Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

Adjust U-brakes

Old 06-14-2009, 09:08 PM   #1
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Adjust U-brakes

Help!
Old 06-14-2009, 09:09 PM   #2
AR_Taco is a splendid one to beholdAR_Taco is a splendid one to beholdAR_Taco is a splendid one to beholdAR_Taco is a splendid one to beholdAR_Taco is a splendid one to beholdAR_Taco is a splendid one to beholdAR_Taco is a splendid one to beholdAR_Taco is a splendid one to behold

Air Force:
AR_Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Whats a U-brake? Are you talking about an E-brake?
Old 06-14-2009, 09:11 PM   #3
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AR_Taco View Post
Whats a U-brake? Are you talking about an E-brake?
On a bike...... sorry
Old 06-14-2009, 09:13 PM   #4
AR_Taco is a splendid one to beholdAR_Taco is a splendid one to beholdAR_Taco is a splendid one to beholdAR_Taco is a splendid one to beholdAR_Taco is a splendid one to beholdAR_Taco is a splendid one to beholdAR_Taco is a splendid one to beholdAR_Taco is a splendid one to behold

Air Force:
AR_Taco's Tacoma Gallery
One of these:
Old 06-14-2009, 09:14 PM   #5
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery

this one
Old 06-14-2009, 09:23 PM   #6

Air Force:
AR_Taco's Tacoma Gallery
My guess is the assembly that holds the cable. Loosen that and pull or push the cable. Sorry I cant be more help I haven't owned a bike with mechanical brake in a long time, I'm all hydro. What bike do you ride. Mine is a 06 Kona Scrap
Old 06-14-2009, 09:30 PM   #7
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
My guess is the assembly that holds the cable. Loosen that and pull or push the cable. Sorry I cant be more help I haven't owned a bike with mechanical brake in a long time, I'm all hydro. What bike do you ride. Mine is a 06 Kona Scrap
This is going to be my BMX bike. A Trek T150. Its my neighbors I'm about to buy it. Im going to take off the brakes when its mine.

Im getting a Kona Full Suspension bike soon as well.
Old 06-14-2009, 09:48 PM   #8

Air Force:
AR_Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Kona full suspensions are nice, if i had the money I would own a Stinky preferably the Stinky Air.
Old 06-14-2009, 09:53 PM   #9
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Kona full suspensions are nice, if i had the money I would own a Stinky preferably the Stinky Air.
Im getting one of those dont know which though
Old 06-14-2009, 09:55 PM   #10

Air Force:
AR_Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Wish I could but almost all my money goes towards my truck.
Old 06-14-2009, 09:57 PM   #11
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Wish I could but almost all my money goes towards my truck.
Yeah I know the feeling
Old 06-14-2009, 09:58 PM   #12
09 but I drive a 012 Expedition...
tacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff...I'm pretty sure
tacoholic's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to tacoholic
Quote:
Santa Cruz Blur LT FTW!

But yea just loosen the bolt at the top and evenly push together the two sides at the same time then re-tighten the bolt once you've pulled the extra slack through.
Old 06-14-2009, 10:00 PM   #13

Air Force:
AR_Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I ain't frowning, my truck is my pride and joy, it's liking my girlfriend but better, no nagging, bitching, or complaining her ass is fat.
Old 06-14-2009, 10:00 PM   #14
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoholic View Post
Santa Cruz Blur LT FTW!

But yea just loosen the bolt at the top and evenly push together the two sides at the same time then re-tighten the bolt once you've pulled the extra slack through.
What about the adjuster on the brake itself??
Old 06-14-2009, 10:27 PM   #15
tacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
I ain't frowning, my truck is my pride and joy, it's liking my girlfriend but better, no nagging, bitching, or complaining her ass is fat.
lol I wish I had a car I gave a shit about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentsnh View Post
What about the adjuster on the brake itself??
What you mean? Oh! That, uhhh...well you could try suing that to tighten ti but I think using that for the fine adjustments is better.
Old 06-14-2009, 10:32 PM   #16
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
lol I wish I had a car I gave a shit about.

What you mean? Oh! That, uhhh...well you could try suing that to tighten ti but I think using that for the fine adjustments is better.
Thanks bud! I will try that tomorrow
Old 06-14-2009, 10:33 PM   #17

Good luck! I worked with those things back in the day...then I got hydraulic discs.
Old 06-14-2009, 10:46 PM   #18

Air Force:
AR_Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Good luck! I worked with those things back in the day...then I got hydraulic discs.
Hydro discs are the only way to go.
Old 06-14-2009, 10:51 PM   #19

Quote:
Hydro discs are the only way to go.
Hell yea! They're so awesome.
Old 06-15-2009, 05:36 AM   #20
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hell yea! They're so awesome.
But this is for BMX. When I get the bike from my neighbor(trade or buy) I'm taking off the brakes then. I hate brakes on BMX bikes