Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

Glass Etching

Old 06-19-2009, 11:02 AM   #1
epa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eduardo
epa4wd's Tacoma Gallery
Glass Etching

I made this for my father to give him on Sunday, it came out pretty cool

Result:

Old 06-19-2009, 11:03 AM   #2
David Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David Tarantino's Tacoma Gallery
nice job iam sure your dad will be happy
Old 06-19-2009, 11:19 AM   #3
raskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
raskal311's Tacoma Gallery
Nice!! what is thats the foam stuff you used? I've done this before but I used a sand blaster.
Old 06-19-2009, 11:27 AM   #4
SMO
SaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
SaltySteve's Tacoma Gallery
Very cool man. He'll like it . . . . or else!
Old 06-19-2009, 12:25 PM   #5
09 but I drive a 012 Expedition...
tacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff...I'm pretty sure
tacoholic's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to tacoholic
That's hella sick! I want one!
Old 06-19-2009, 12:32 PM   #6
epa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
epa4wd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by raskal311 View Post
Nice!! what is thats the foam stuff you used? I've done this before but I used a sand blaster.
I use a cream called Armour Etch, works great, leave it 5 minutes then wipe it off, careful not to get any on your skin the stuff is strong.
Old 06-19-2009, 12:54 PM   #7
Sounds Gooooood
ItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
ItalynStylion's Tacoma Gallery
Damn, that's some pretty cool jazz! Does that work on Plexi?
Old 06-19-2009, 01:18 PM   #8
epa4wd's Tacoma Gallery
No, I dont think it works on plexi
Old 06-19-2009, 01:21 PM   #9
Sounds Gooooood
ItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Where did you get that vinyl film that had the Porsche logo in it and how did you apply it? That's very very cool and I'd like to learn that for some various applications.
Old 06-19-2009, 01:27 PM   #10
epa4wd's Tacoma Gallery
I have a vinyl cutter, I cut the drawing like I was going to make the decal but instead of removing the surroundings I removed the inside.
Old 06-19-2009, 03:00 PM   #11
Sounds Gooooood

Wow, so you peeled back each individual "white space" area where the glass shows through? That must have been pretty tedious work! Mad props man, came out great!

PS: Nice Think Pad, my whole family basically works for IBM. I interned there twice but I branched out after college lol!
Old 06-19-2009, 03:11 PM   #12
epa4wd's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah specially where it says STUTTGART the letters were so small it was a PITA.

Thanks my brother used to work for IBM in NY that's why I got my first Think Pad this is my 3rd since then. They are very good.
Old 06-19-2009, 06:43 PM   #13
SMO
SaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Alright, who's going to be the first one to etch the Toyota symbol with devil horns into their windshield?

You know someone is going to try it.
Old 06-19-2009, 06:47 PM   #14
SMO

Maybe sockmonkey has capabilities of cutting the vinyl to whatever you want?