pair for about a day....I took them back. I actually ordered them online and hated them so much that I thought it warranted taking them back even though I'd have to mail them. Just weren't for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmat View Post
Try the Nike Free. This shoe basically is like wearing nothing at all. When you walk barefoot you work out more muscles in your feet, which means it's healthier. So they engineered a shoe that tries to mimic barefootedness...try it out; they're also super comfortable. that's my .02
The free has a limitation on how much you should wear them. You should not do a ton of physical activity in them because they offer no structure. If you do, you will end up hurting yourself. Short sprints and shuttle warm up jogs are about all I'd use those for.
Old 06-17-2009, 02:09 PM   #17
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
i used to run competitively...i HATED nike shoes...i'd wear those out within a couple months...new balances didnt fit right...asics were my shoe of choice...i was unable to wear my last pair out thru 2 seasons of xc and i was running in the neighborhood of 10-12 miles a day...6 days a week...sometimes more
Old 06-17-2009, 02:16 PM   #18
tmat has a spectacular aura abouttmat has a spectacular aura abouttmat has a spectacular aura about

Name: Treavor
tmat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalynStylion View Post
The free has a limitation on how much you should wear them. You should not do a ton of physical activity in them because they offer no structure. If you do, you will end up hurting yourself. Short sprints and shuttle warm up jogs are about all I'd use those for.
Ah yes. Back to my bodybuilding days...did the cavemen have shoes?
Old 06-17-2009, 03:35 PM   #19
Sounds Gooooood

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
i used to run competitively...i HATED nike shoes...i'd wear those out within a couple months...new balances didnt fit right...asics were my shoe of choice...i was unable to wear my last pair out thru 2 seasons of xc and i was running in the neighborhood of 10-12 miles a day...6 days a week...sometimes more
Yeah, same with me. We got Nike shoes for free at TCU and I would always take the new shoes to a local running store and trade them in for Asics. They'd let me do it as long as I paid the difference.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmat View Post
Ah yes. Back to my bodybuilding days...did the cavemen have shoes?
No, they didn't, but they also grew up, from day one, not wearing shoes. You on the other hand...didn't. And, as expected, your body has become pansy and now need shoes in order to do extreme amounts of mileage. You might be able to slowly wean off shoes if you did it very very slowly (as in years) but a quick switch will likely cause you to strain something or get a stress fracture.
Old 06-17-2009, 04:04 PM   #20
Be a thinker, not a stinker
usctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

usctacoma's Tacoma Gallery
i run about 5 miles a day and i've tried about every brand from adidas to new balance and mizuno. But the most comfortable shoe i have ever run in is the good old nike shox. They don't have to be an expensive pair. Just get a pair from last year that are on sale for 40 or 50 bucks and they are just as good. Currently, the shoes i'm running with were 49.99 bucks. If i had to guess, i'd say i have run about 700 miles in them. they still feel good too.